IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

IS300 colors and options

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-03, 04:29 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Reply to XaltezZax

Well, you can always drop by the Earl Scheib or the "Uh-Oh..get Maaco" shops (Just kidding).
Seriously, I agree with you...I think it was a mistake for Lexus to drop this color. In fact, I think they should have offered it on the GS and SC models, too. But you and I are not marketers, and as Flipside pointed out a few weeks ago, the fact is, this color just did not sell well, in spite of the fact that you and I like it. Another attractive IS300 color that did not sell well was the auburn sky metallic...a burnt-red-orange color...and it was dropped too. Most of the IS300's in my area are painted darker colors...dark green, dark blue, and black. Apparantly it was costing Lexus more to keep the paint robots filled with the yellow paint than they were getting back from sales. I have a yellow IS myself....and , you bet,...I'm not about to sell it.
If you can't get the yellow any more, consider the bright red. That is the same color (Absolutely Red), that is sold on some other Toyota products, notably the Celica, Solara, and MR2.
Good luck.
Old 12-15-03, 06:02 AM
darden
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, yellow is a nice color. there aren't that many Lexus in my town, i have not seen a IS300 yet here. however, i do see a yellow Audi wagon around lots. the owner of the yellow audi seems to be following me around town or vice versa.

anyway, yeah, yellow looks really sharp.

for the longest time, i have always thought yellow should only be used on exotic cars such as ferraris and such. after i saw the yellow audi, i changed my mind. yellow looks great!

i think they should bring them back too. currently there are just way too many silver cars out there for all brands. imho, i think the fad of silver is on its way out or at least it should be.
Old 12-15-03, 08:29 PM
XaLtezZaX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me yellow is soo unique!!! Imagin yourself driving on the road and you see all these normal cars you see everyday and then bam all of a sudden what do you something yellow don't that yellow catch your attention.... I know it does because that made me want an IS even more!!!
Well i dont' know i just think yellow is unique and it just blends out from any ordinary car on the road!!! In my opinion really!