ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Aerotect ISX50 Smokeout Taillights are ready for orders (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/224232-aerotect-isx50-smokeout-taillights-are-ready-for-orders.html)

ddquach 06-27-06 07:10 PM

Aerotect ISX50 Smokeout Taillights are ready for orders

Just work with Francisco all day today @ Aerotect to get these cut perfectly to smoke out your taillights fot those DIY peeps out there. Just contact them at Aerotect for prices.... Here some pics...

TheNewGuy 06-27-06 08:10 PM

that looks good BTW i have a question on where you got those black pearl emblems

LeXusIS714 06-27-06 08:19 PM

hey ddquach,, can you take some more pictures? i need to see some outside/inside pictures.
thank you

dfw350 06-27-06 08:19 PM

will this void my warranty

puredreamz 06-27-06 08:22 PM

looking pretty nice... i just might have to order some for my baby.

-Marc

ddquach 06-27-06 08:36 PM

here another pix

ddquach 06-27-06 08:37 PM

and another pix

ddquach 06-27-06 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by TheNewGuy
that looks good BTW i have a question on where you got those black pearl emblems

The emblems I got from the delaership 4 months back when I pick up the car.

ddquach 06-27-06 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by dfw350
will this void my warranty

No it wont, Its just a film overlay and can easily be taken off.

Phillip31 06-27-06 08:50 PM

so they've figured out how to make smoked out taillights for our cars even tho they stick out....i remember they said they couldn't do it because of the irregular shaped taillights.

I've been wanting to do this ever since i got my car......how much??? and more pics pleasE!

jwag 06-27-06 08:55 PM

How do I get these. Looks great and would look great on my 350 as well. I am looking into doing the black gold emblems as well, that would make a great combo. I had them on my is300 and loved it.

ddquach 06-27-06 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by jwag
How do I get these. Looks great and would look great on my 350 as well. I am looking into doing the black gold emblems as well, that would make a great combo. I had them on my is300 and loved it.

Just contact Aerotect for prices. Work on it all day to get the fittment right.

flyfl1pguy 06-27-06 11:01 PM

DAMN! thats one sick lookin is350. :thumbup:

ULTiMaX99 06-27-06 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by ddquach
The emblems I got from the delaership 4 months back when I pick up the car.

dang 4 months and still have the dealer plates on em?

Payam 06-27-06 11:34 PM

I wonder how that would look on Tungston Pearl. Anyone want to do a photoshop? :D

kloh7 06-27-06 11:59 PM

Gotta give props. Nice Ride!

wobbles 06-28-06 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Payam
I wonder how that would look on Tungston Pearl. Anyone want to do a photoshop? :D

It looks pretty good, the taillight seems to be a little darker on tungsten pearl since its a lighter car, he tried it on my car when i went to get my clear bra put on.

Phillip31 06-28-06 12:57 AM

Here are pics of smoked out taillights on tungsten pearl.......they're not from Aerotect but should give u an idea of how it would look like

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=smoked

pinoychris 06-28-06 09:09 AM

I actually worked with Francisco about 2 weeks ago to get the initial fitment of the rear tail light overlays. It took most of the day to just make sure he could get it on right. Anyway, here's a picture of mine, I took after the install. They do look great in person.

http://chrispoblete.com/IMG_4342.jpg

gshb 06-28-06 09:16 AM

damn you people with the progressiv ME and smoked lights....it looks seriously pimp

Payam 06-28-06 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Phillip31
Here are pics of smoked out taillights on tungsten pearl.......they're not from Aerotect but should give u an idea of how it would look like

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=smoked

Thanks, that does look good.

Question #2
with the overlays, does the orange part of the tail light stay orangish or will it look red like the rest of it?

United #10 06-28-06 09:38 AM

Looks great. Is it look dark at night?

pinoychris 06-28-06 09:52 AM

Question #2
with the overlays, does the orange part of the tail light stay orangish or will it look red like the rest of it?

I have the red outs under the smoke outs =) So it's red under.

Originally Posted by United #10
Looks great. Is it look dark at night?

Actually, when the tail lights are on at night, the difference is hardly noticeable since we have LED tail lights.

RshaoKh 06-28-06 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by pinoychris
Actually, when the tail lights are on at night, the difference is hardly noticeable since we have LED tail lights.

So cops probably wouldn't pull me over at night for having those right? I'm just wondering since cops where I live are bored and like to give tickets. :)

varok 06-28-06 10:03 AM

Dude, that looks Hot! :thumbup: :thumbup:
I might do that during the Aerotect meet.

pinoychris 06-28-06 10:04 AM

IMO, you're more likely to get pulled over during the day since they can actually see that your tail lights are smoked.. but i haven't had any problems for the last couple weeks.

Joe Z 06-28-06 10:07 AM

They look awesome Chris!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

You should have posted it two weeks ago !!! :woot:

Jz

I actually worked with Francisco about 2 weeks ago to get the initial fitment of the rear tail light overlays. It took most of the day to just make sure he could get it on right. Anyway, here's a picture of mine, I took after the install. They do look great in person.

http://chrispoblete.com/IMG_4342.jpg

pinoychris 06-28-06 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Z
They look awesome Chris!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

You should have posted it two weeks ago !!! :woot:

Jz

Thanks Joe. You should have seen me and Ryan just staring at the tails on Friday night when I was at his house.

Phillip31 06-28-06 10:35 AM

Question #2

i have the red outs right now too...but if i get the smoked out taillights i was thinking of removing the red outs since the orange won't be noticeable under the tinted film....is that true???

Nicelex13 06-28-06 05:32 PM

looks aweeesome....even on silver

AeroTect 06-28-06 11:35 PM

Smoke Tail Lights

1 Attachment(s)
These are more Pic's of the Pre cut smoke tail Ligts for the IS250/350 .
This is a great option as opposed to spray paint. No drying time & 100% removable with out any damage. Perfect for those who are concerned about tickets. Install it yourself or take it to your local tint shop. Call toll free to order. (866) 388-AERO

AeroTect 06-28-06 11:55 PM

Smoke Tail Lights

1 Attachment(s)
Pre Cut Smoke tail Lights

AeroTect 06-29-06 12:01 AM

Smoke Tail Lights

1 Attachment(s)
Red outs Under Smoke Tail Lights & Smoke Reflectors

iorchii 06-29-06 11:08 AM

this is so off topic...

haha... so off topic, but just excited... I want to get my smoke reflectors & tail lights

ITS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!! :D :D :D :D :D

nine9898 06-29-06 12:09 PM

We need prices.......We don't want to bother Aerotect with the same questions.....

Phillip31 06-29-06 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by nine9898
We need prices.......We don't want to bother Aerotect with the same questions.....

Ya....and how much it costs for Aerotect to install them

Do you guys have a darker film just like you had for the reflectors???

is2fiddy 06-29-06 01:13 PM

Prices

Talk to them earlier today because I have been waiting for someone to finally make them, they quoted $79 for smoke tails, about $8 for the redouts, and about $10 for the reflectors. I am going to get them all so it will look nice. I think it will look better if the rear of the car looks the same. It might also look funny without the red outs

flipside909 06-29-06 05:18 PM

Thanks Joe. You should have seen me and Ryan just staring at the tails on Friday night when I was at his house.

Yeah they look great...especially at night...it looks great with SGM. Yeah Chris you shoulda posted them 2 weeks ago as you were the first prototype for this kit. ;)

ddquach 06-29-06 07:57 PM

Ok guys, just to make this clear. I'm just posting to let everyone know that this kit is ready for orders for those DIY people. I'm not claiming I was the first nor that I said I was the first to protype this. I'm a good friend of Francisco and Jeannie and they wanted to use my ride to perfect this kit for orders. Serious, I thought this site is to help other fellow members and not bragging rights....

flyfl1pguy 06-30-06 12:32 AM

After seeing this SGM im starting to like this color. . .
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...id=87413&stc=1