IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Installation: 2nd gen IS Ipod Integration.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-06, 06:08 PM
emissivity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kensteele
I'm not very happy with this setup (not true integration) and will be upgrading the minute a solution is available.
Yes I agree this is not "integration" but rather steps on "how to plug in an iPod"
Old 02-20-06, 06:16 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Yes, not truly integrated but something better than this mess I have right now; maybe something like this, I would buy this today if it were available:
Old 02-20-06, 06:38 PM
sjgIS350
Lead Lap

Default Don't need the 90 degree

if you use this..

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Ir7sLqU...er&i=119AICHG2
Old 02-20-06, 06:44 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I'd even be satisfied with this. It should actually fit in the armrest with the pivoting adapter.

Old 02-20-06, 07:17 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sjgIS350
true, but most of us are trying to take advantage of the 90 degree's dual-outlet capability.
Old 02-20-06, 07:54 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

this should work. http://********************/ (edit:thats pretty gay about links)
anyway, its www mp3yourcar com

they have a module that they say works with the 2006 IS and gives you control on your NAV screen.
Old 02-20-06, 08:50 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tonyxcom
this should work. http://********************/ (edit:thats pretty gay about links)
anyway, its www mp3yourcar com

they have a module that they say works with the 2006 IS and gives you control on your NAV screen.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201814
Old 02-22-06, 07:14 PM
AllenAggie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay....so here is an email that I just got back from my sales person. I sent her an email today complaining about the "ground noise". I personally feel that if you spend $45K on a vehicle and they are boasting Auxiliary inputs...then it better work properly!....

I think Lexus is very aware of this issue because here is the response she sent back to me...from a technician:

The 2006 IS models are equipped with an Auxiliary audio input port. Some clients have noticed that if you use the vehicles power outlet to power the device being used (Ipod) loud feed back static can be heard. On page 198 (see below) of the owners manual it states that this static will occur when using the power outlet, the manual recommends using the devices own internal power. The clients that have experienced this feel that this is not very practical and is very inconvenient. I contacted Lexus technical and went over the concern that our clients are having, he stated that Lexus is aware of the concern and a TSIB to correct it is on the way. The engineer recommended a Ground Loop Isolator be installed on the power adapter to the device being used, I will find a source for them so we can take care of this in house until the TSIB counter measure is available
Old 02-22-06, 08:28 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Nice to know they are aware of the issue. Maybe they'll relocate the outlet when they fix the problem.
Old 02-23-06, 11:03 AM
AllenAggie
Driver School Candidate

new email from sales person
We can get it fixed for you. Of course it will not cost you a thing. Lexus is working on creating a bulletin on the problem for all of the existing IS350 clients. Can you leave it with us for the day? Shouldn’t take long, but I will get you a loaner.
Old 02-23-06, 11:22 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AllenAggie
new email from sales person

Thanks for the info; if you obtain an official Lexus bulletin # that would help when we all go to our own salespersons/dealerships.
Old 02-23-06, 11:12 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Should i wait for the bulletin and let lexus fix the problem or just go and buy the the Ground Loop Noise Isolator???
Old 02-24-06, 09:52 AM
AllenAggie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Phillip31
Should i wait for the bulletin and let lexus fix the problem or just go and buy the the Ground Loop Noise Isolator???
The isolator is only about $18...so if you really want to listen to your iPod, then I say go for it.

Personally, the isolator will be adding to the spaghetti of wires already in my center console. For now, I'm just listening to XM in the car...and will take my car in next week for them to integrate the isolator...or however they are correcting the issue.
Old 02-26-06, 12:53 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

The isolator is only about $18...so if you really want to listen to your iPod, then I say go for it.

Personally, the isolator will be adding to the spaghetti of wires already in my center console. For now, I'm just listening to XM in the car...and will take my car in next week for them to integrate the isolator...or however they are correcting the issue.
Ya, same here. I already have the charger cable plus the aux cable in the console. i wouldnt want to add the isolator and have even more wires in there. I guess for now i will just connect the aux cable to the headphones output for now....and dont use the charger coz it works fine that way anyway. U said ur gonna take ur car in next week.....will they be able to fix it by next week?
Old 02-26-06, 12:59 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

My guess is that Lexus will just add a ground loop isolator underneath the AUX connector. You could probably do that yourself to avoid the mess of wires. Maybe they'll do a real dock connector at the same time.

Quick Reply: Installation: 2nd gen IS Ipod Integration.