IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anybody purchase an 07 Sport yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-06, 11:25 AM
CareySutra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Technique
Nice WOman, exact same options as me, except I cancelled the headlamp washers at the last moment...
Get it right! Haha I'm just kidding... All I really cared about was the Sport Package and NAV. I'm most excited about seeing the color finally.
Old 09-22-06, 11:39 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CareySutra
Get it right! Haha I'm just kidding... All I really cared about was the Sport Package and NAV. I'm most excited about seeing the color finally.
lol, my bad
Old 09-22-06, 12:06 PM
Mr. Pagz
Driver School Candidate

Smile NO Sports Package in '07

Hey guys, I am the proud owner of a new '07 350. The car rocks! When I was looking for it I originally was looking at '06 models. The '06 year appearantly had a "sport" package along with premium and "x" package options.

From my purchase experience, here is what I found:

In '07 they did away with the "sport" package and everthing has been put into the "X" package. As it turns out, it does not seem as if the "X" package is stand alone. All "x" packages come with the "premium" package options. The only difference is the extent of the "premium" options.

here is a typical example and what mine came with:
X-Package includes:
- Sport pedals
- 18-in Alloy wheels
- Sport-tuned suspension
- Illuminated scuff plates
- Front air dam

- Premium Package (Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Heated and ventilated front seats)
- Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System
- Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

So what this means is that as far as i can tell, they have done away with the "silver trim" that came with the sports package. Im kind of bummed about that.

Also, "X" packages are seemingly very, very scarce. I don't know why. maybe they underestimated demand.

All in all I can't help be a little disappointed in the changes made from the '06 to '07....there aren't many but the ones that have chnaged are just annoying enough to make me wish i bought an '06. (no override on the nav system) is a huge one.

Hope that helps...let me know if you guys have any questions about the '07
Old 09-22-06, 12:21 PM
CareySutra
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on your purchase! They do definitely still produce the Sport Package though. I just want EVERYONE to know that...haha THE SPORT PACKAGE STILL EXISTS!!!
Old 09-22-06, 12:47 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on your purchase! They do definitely still produce the Sport Package though. I just want EVERYONE to know that...haha THE SPORT PACKAGE STILL EXISTS!!!
Because my IS will be an employee lease option, I don't have a dealership to go to to ask questions. Dealerships have more priority and info than Toyota/Lexus employees haha
Old 09-22-06, 01:14 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Mr. Pagz: Sorry man, everything you said is almost completely wrong. The sport package definitely is still around. They ADDED the x-package in 2007, which includes only SOME of the sport package components. It definitely doesnt have everything the sport package has. The silver trim is still the BASE level trim, and the trim on the sport package.
Old 09-22-06, 01:28 PM
Shinedown
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the welcome...

2007 Lexus IS350 - Starfire Pearl/Black Leather - Sport Package - NAV - Headlamp Washers - ML - Park Assist - Spoiler

That's about all there is! I'm just excited to get it...it will be my first jump into the japanese world, I have been in the german scene for a while. I'm a little skeptical about the RWD and the fact that it's an automatic but oh well...its a sick car regardless.
Congradulations on your sweet ride, and welcome to CL !
I also come from owning german cars, but recentley (8/1/06) put in a special order for an IS350. I have a question for you. How long does it take to find out if lexus has accepted the build?
Old 09-24-06, 07:36 PM
CareySutra
Driver School Candidate

It definitely depends on your dealership so I would constantly check with them and build a good relationship with your sales person or sales manager. There really is no reason why they wouldnt accept a build at this point its just a matter of wait time. There are just so many factors having to do specifically with the dealership that you are going through, the best thing I can say is call them at least once a week.
Old 09-24-06, 10:20 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Thanks for the welcome...

2007 Lexus IS350 - Starfire Pearl/Black Leather - Sport Package - NAV - Headlamp Washers - ML - Park Assist - Spoiler

That's about all there is! I'm just excited to get it...it will be my first jump into the japanese world, I have been in the german scene for a while. I'm a little skeptical about the RWD and the fact that it's an automatic but oh well...its a sick car regardless.
What's the difference in the Sport Package & the X-Package?
Old 09-25-06, 06:22 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jman-is350
What's the difference in the Sport Package & the X-Package?
Sport Package has the following that the X-Package does not have:
1) Perforated leather-trimmed interior
2) Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
3) Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
4) Heated and ventilated front seats
5) Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
6) Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse
7) Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
8) Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)

So, basically the sport package adds all the luxury features.

And of course, the X-package has different style 18" wheels and comes with the front air dam.
Old 09-26-06, 12:57 PM
Mr. Pagz
Driver School Candidate

Default I'm Shocked

I cannot believe that the sport package still exists for the 2007 IS 350. I asked more than one dealer and both said there was no Sport package for 07. Even the Lexus website does not show a sport package as part of their trip options...

What gives? I'd be pissed if in fact I could have ordered with the Sports Package instead of just the X Package. I really wanted the silver trim.
Old 09-26-06, 01:46 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Pagz
Even the Lexus website does not show a sport package as part of their trip options...
What are you talking about. Lexus page still shows the Sport package

Sport Package (IS350 RWD only) - $3,695 (Automatic) [2]

- Perforated leather-trimmed interior
- Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
- Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Aluminum sport pedals
- Aluminum doorsill scuff plates
- Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
- Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse
- Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- Sport-tuned suspension
- 18 x 8.0-in alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 tires front [3], 18 x 8.5-in alloy wheels with 255/40YR18 tires rear [3]
Old 09-26-06, 02:13 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TimboIS
What are you talking about. Lexus page still shows the Sport package

Sport Package (IS350 RWD only) - $3,695 (Automatic) [2]

- Perforated leather-trimmed interior
- Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
- Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Aluminum sport pedals
- Aluminum doorsill scuff plates
- Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
- Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse
- Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- Sport-tuned suspension
- 18 x 8.0-in alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 tires front [3], 18 x 8.5-in alloy wheels with 255/40YR18 tires rear [3]

NOT TRUE. If you go to BUILD YOUR IS and select the 350RWD 2007 and your option DOES NOT have the SPORT PACKAGE.

X-Package with Additional Options $6,367.00

X-Package includes:
- Sport pedals
- 18-in Alloy wheels
- Sport-tuned suspension
- Illuminated scuff plates
- Front air dam

Additional Options:
- Premium Package
- Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System
- Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)
Old 09-26-06, 02:19 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jman-is350
NOT TRUE. If you go to BUILD YOUR IS and select the 350RWD 2007 and your option DOES NOT have the SPORT PACKAGE.
Yes, TRUE.

BUT, it depends on the zip code you enter... For example, I am in 22202... Go ahead and build your lexus, 350RWD 2007, and you'll see the sport package...
Old 09-26-06, 02:23 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Pagz
I cannot believe that the sport package still exists for the 2007 IS 350. I asked more than one dealer and both said there was no Sport package for 07. Even the Lexus website does not show a sport package as part of their trip options...

What gives? I'd be pissed if in fact I could have ordered with the Sports Package instead of just the X Package. I really wanted the silver trim.
Dude, you've learned the hard way what I tell people every day. NEVER listen to what a dealer has to say. I don't care if you asked 100 different dealerships and they all tell you there is no sport package, or you are a fool if you want Mark Levingson, or whatever other lies they spread... All 100 are wrong...

The dealer is out to do one thing, make as much money off you, as quickly as possible. They will lie, cheat, steal, basically do whatever they have to do get you to buy whatever cars they have allocation of. If all they have is X-package, they will tell you the X-package is the best package and that the other packages are garbage. If they sense that you already want a different package, they will outright LIE to you and say that package doesn't exist and that it's been "replaced" by the X-package.

Someone should sue dealerships for lying to consumers so blatently... I feel for ya man, sorry... You should go to the dealership and have some words with the salesman who lied to you...

"I dream of a world where the consumer can buy a car DIRECTLY from the manufacturer, a world where dealerships no longer have a monopoly" - Technique

Last edited by Technique; 09-26-06 at 02:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Anybody purchase an 07 Sport yet?