IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Transmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-19, 03:37 PM
Chris25
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problem

Hola,tengo un lexus is300 2002,ayer cambie la bomba de aceite de mi transmission por una nueva por que esta derramando un poco de aceite,el carro estaba corriendo normal,resulta que cuando lo voy a correr ahora del cambio 1 brinca al 3 y no registra cuando lo pongo en manual que puede ser?,un mecanico me dijo que se desprogramo por desconectar la bateria,que me sugieren?
Old 07-19-19, 09:26 AM
daddystop
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

The A650E transmission is a PWM controlled solenoid auto. To get 2nd gear some voodoo magic that is only known to the encrypted ECU has to be done to multiple solenoids using PWM. Any attempt to use an aftermarket ecu on an A650E results in the loss of 2nd gear and a transmission that is in limp mode. What check engine codes does your car show right now?

Same post in English:
Hello, I have a lexus is300 2002, yesterday I changed the oil pump of my transmission for a new one because it is spilling some oil, the car was running normal, it turns out that when I'm going to run it now from change 1 it jumps to 3 and It does not register when I put it in manual that it can be?, a mechanic told me that I am unprogrammed for disconnecting the battery, what do you suggest?