IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 and IS350

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-05, 08:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by DC52E55
is350 with 6 speed stick is really appealing to me i could care less about mini fridge, massage, air suspension, laser guided cruise control blah blah blah and so on... just IS350 6 speed RWD is good enough for me.
totally agree. if i am getting the new is3, i am not looking into any of the stuff i find on the ls430
Old 02-21-05, 08:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by actham
When the lease on my 2000 GS400 ended, I jumped ship to a G35 coupe 6MT. I'm really more of a sport coupe sort of guy (thought I did love the GS) and fell for the G pretty hard. It is a great car performance wise...but does have some short comings. My biggest gripe is the stereo...a Mark Lev system would definitely be an IS350 option I would go for. Another big gripe is the amount of engine noise in the cabin. I hope the next IS will offer equal or better performance than my G and be a Lexus...meaning a high quality interior and a noise level maybe half way between the G and my old GS. The 6MT is a must, though. And I'll be waiting for the coupe/convertible. Actually, I hope they do a stand alone coupe...I fear the retractable hardtop will be too many dollars.
very true, some real audio upgrades and better cabin noise control is something i really hope the upcoming IS will improve on. compared to the other lexus i own/drive, the is3 is quite a bit noiser than i would hope. more wind and road noise when driving for sure. and the sound on the is3 stock isn't bad, but it's far from what other lexus can provide too. at least give it a sub to begin with.... the car has no base at all imho, not even comparable to the stock system on my gs4. if there is a ML upgrade for the new is3 it's a big plus
Old 02-23-05, 08:06 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Preliminary List of Specs. IS250/350

The is pre- announcement dealer info and subject to change. Drumroll........

Smart Access std.
Ventilated Seats Optional
Touch Screen- Voice Activated Nav Optional
Mark Levinson Optional
Optitron Instrument Cluster
Power Tilt/Telescopic Wheel
Audio, Bluetooth, Voice Activation and Display Controls on Steering Wheel
10 Way power seats with memory for driver and passenger
Wood and Metal trim interior
Adaptive Cruise Control Optional
Park Assist Optional
Dual Zone Auto Climate Control std.
Rain sensing Wipers with Headlamp washers Optional
Illuminated Scuff Plates on door sills
Power rear sunshade Optional
Mini Plug accessory Connector ( for IPOD?)
Std AM FM CD 13 speaker system
All leather ( In our region)
IS350 RWD
IS250 RWD
IS250 RWD 6 speed Manual
IS250 AWD
6 Speed sequential shift Auto.
Basically it's a baby GS folks!
Old 02-23-05, 08:16 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockville

Smart Access std.
Mark Levinson Optional
Park Assist Optional
IS350 RWD
IS250 RWD
IS250 RWD 6 speed Manual
IS250 AWD

i am assuming no 6 speed stick for IS350? that's none sense.
Old 02-23-05, 08:30 PM
RohithT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smart Access– is that the feature where instead of having to touch the unlock button on the remote, the car automatically unlocks when you have the remote with you and you touch the door handle? Is the push-button start part of that too?

Miniplug adapter? Sweet! One of the reasons I've been looking hard at BMW, MB, and Volvo is because they have or will shortly have iPod integration. Nice to know that there's another option out there. A miniplug is almost as good to me as a dock connector.

Looks like the DVD-based audio system isn't standard like it is in the GS. I wonder if (and hope that) the ML will include the whole DVD system. While it really isn't all that useful, being able to watch DVD's in the car is a neat trick.
Old 02-23-05, 08:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Rockville

Smart Access std.
Mark Levinson Optional
Park Assist Optional
IS350 RWD
IS250 RWD
IS250 RWD 6 speed Manual
IS250 AWD

Thanks Rockville, this is hot!! I can't wait for pricing.
Old 02-24-05, 08:38 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default DVD player not standard but part of Mark Levinson

Originally Posted by RohithT
Smart Access– is that the feature where instead of having to touch the unlock button on the remote, the car automatically unlocks when you have the remote with you and you touch the door handle? Is the push-button start part of that too?

Miniplug adapter? Sweet! One of the reasons I've been looking hard at BMW, MB, and Volvo is because they have or will shortly have iPod integration. Nice to know that there's another option out there. A miniplug is almost as good to me as a dock connector.

Looks like the DVD-based audio system isn't standard like it is in the GS. I wonder if (and hope that) the ML will include the whole DVD system. While it really isn't all that useful, being able to watch DVD's in the car is a neat trick.
ON the new GS you get a touch screen std. and a nice 134 Watt audio system with 10 speakers. It has the CD changer slot and plays strictly audio. Move up to the Mark Levinson and you get 7.1 architecture and DTS surround sound. The surround sound really makes the playing of the DVD movies enjoyable. You then have 330 Watts and 14 speakers including a 20 CM Subwoofer. Expect a similar ML system on the IS350 because it will not be entry level and the ES250 will probably get the standard system to keep the cost down. The IS350 will probably get an 18" wheel option and the standard should get a 17". This is a larger rim size relative to the IS300 1st gen.

I have gotten a lot of flack regarding the transmissions available. I am using dealer info not future production plans. When the original IS300 came out everyone wanted a 5 speed. It arrived the following year. The 5 speed didn't sell well in the States. Since there are definite plans for a 6 speed IS250 it is not much of a stretch for Lexus to produce a 6 speed manual IS350. Since we know that they intend to run a race compaign with the IS350 in '06 wouldn't that be difficult without a manual shift? This is assuming they use a production model to race. I don't know the rules of the Rolex Cup and other race leagues but I'm interested. Team Lexus is run near here in Baltimore so I need to find out when any races are close enough to attend. Can you help flesh this racing question out for us Flip? What's good for Cali is good for Summit Point, WV.

Last edited by Rockville; 02-24-05 at 08:50 AM.