No crank no start after new injector connectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-19, 03:45 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default No crank no start after new injector connectors

2003 Lexus is300

So I had to change out the spark plugs after hitting a deep puddle...
blew my spark plugs out so I replaced those and while I was in the process of replacing them I found a couple of broken injector connectors so I ordered some new pigtails got those in and than took apart the Lexus again.
Spliced together the new pigtails, then checked everything twice....and the car will not crank will not start
I am at a loss ...
I actually took everything apart checked it to make sure I did correctly and then put it back together again... still nothing.
tried to jump it ...nothing
No codes come up. I’m stuck.

suggestions suggestions please

also... I think my alternator may be on the brink... so could this have finished it off??
Any help appreciated!
thanks
Christa
Old 07-21-19, 06:29 AM
TrueGS300
Racer

Received 463 Likes on 377 Posts

The car starts from the battery alone, then stays running from the alternator alone. I'd start with charging/testing your battery. Take it down to a parts store if you don't have a real charger, not some tender device. Have it charged and tested. Once started you can check the alternator, but first lets try to get you started.
Old 07-21-19, 06:38 AM
TrueGS300
Racer

Received 463 Likes on 377 Posts

I'd also like to ask you for a little more info on the water ingestion and whats happened since then. Are you saying that once you replaced the plugs, you've started the car and it ran fine? It's only now after the tear down again to go after injector connectors that it's in a no start condition?

What's important here that I need to know is if you were driving, hit water, engine stalled, and you've been doing repairs to it and not once since then has it turned over? If this is the case, you probably hydro-locked the engine. What you need to do before anymore repairs is take a 22mm (I think) and try to turn the engine by hand from the crank bolt. If it will not budge or hits something hard and stops, you have a blown engine. If you can make full revolutions, then it is a good sign and you should continue with the battery charge/test first.
Old 07-21-19, 10:05 AM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

2 pin Connectors at spark plugs.
I drove through the puddle and didn’t have the front engine undercover on the car... I’m repairing it and putting it back on soon.. and I’ve been super careful about hitting puddles because I didn’t want water to splash back up into the engine.
anyway... car behind me... had to go and I was too far in not to keep going and get out.
It was like a flash puddle! It ripped a bunch of covers under the car.... it’s amazing how rough water is on anything! So yes I drove it, and there were issues, and then I decided to check the spark... there was some excess fluid there so I cleaned it up... ordered my new pigtails... all this time car starts and runs ... and then
Finally today I got the car to start... after speaking with my brainiac Uncle who knows anything and everything...
so the starter wasn’t cranking. I had to shift it into neutral and some of the gears to release the manual lock ... it then started.
I just noticed that the PCV hose I just replaced was soft and squeezing and limp... so that’s definitely an issue and I have a new hose making its way to my end of the beach. I think this is why I am getting some crazy misfires and issues.... but I guess we will see once that is swapped out.
Running rough, but working it out.
Old 07-21-19, 12:34 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

Replaced the bad PCV hose ... started right up. But it’s running rough and I’m still getting the misfire.
I nicked the spark plug hose with the throttle spacer... guess it was sticking up when I reassembled. So I wiggled it after the new hose was on and the idle changed... so I’m replacing that part now too.
Old 07-22-19, 03:02 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

Replaced all of the high-tension cords today. Car is running great.
For the first time ever I was able to drive it in the auto manual mode. Guess I have finally worked out most of the kinks.
Old 07-22-19, 05:20 PM
daddystop
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

What are "high tension cords"? I've never heard of that before. Glad it's figured out.
Old 07-22-19, 08:44 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

HAHAA I didn’t even notice it changed my words !!
I meant “spark plug wire set”
ahhh! Haha sorry!! Stupid phone!
Old 07-23-19, 04:29 AM
daddystop
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Oh gotcha, I thought you were using parts in cars over there on the east coast that we've never heard of in Texas. Lol.