IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I am just sick over my IS...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-06, 04:24 PM
racegirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am just sick over my IS...

I waited 3 1/2 weeks for my new IS250 to be delivered from the port, so I was so excited to pick up my baby when she finally arrived. I pampered my car - kept it clean (obsessively clean), didn't push it, parked far, far away from other cars, etc. I was absolutely devastated when on day 6 (8/29) this ****ing girl ran a red light and hit me. I just found out last week that she may not even have insurance. I am just sick over this, and I hate dealing with the aggravation of insurance companies, the body shop, etc. However, today I picked up my car, and the world is not all gray skies again.

I thought I would share my pics with you. We were in a residential neighborhood, so thankfully the damage was not horrible. It is tough to see the damage to the wheel in my pictures, so I attached a close up of the worst part. In fact, my wheel took most of the hit (thankfully the only thing that they needed to do was an alignment).
Attached Thumbnails I am just sick over my IS...-img_0359.jpg  
Old 09-12-06, 04:38 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know that insurance companies can be aggravating at times. Just continue constant (and I mean constant repetitive strenuous) contact with them to discuss your claim.

Get your car fixed, and enjoy that you have it. It's good to hear that it was just a "minor" accident.

Good luck and hopefully, your car doesn't get damaged again...
Old 09-12-06, 04:45 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Try to get money for "Diminished Value" since your car will now have an accident on its record.
Old 09-12-06, 04:46 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

just curious - what will happen to the girl since she might not even have insurance? Who will pay for your repair? Thanks.
Old 09-12-06, 04:47 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I promise that will never look right again, especially if you are obsessive compulsive about your car. Blow it up and say it got stolen and start over.
Old 09-12-06, 04:54 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Know exactly how you feel. After 2 months my wife wrecked our GS300. She babied the car just like you did. She even kept a bottle of oxyclean in the car when stains got on the carpet. I thought she was being a little too obsessive but I understand. I've always loved cars and this was her first car love. Remember, as bad as this feels, someone else's could be worse. I would gladly trade your ding for our crash.
Old 09-12-06, 04:55 PM
racegirl
Driver School Candidate

The girl was cited for running the red light, but she produced an insurance card at the scene. I waited for a week, and I needed to get my car fixed in case the wheel had hidden damage. So I decided to go through my own insurance company to get it fixed. I just don't want to deal with it anymore. Once it is confirmed she has no coverage, my insurance company will turn her in to the BMV (which will suspend her license for 1 year), and they will also sue her to recover the money. Two weeks later I am STILL waiting for her insurance company (Progressive) to confirm or deny coverage. They are really jerking me around.

I picked up my car today, and they did a great job. It looks brand new again, but I hesitate before going through the green light now!
Old 09-12-06, 04:57 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by racegirl
The girl was cited for running the red light, but she produced an insurance card at the scene. I waited for a week, and I needed to get my car fixed in case the wheel had hidden damage. So I decided to go through my own insurance company to get it fixed. I just don't want to deal with it anymore. Once it is confirmed she has no coverage, my insurance company will turn her in to the BMV (which will suspend her license for 1 year), and they will also sue her to recover the money. Two weeks later I am STILL waiting for her insurance company (Progressive) to confirm or deny coverage. They are really jerking me around.

I picked up my car today, and they did a great job. It looks brand new again, but I hesitate before going through the green light now!
Good to hear that she looks brand new again. Can you post a pic of the repair?
Old 09-12-06, 06:38 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sincityIS
I promise that will never look right again, especially if you are obsessive compulsive about your car. Blow it up and say it got stolen and start over.
What a worthless post!
Old 09-12-06, 06:41 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you get the insurance thing straightened out and file a diminished value claim. So many people file BS claims like "pain and suffering", and don't even realize that they can be compensate for legitimate losses due to diminished value. It is a true loss, especially on such a new car, and such a blatant violation by the other driver.
Old 09-12-06, 10:35 PM
nmes923
Rookie

Originally Posted by sincityIS
my dads sc430 got in a really bad accident... the entire front end had to be replaced pretty much along with some repairs on the passenger door. i took it to a body shop near my dealership and when i got it back i promise you that nobody would be able to tell it was in an accident ever looked just like factory quality. just get it fixed and enjoy the car its a good one =D
Old 09-13-06, 12:24 AM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

it's good that you weren't injured. i'd prob sue the girl if she doesn't have insurance, atleast that would make her get a lawyer, and own up to it. enjoy you car from here on out!
Old 09-13-06, 05:34 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Try to get money for "Diminished Value" since your car will now have an accident on its record.
LOL... yeah, good luck with that. The damage is so minor, I just don't see making a big stink about this. Get it fixed, and move on. Simple.
Old 09-13-06, 05:58 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about your accident... even if it is a "small dent" as other have said I can totally understand why you'd be upset, I take really good care of my cars too.

If it is a good bodyshop, you'l never be able to tell that anything has happened to the car.

Oh and good luck with the insurance too... I've had TWO accidents where I was hit by people without any insurance. I both occassions NOTHING happened to either. It ended up costing me and they got a slap on the wrist. WHICH TOTALLY PISSES ME OFF! (Sorry for venting )

Anyway good luck with everything.
Old 09-13-06, 06:48 AM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

Damn women drivers that is exactly why I don't drive my car, I just have it parked in the driveway and go out and look at it
I know exactly how you feel someone backed into my car while it was parked along the street infront of my house.

Quick Reply: I am just sick over my IS...