IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

IS Bodykit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-02, 01:54 AM
CarbonIS300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry bro but that is the RMM kit not the L-tuned...

this is the L-tuned

Originally posted by JRK

RMM is a knock off company. i was saying i liked the REAL kit of the RMM knock off but i didnt know who made it.

knock offs are gay. they dont belong on lexus'. if you dont have money...dont buy it.

im sorry, i just feel strongly against knock off bull****.

this is what the real L tuned kit would look like:

Old 09-21-02, 02:22 PM
JRK
Pole Position

dude...RMM is a KNOCK OFF company. it makes KNOCK OFF parts.

RMM maybe doesnt knock off L-tuned...but it DOES knock off a very nice brand that i havent figured out yet since i have only been here for a week.

if you want me to show you kits that RMM knocks off i will for the supra, celica, and i think GS.

Last edited by JRK; 09-21-02 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-21-02, 03:25 PM
isman
Pole Position

JDM-Neo Custom Sports-Toyota front bumper

Which is the knock off?
Old 09-21-02, 04:50 PM
MagusFuria
Pole Position

No offense is intended, but those who argue through an internet forum are like "special" Olympic athletes...even if you win, your still retarded.

BTW Look up facts before you make a statement like this...
but it DOES knock off a very nice brand that i havent figured out yet since i have only been here for a week
keep in mind, Im against knockoffs as well, its just that I hate it when people make bad arguements( sorry its just that im taking a Logic/Philosophy course and its rubbing off )

Last edited by Marley; 09-22-02 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-21-02, 05:42 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by JRK
i found irish's IS pictures:

not that subtle for my taste but i can see how someone can like it.
anyone know how much it is?
nice pictures
Old 09-21-02, 05:45 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

crsow - I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but I think people need to be informed. The VIS "kit" that you see on the Altezza is actually the picture of the REAL kit that VIS knocked off. Come on, look at the license plate. VIS is NOTHING but a knock-off company. That's ALL they do.

VIS wins shows because they give their kits for free to many people and those people fix up the cars to win. It's not VIS that's doing the winning...the owners are winning and they just happen to have a VIS kit.

Carisma is the most notorious Win Racing knock-off manufacturer (on the GS).

Unfortunately, priciples do not seem to apply now a days.

Like JRK said, knock-offs are gay and they don't belong on a Lexus.

How about this kit...it's the Phenix/Target kit...

Old 09-21-02, 06:15 PM
JRK
Pole Position

Originally posted by MagusFuria
No offense is intended, but those who argue through an internet forum are like "special" Olympic athletes...even if you win, your still retarded.

no one is arguing. wtf are you talking about.

BTW Look up facts before you make a statement like this... keep in mind, Im against knockoffs as well, its just that I hate it when people make bad arguements( sorry its just that im taking a Logic/Philosophy course and its rubbing off )
i know what i am talking. i just didnt know which company RMM knocked off for the IS300 kit. why you being an ***?
Old 09-22-02, 09:57 AM
skfds
Driver School Candidate

Default ummm RMM is NOT a knockoff

sorry to say but not arguing just getting the facts straight. RMM is NOT a knock off brand. They only make 1 is300 bodykit which is UNIQUE and of their design. The products they make are high quality. RMM is high quality company with high quality products like CWEST... i would think twice about questioning their products. Vis on the otherhand is a knock off brand making MANY knockoff's such as the TRD, Cwest and other bodykits for the IS300. Just getting the facts straight. If you want to argue go talk to the ppl at IS300.net. From what i know they think positively and respect Rod Millen Motors
Old 09-22-02, 10:03 AM
skfds
Driver School Candidate

Default ONE MORE THING

Rod Millen Motors does sell other bodykits, such as the Lsportline, HOWEVER it is the genuine Lsportline, not a replica. Thank you
Old 09-23-02, 04:54 PM
IrishIS300
Driver School Candidate

My goodness, I go away for a while, and I find you guys bickering over kits and HP numbers!!! AND, I find my car all over the postings!! lol...so, what do you guys think??? Someone said it wasn't too subtle. I always thought it kinda was. I mean I see some of these cars out there with weird *** things done to them, and my car looks stock! lol...
Old 09-23-02, 09:01 PM
IIIMSpeed
Driver School Candidate

word of advice to anyone buying a bodykit. you might be saving money on kits like VIS, Eurobooty and all these other knock offs from taiwan. but in the end you will spend the same amount of money making it fit and preparations of getting the low quality fiberglass painted. Also, Authentic kits fit when the kits fit. So you dont have to wait any longer than a week to get it painted. If you can really live for a month or so with out your car. then id re-think it through. Also remember you have a Lexus and not a Honda. You stepped up into the Higherend automobile so pay the higherend prices.
Old 09-24-02, 06:24 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely agree!! I mean WTF, you buy a Lexus and then you're all of sudden on a Honda budget? Well if that's the case, then you can't really afford a Lexus...and you DEFINITELY can't afford to fix it up.

There is nothing wrong with getting a good price on a part, but when you stoop down to getting knock-off parts...well, that just screams RICER...(and cheezeball...)
Old 09-24-02, 08:46 PM
JRK
Pole Position

Originally posted by skfds
ummm RMM is NOT a knockoff
alright. maybe not for the IS300 body kit but for the MKIV supra and i think celica it is.

for the supra RMM copied:
GReddy for the front lip spoiler
TRD for the rear wing
BOMEX for the side skirts.

you dont believe me...go to supraforums.com

but then again...RMM doesnt make knock offs.
Old 09-25-02, 01:54 PM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

Default irish is300 kit

hey irishis300,

where did you get that kit and hwo much? i want to buy one...pm me info please
Old 09-25-02, 02:11 PM
IrishIS300
Driver School Candidate

Hey man...I bought my kit a couple of years ago from Stillen, and it seems like I paid $930 for the whole thing excluding wheels. I think Stillen Guy just posted that they are now selling for something like $800. My sales guy is Adam Hume at Stillen. I dont know his number off hand, but you can use their website www.stillen.com. You'll see my car on the website!!

Quick Reply: IS Bodykit?