ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   drl..the saga continues (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/202851-drl-the-saga-continues.html)

cdeeznuts 03-02-06 02:09 PM

drl/high beam 9005, foglight 9006 even though your manual says 9004.

JamRWS6 03-02-06 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by cdeeznuts
drl/high beam 9005, foglight 9006 even though your manual says 9004.

Ok, I'm a little confused here....if you'll bear with me. :)

So the 9005 is the high beam bulb? What about the little DRL bulb inside the high beam housing that gives that yellow color?

cdeeznuts 03-02-06 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by JamRWS6
Ok, I'm a little confused here....if you'll bear with me. :)

So the 9005 is the high beam bulb? What about the little DRL bulb inside the high beam housing that gives that yellow color?

in the housing there are two bulbs. a small wedge bulb which is your parking light that comes on with your headlights/hids. the other bulb/larger/centered bulb is your drl and your high beam.

do this. go to your car. don't even turn it on. turn the light switch once. that'll be your parking lights only. second turn is headlighst with the parking lights. pull it towards you and you have hids with the highbeams. and if its dark outside. turn on your car on and turn the lights all the way off. your drls should be on.

JamRWS6 03-03-06 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by cdeeznuts
in the housing there are two bulbs. a small wedge bulb which is your parking light that comes on with your headlights/hids. the other bulb/larger/centered bulb is your drl and your high beam.

do this. go to your car. don't even turn it on. turn the light switch once. that'll be your parking lights only. second turn is headlighst with the parking lights. pull it towards you and you have hids with the highbeams. and if its dark outside. turn on your car on and turn the lights all the way off. your drls should be on.

Oh ok, so the high beams are actually the DRLs as well.

Is there a parking light that matches the stock HID color?

Thanks for your help! :thumbup:

BaLLzZz 03-03-06 12:57 PM

look above is also my question but my other question is this. If the wedge/parking light bulb is in their with the drl when is only the parking light on and not the drl...??? Never correct so if you cannot match those your killing yourself.... You should be able to find the wedge from piaa easily i got them for my tl license plate lights....

cdeeznuts 03-03-06 06:43 PM

you can turn on the parking light without the drl/high beam if the car is off. but if the car is on then the drl is on with the parking light. I just wanted to help differentiate the two.

ISbb 08-05-06 08:26 PM

I am going to put LED for my DRL will post some pic later... :D

Session87 08-05-06 09:01 PM

how can you use a led for your drl/highbeams? do they make them for that? also, i am looking to get xenondepot 6000ks for both my lowbeams and my fogs, i was wondering if anyone knew a solution for matching the 6000k color on my drl/highbeams. you aren't supposed to have hid lights used for drl since it can shorten the life and screw up the bulbs, and it would be even worse if you used the highbeams to flash people because that would increase the chances of blowing the bulbs even more. so my question is what do people suggest for a drl/highbeam solution to match 6000k hid lowbeams. (it seems like the sylvania silverstars are not enough, and neither are the hoen xenonmatches)

also, i know this has been mostly covered, but are those cheap refractor leds people are getting from ebay for parking lights any good? i want my parking lights to match my 6000k hid lowbeams as well, so any advice on the best fix for this would be great too. i would rather spend a little more money and have everything look perfect than try to cheap my way around it.

thanks in advance for all the help (pics would be great too!!)

VitB6 08-05-06 10:37 PM

I heard that if you have have an HID conversion kit on the car you aren't supposed to change out your DRL's because it draws too much power and will burn out the HID's. Is that not right?

gyung 10-30-06 09:19 PM

Any luck on the LED parking lights? I'm looking to buy the Hoen or PIAA 168 wedges (194 = 168 right?).

As for the Hoen Xenonmatch Plus Bulbs, do you have another picture in the daytime with your DRL running? Or are those it in the last couple pictures. I bought some Sylvania ones and aren't happy with them, so I don't want to waste any more money :p

chuckler 12-28-06 08:11 PM

i think the license plates that use leds are the same size as the parking lights in the front..so you could try and use that?