IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

new pics. tinted sidemarkers.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-09, 08:09 AM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new pics. tinted sidemarkers.

heres some pics i took this morning while the sun was out.. then 2 hrs. after i put my baby in the garage, IT POURS down raining and thunderstorm.. hahahaha

just new pics.. i use VHT night shades on my sidemarkers... it turned out great...

NO shes not LOWERED yet... i got bills and other stuff to pay for right now... but i will eventually lower it...

thanks.

p.s.- Some guy yesterday offered me $20,000 dollars for my car.. i said "NOPE". hahahaha i love her!

58,000 miles on the body and trans.. 3,500 miles on new motor!
Old 08-19-09, 11:19 AM
wuzzy
Driver

Looks nice but drop that 4x4 as soon as the bills are payed lol.
Old 08-19-09, 12:05 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn i woulda sold it for 20K and picked up another! haha

looks good bro!
Old 08-19-09, 12:07 PM
royaltyrsp
Driver

looks good!
Old 08-19-09, 01:16 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Looks and flows nice on your GGP!

And...damn! Someone offered you 20K.....I think I would've taken that offer...lol but she's your baby! =)
Old 08-19-09, 02:00 PM
kanderson
Driver

Looks good! Keep up the good work. Why a new motor so soon?
Old 08-19-09, 07:29 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Looks great, and goes well with the stealth theme you have.
Old 08-19-09, 07:47 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

The car looks good. Very clean look. I like those wheels
Old 08-20-09, 03:47 AM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

thanks everyone... yea, i got offered 20g. the reason i said no.. because, its my baby and i have long plans for her... this is my favorite color IS too.. GGP 4 the win!

when i bought this car a long time ago, like back in 2006.. there was something wrong with the motor from the previous owner who abused it... the #6 rod was loose and went thru the block when i was just cruising at 70mph on cruise control 2 months ago, a new motor got put in for free from lexus... motor is strong as **** and it runs like butter and brand new... i broke the new motor in about a month ago.. She's just perfect all around now, after i had to detail the paint to get blemishes and swirls, scratches, and wet sand the spots a little and buff out.. the previous owner never took good care of her... i had to do it all over again, and thats why i love her and she loves me.. LOL!!!!

Turbo, bodykits, lowering, front lip, upgrade suspension stuff will be in her furture too. ;o)

Thanks everyone
Old 08-20-09, 10:59 AM
nguminh
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Tell me who offered you 20k, I'll sell them mine!
Old 08-20-09, 11:09 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusGSXR
and thats why i love her and she loves me.. LOL!!!!

Thanks everyone
I love my baby too! Now that I think of it...if someone was to offer me 20k..I would say NO too! lol

My wife is jealous now because all I think about is what I am going to do next on my sportx! haha....I think there's more pics of my car than there is of my wife in my phone and camera! She loves my car too though...but doesn't want to admit it yet!
Old 08-21-09, 12:54 PM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by weklexus
Tell me who offered you 20k, I'll sell them mine!
some old man.. maybe in his late 50's... nice guy too.. he told me, that hes a lexus FANATIC.. he told me he had 2 turbo supras.. one is a 94 twin turbo stock, and the other is a 95 Single T78 turbo. He told me he wanted my IS, because of the color, MINT showroom condition and the wheels... he wanted to buy it, so he could give it to his grandson whos 17 yrs. old... That right there tells me, NO NO NO, cause i dont want the next owner of my car to be a little kid whos starting to drive.. but, if i do sell her in next year or 2 or 3 or 4. my next vehicle will be a IS350 or ISF or Turbo Ford Lightning.
Old 08-21-09, 01:46 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

My vote is for the IS-F!!
Old 08-21-09, 02:37 PM
kanderson
Driver

Originally Posted by LexusGSXR
thanks everyone... yea, i got offered 20g. the reason i said no.. because, its my baby and i have long plans for her... this is my favorite color IS too.. GGP 4 the win!

when i bought this car a long time ago, like back in 2006.. there was something wrong with the motor from the previous owner who abused it... the #6 rod was loose and went thru the block when i was just cruising at 70mph on cruise control 2 months ago, a new motor got put in for free from lexus... motor is strong as **** and it runs like butter and brand new... i broke the new motor in about a month ago.. She's just perfect all around now, after i had to detail the paint to get blemishes and swirls, scratches, and wet sand the spots a little and buff out.. the previous owner never took good care of her... i had to do it all over again, and thats why i love her and she loves me.. LOL!!!!

Turbo, bodykits, lowering, front lip, upgrade suspension stuff will be in her furture too. ;o)

Thanks everyone
Thanks for the info! Sad people don't take better care of the IS's. I see alot of the first gen's all ragged out.....
Old 08-21-09, 03:29 PM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

yea.. When u take care of ur vehicle and clean it and do the maintaince when the miles comes.. it'll last alot longer in the future for ya...

ive seen alot of IS300 around here look like ****, even the IS250/350 do too.. i saw a IS350 2009 brand new.. already has dent in it, paint already swirled and faded, scratches all over.. i was shocked.. i was like thats *****ed up. people now and days dont care for there vehicles at all.. even brand new too.

i saw an ISF the other day looking immaculate from far away, but when i got up close.. "HOLY, MOLY" someone look like they took a towel and try to wipe it off, while the car was frickin dirty from rain... WTF? dont know how to wash the car first?LOL kinda weird... I was talking to the ISF car and i said "I wish u were in my hands, i wouldnt have u looking like that"..lol

*I admit, I talk to my car and bike sometime.. i know im weird.. my girlfriend said im weird sometimes... i dont think im weird.. i am just myself.. lol

I know i am not the only one that talk to my car... !

I like ur SC man... it is very nice... u keep it looking nice too!

Quick Reply: new pics. tinted sidemarkers.