IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Accelerator Pedal Sensor for 2003 LEXUS IS300

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-19, 06:13 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Hi

Thank you! I surprised myself at what I was able to actually accomplish!
I took your advice and otdered the pigtails... just ordered everything wired and all ready to go and plan to just cut off the ones I had just done the connector swap on instead of the new pigtail crimps, so I am going to cut the wire off and just hold on to them... just Incase. I did a butt connector with the new pigtails on the APPS connection... and I noticed the (I think it’s called) the VC wire... the brown on the bottom ... it looked to be aluminum wire. My pigtail was all copper. Is this going to cause a problem?
Did you have that when you re-wired?

I have not redone the other 3 new pigtails yet for the TPS, VVTi and TM.. they are good for now... but I will get to them.

Anyway... she’s running great... lights still on, but no hesitation (limp mode). I plan to do the shop-vac and dish soap trick to find the exhaust leak. So far haven’t seen any fluorescent leaks from the oil.

I still feel sketchy driving her... like something else is going to happen... so I’m just handling her with kid gloves. I’m allowing the hubs to finally drive her (HAHA) ... lets hope he’s careful and she behaves!!

New brakes are going on this Week!! Yeah Rock Auto prices!!
. Christa
Old 04-03-19, 05:50 AM
daddystop
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Be careful with Rock Auto..... they didn't accept a core charge for my steering rack because I didn't send it back in the box that they sent me the rebuilt rack in. There is absolutely 0 recourse for this too if you get rid of the original box they send. Lesson learned, if you order from RockAuto, which I will continue to do, make sure you save the boxes to your parts if there is a core return fee charged.... otherwise you just won't get the money.
Old 04-03-19, 01:21 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good to know!
Always ready for some good advice... online ordering makes me nervous!
Old 11-05-19, 02:21 PM
boxer1932
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please please

I need help putting the throttle body lever sensor together I have the springs I’ve tried looking it up and can’t find it anywhere

That’s what I got please help.!i I have the other spring that goes with it please someone
Old 02-28-21, 08:10 AM
Quinton727
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hodgdon
Sorry to hear you got duped on the car.

The wiring connectors Toyota used on these engines don't age well. I've only recently learned this on account of throttle position sensor issues on my 2002, which turned out to be worn out terminals inside the connector.

I'd been chasing a TPS signal that was intermittently acting weird. Unrelated, I decided I should change my plugs. Upon disassembly of the throttle/intake arrangement, I broke every connector because they were old and brittle. I also broke all three of the coil connectors. I ordered new ones, but I DID NOT replace the wire terminals in the connectors. I simply unpinned the original connectors and put them into the housings.

My TPS signal problem went away for a while, but came back. Then I tried tightening the spring-loaded lever inside the terminals themselves to make better contact with the pins on the TPS itself. Problem went away for a while, but came back. Then I spliced a new pigtail into the OEM wiring harness, which solved the problem entirely.

My recommendation would be to install new pigtails on all the throttle body connectors, and re-evaluate.

hey can anyone help me out with the wiring color for the throttle position sensor? I’ve got an 02 is300 and I had to use a 92 sc300 throttle position sensor and I can’t figure out how to wire it up correctly. I tried but now my car is idling at 3k rpms