IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Your thoughts about Kuni Lexus in Littleton CO

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-06, 06:54 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your thoughts about Kuni Lexus in Littleton CO

First off hi from a new member! Great forum you guys have here.

I have a potential deal with this dealer on a Tungsten/Black 350 with sport/ML/Nav. Has anyone worked with this dealer on a purchase? I searched on the site and found a lot about the service department, but nothing about sales.

I am in Houston and this is a buy and ship kinda deal, so I am kinda antsy in the first place. I am getting a really good price, but not seeing the sales person in person is driving me nuts (I read a lot in body language). So any experience (good or bad), especially with Charlie Mullison, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-24-06, 07:30 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Who cares what the salesman is like, if you think the deal is right? Mine was a real a-hole, but they were one of the only dealerships that would place a special order. I said sayonara to him and their dealership on my way out, and told them I'd be taking my car elsewhere for service.

Last edited by TimboIS; 03-24-06 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-24-06, 07:40 PM
evotolexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exact same boat as you. Ordering from Kuni and shipping to San Antonio.

I am in San Antonio and just received my paperwork for purchase of IS350 SGM/black interior/Luxury/ML/Nav/spoiler.

Everything has been great and got a really good deal. Only disagreement we had was the "requirement" to fill out a credit app even though am paying cash. Finally got that resolved.

But overall, they have been great. Should have car by end of next week.

Last edited by evotolexus; 03-24-06 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-24-06, 07:48 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by evotolexus
Exact same boat as you. Ordering from Kuni and shipping to San Antonio.

I am in San Antonio and just received my paperwork for purchase of IS350 SGM/black interior/Luxury/ML/Nav.

Everything has been great and got a really good deal. Only disagreement we had was the "requirement" to fill out a credit app even though am paying cash. Finally got that resolved.

But overall, they have been great. Should have car by end of next week.
I was interested in that myself. I am also paying cash to them so why do you need to even check my credit? Strange...
Old 03-24-06, 07:51 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Who cares what the salesman is like, if you think the deal is right? Mine was a real a-hole, but they were one of the only dealerships that would place a special order. I said sayonara to him and their dealership on my way out, and told them I'd be taking my car elsewhere for service.
I know you're right, but this is the first time I have ever purchased a car sight unseen. Just a little weird not to have watch the sales guy go pretend to "fight for me" with his manager or fight the finance guy about the extended warranty and such (I could get used to it though).
Old 03-24-06, 07:56 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Just a little weird not to have watch the sales guy go pretend to "fight for me" with his manager or fight the finance guy...
Haha, you made my day. But seriously, I'd definately want to see the car before paying for it.
Old 03-24-06, 08:22 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TimboIS
But seriously, I'd definately want to see the car before paying for it.
That brings me to what I guess is bothering me the most. How does this process work? Can I have it shipped to me prior to paying for inspection? What should I ask for prior to signing any papers (pictures, copy of sticker,...) I just don't want to do anything stupid...

Anyone who has purchased from a remote dealer feel free to jump in.
Old 03-24-06, 08:33 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Uhhh....I would say you need to go up there and inspect it yourself.

I have purchased out of state 4 times, but always fly up to inspect the car, do paperwork and usually drive it home.

If you're getting a great deal...isn't it worth it to fly up and check it out? otherwise I think you'll end up FEDEXing back and forth.

What kind of deal are you getting off MSRP if I may ask...PM if you want to keep it private but I'm very curious because I know Houston dealers STILL are not negotiating.
Old 03-24-06, 08:38 PM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

kuni is strange. you would have had a great experience with their maintenance and service department if you lived here. i live in colorado springs now but if i have to get anything from the dealer i make the 45 minute trip up to kuni. you should have gotten a great price though. the is350 just isnt very practicle for colorado snow days. the AWD 250 is hard for us to get
Old 03-24-06, 08:51 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bagwell
What kind of deal are you getting off MSRP if I may ask...PM if you want to keep it private but I'm very curious because I know Houston dealers STILL are not negotiating.
The number he quoted me is $40K even + TTL + shipping. That is about 3900 below sticker. I have nothing in writing as of yet, but I have asked him like 3 times "thats the price for an '06 IS350 Tungsten/Black with ML/Nav and Sport" and he says yes. Thats one reason I am a little freaked by the deal. I went from 3-4 month wait and paying sticker to a 4 week wait and paying $3900 below sticker...
Old 03-24-06, 09:35 PM
deuce2
Rookie

when they ship it...does it actually ship to your house? does the truck pullup and they unload it to your driveway? just wondering...
Old 03-24-06, 11:05 PM
evotolexus
Driver

Yes, I've just received the Fed-ex paperwork from Kuni today.

Mine is shipping from Kuni either Tuesday or Wednesday. They are shipping directly to my house. Part of my deal was not to pay shipping and to include the IS car cover to protect it while in transit.

I considered flying up there to inspect, but feel comfortable with it being a new car (made sure received truth in odometer paperwork) and a Lexus (reputation). Will definitely inspect the car, but feel fairly confident will be in perfect shape. If not, always recourse.

I'm fed-exing my paperwork back tomorrow to receive on Monday.

If you want more details ,Phil, PM me your number and I can let you know exactly how it turns out next week. I'm taking pictures of it on the truck for my own protection and documentation.

Last edited by evotolexus; 03-24-06 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-24-06, 11:19 PM
evotolexus
Driver

Originally Posted by IS350_PHIL
I was interested in that myself. I am also paying cash to them so why do you need to even check my credit? Strange...
Exactly. They tried to stick to their guns on that one, but I stuck to mine. I told them - "plain and simple, I'm paying cash so don't you worry about my credit. If your policy is to sign it, then I'm not buying. Your choice. Call me back if you can work something out."

Then I got the whole song and dance, that's it just to verify identity and not to establish credit. However, I told them it's a credit application and that would authorize them to run my credit report.

In the mean time, I called Stevinson Lexus and they have a nice stock as well. Sure enough, I get a call back saying they're willing to bend their policy.

For that inconvenience, came a further reduction from MSRP.
Old 03-25-06, 12:29 PM
gsko
Driver School Candidate

I bought my IS 250 AWD from Charlie. He's a good guy. I got about $2500 off of sticker but in the end didn't save as much because of the financing rate. I did feel a little rushed through the transaction but probably more my fault since I showed up about 30 minutes before they closed. I would and have recommended Charlie to others. He made me feel really comfortable throughout the sales process.
Old 03-25-06, 12:35 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsko
I bought my IS 250 AWD from Charlie. He's a good guy. I got about $2500 off of sticker but in the end didn't save as much because of the financing rate. I did feel a little rushed through the transaction but probably more my fault since I showed up about 30 minutes before they closed. I would and have recommended Charlie to others. He made me feel really comfortable throughout the sales process.
Great. Thats what I wanted to hear. He seem good over the phone, but nothing can compare with first hand experience. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Your thoughts about Kuni Lexus in Littleton CO