IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Which is a better car OVERALL?
Lexus IS350
88.15%
BMW 330i
11.85%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Lexus IS350 vs. BMW 330i

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-06, 02:31 PM
IS350JY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Lexus IS350 vs. BMW 330i-is3503.jpg  
Old 07-21-06, 02:31 PM
IS350JY
Driver School Candidate

Attached Thumbnails Lexus IS350 vs. BMW 330i-is3504.jpg  
Old 07-21-06, 02:32 PM
IS350JY
Driver School Candidate

Attached Thumbnails Lexus IS350 vs. BMW 330i-is3505.jpg  
Old 07-21-06, 02:33 PM
IS350JY
Driver School Candidate

Attached Thumbnails Lexus IS350 vs. BMW 330i-is3506.jpg  
Old 07-21-06, 03:12 PM
johnc
Driver School Candidate

nice wheels!
Old 07-21-06, 03:16 PM
IS350JY
Driver School Candidate

Thanks there the foose df-5 its a new wheels that just came out from foose.
Old 07-21-06, 03:29 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

It's like asking Mac users which is better, PC or Mac.

Those wheels are nice. Usually I don't like it when they're that flashy, but those just look cool, especially with that color. Time for me to look up this "Foose" company.
Old 07-21-06, 03:58 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

The decision was not tuff for me at all. I don't have my 2007 i350 black sapphire/blac lux,nav.ml
yet, but it will be Oct before I know it.

I have spent 2 months being serious about a car purchase and have driven MANY different vehicles. Lexus IS350 is the very clear winner for me. The BMW 330i is a damn nice car. It does many things very well. For me, it does several things poorly. Mainly in the interior. I simply do not like it. It inspires no emotion and leaves me feeling plain. I can appreciate the quality of the cabin, the clean lines, the sharpness, but that's not what I want to appreciate. I want a sporty/rich, cockpit type feel. It's like wearing a tuxedo instead of a nice suit. You look sharp but you look out of place most of the time. I want to be comfortable and surronded by nice things.

The BMW drives great. Well, so does the Lexus. They drive a bit different and I can say that the BMW has a better driving feel to it. But it is not a signigicate difference and virtualy unoticieable for every day driving. There is no wow factor between the two. But I do give the edge to the BMW.

BMW has more room...period. And with the folding rear seats, way more. Lexus dropped the ball on the seat folding issue. No doubt about it.

Nav system goes to the Lexus hands down. Not worth even discussing.

Sound system goes to the lexus. Esp the ML. But the stock system is still better, but the BMW's is not poor.

VDMI. Really not that big of a deal for 99% of us. 2007 will put that baby to bed for the future.

LOOKS. The BMW330i looks real nice. Has a nice stance and looks bold. It also looks like a slightly differnt version of something I've been looking at drive around me, everywhere I look, for the past 20 YEARS!!!!!!!!!! I was at a large intersection last week stopped at a red light. I counted 6 BMW's of various modles at that intersection!! They are everywhere. I want something different, I want to enjoy that fact that I don't see many of the same car I drive everywhere I look. And the Lexus is that. They can sell all they want of the is350/250, they will never begin to litter the landscape. They are sporty and bold. They look like they want to be driven and be enjoyed. They look fun while looking of quality and class at the same time.

The Pro and Con list to these fine cars is very uneven in my opinion. A slight nod to the BMW in driving feel, and a big nod to the folding seats. That's it. "Folding seats!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lexus gets a big nod in every other way. A big nod in all the areas that are the most important.

Damn...is it October yet??

Oh yeah, one other thing. When I was driving the BMW with my polarized Oakly's, I could not read any of the instumentaion that lighted up in that tired ol' dull orange glow the BMW's love so much. That meant the radio, ac controls, clock, etc.
Old 07-21-06, 04:40 PM
IS350JY
Driver School Candidate

I agree.I hated the cabin of the 330i. The dash and all of the colors and gauges was the biggest turnoff for me.Lexus is the way to go!
Old 07-21-06, 04:42 PM
IS350JY
Driver School Candidate

The wheels just came out a little over a week ago but when i fist saw them i didnt like them but i felt weird about them for som e reason and then i ordered them and right when i saw them even before they were on the car i thought tha they were amazing andf then when they were onthe car they were even better. For some reason i do nt like the way they look in the pictures they look 10 times better i you actually ae looking at them.
Old 07-21-06, 05:00 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

It's IS forum. lol

I think them both. I think they both are great cars. But IS350 suits me much better. It's a gentleman's choice like 5th gear reviewer says. lol

ok, but serisouly, you should read this thread.

http://e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13647

btw, IS350JY, your car is pretty sick.
Old 07-21-06, 06:29 PM
SILes300
Driver

From the BMW forum,

"Wow guys, I was pulled up by a IS350 today also man, and man it has the SAME color as mine, "WHITE." Haha it was this black dude in it and man he kept checking out my ride since I had works done on the car already. Haha I kept wondering what's he thinking about.... And you know the most funny thing is that he has the license plate customed, which reads "PHATLEX" I was like "wdf.....???" Haha when he drove away, I was totally laughing my *** off. I dunno man, for some reason I juz dun feel that name you'll. Man I am definitely not disrespecting the IS guys, but man this is juz funny. Oh wellz, juz something I wanna share

Oh I have no disrespect for the Lexus guys, I mean come on now, my parents own a LS430 and my sis has a RX330.... "

Anyone here with that plate?
Old 07-21-06, 06:41 PM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SILes300
From the BMW forum,

"Wow guys, I was pulled up by a IS350 today also man, and man it has the SAME color as mine, "WHITE." Haha it was this black dude in it and man he kept checking out my ride since I had works done on the car already. Haha I kept wondering what's he thinking about.... And you know the most funny thing is that he has the license plate customed, which reads "PHATLEX" I was like "wdf.....???" Haha when he drove away, I was totally laughing my *** off. I dunno man, for some reason I juz dun feel that name you'll. Man I am definitely not disrespecting the IS guys, but man this is juz funny. Oh wellz, juz something I wanna share

Oh I have no disrespect for the Lexus guys, I mean come on now, my parents own a LS430 and my sis has a RX330.... "

Anyone here with that plate?
I feel like I'm watching the movie Airplane--but I need to see the english subtitles, because I have no idea wtf this person is talking about. Anyone care to translate.
Old 07-21-06, 06:42 PM
keeeeez
Pole Position

Wouldn't think you'd get an unbiased opinion here...IS350 will get the overwhelming majority of votes on this board. Try the same poll on the bmw forums and see what you get.
Old 07-21-06, 07:46 PM
IS350JY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by STIG
It's IS forum. lol

I think them both. I think they both are great cars. But IS350 suits me much better. It's a gentleman's choice like 5th gear reviewer says. lol

ok, but serisouly, you should read this thread.

http://e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13647

btw, IS350JY, your car is pretty sick.
Thanks alot. Im glad after all of the time and money i put inot the car someone finally tells me that they like it. I really appreciate it!

Quick Reply: Lexus IS350 vs. BMW 330i