Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

2023 NX350h Wireless Charger

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-23, 05:10 PM
littleneil
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2023 NX350h Wireless Charger

Does the 2023 NXh come standard with a wireless phone charger. or must you purchase the Lexus Digital Key options to get a charger??
Old 01-14-23, 06:22 AM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by littleneil
Does the 2023 NXh come standard with a wireless phone charger. or must you purchase the Lexus Digital Key options to get a charger??
It is not standard. It is bundled with one or more options groups. It also does not work with the iPhone 14 or many other phones that have a deep camera bump.
Old 01-14-23, 09:16 AM
blueless
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts
Question updated wireless charger

See the big thread on wireless charging. It appears that the wireless charger was updated.

A unicorn here: I took delivery last month and have no issues charging my iPhone 14 pro max. It also seems like there is some sort of grip on the charging pad that does not allow it to move while driving. I use a clear thin Totallee case on my phone. Perhaps changes are slowly being made on the newly manufactured cars. Not sure how true it is, but I saw in an NX Facebook group that someone from the Atlanta area was told there is an upgrade available for the charging pad and they took their car to a local dealership (Hennessy Atlanta) for install. Apparently, there’s a part that needs to be replaced (#: 861C0- F6010). Maybe inquire to see the legitimacy of this statement.

Originally Posted by nxbacon
Interesting, according to the parts site, the part you mentioned does show it replaced part 861C0-78030 which is also wireless charger assembly for 2022 NX. See https://parts.lexus.com/p/105971142/861C078030.html
I wonder if you can tell the old and new parts apart by looking at them. I do want to make sure my NX has the updated one. Anyone want to take closeup pictures to compare?

Thanks to that facebook thread - I went to my dealership and they replaced my Wireless charging pad (450h+ 2/2022) with the updated model (861C0-F6010) and so far it has been working for me with my iPhone 12 Pro with a Apple MagSafe case on. It certainly is not the fastest charging, but at least it charges... it will occasionally report it had stopped, but will then start right back up on it's own.

The following 2 users liked this post by blueless:
compdr59 (04-19-23), hintonwood (01-15-23)
Old 01-16-23, 05:02 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Has anyone with the older wireless charger asked Lexus to update it to the new and improved one?
Old 01-16-23, 05:44 PM
tiLLIKS
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
Has anyone with the older wireless charger asked Lexus to update it to the new and improved one?
There's a new and improved wireless charger?
Old 01-16-23, 06:06 PM
ptung07
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
I have a 2022 NX 450h+ picked up in June 2022. I have been having trouble with my iPhone 12 Pro Max in the Apple MagSafe case with the wireless charger. (stops charging in 30-40 seconds) During the 5k check up, I mentioned to them about the problem and the "new" part number described above. However they couldn't reproduce the problem with their phones. (note: none of their phones were in a case) When I came back to pickup the car to reproduce the problem they instructed me to take the phone out of the case or find a case without the "MagSafe" part because my phone did charge without the case.
Since the visit, my iPhone charges but stops every few minutes instead of seconds without the case. I contacted the dealership again with these forum posts and my service advisor talked to the service manager. They finally agreed to replace the charger with the "new' part number. The part is on order and they will contact me when it is ready to be replaced. I will keep you updated!
The following 2 users liked this post by ptung07:
hintonwood (01-17-23), redhot47fl (01-16-23)
Old 01-16-23, 06:11 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks. I will ask them to swap out my charger when I bring the car in for its one year service in March.
Old 01-16-23, 07:25 PM
tiLLIKS
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ptung07
I have a 2022 NX 450h+ picked up in June 2022. I have been having trouble with my iPhone 12 Pro Max in the Apple MagSafe case with the wireless charger. (stops charging in 30-40 seconds) During the 5k check up, I mentioned to them about the problem and the "new" part number described above. However they couldn't reproduce the problem with their phones. (note: none of their phones were in a case) When I came back to pickup the car to reproduce the problem they instructed me to take the phone out of the case or find a case without the "MagSafe" part because my phone did charge without the case.
Since the visit, my iPhone charges but stops every few minutes instead of seconds without the case. I contacted the dealership again with these forum posts and my service advisor talked to the service manager. They finally agreed to replace the charger with the "new' part number. The part is on order and they will contact me when it is ready to be replaced. I will keep you updated!

so are the new 23 models coming with up the updated charger? Mine is coming in about a week or so
Old 01-18-23, 06:44 AM
reereeyyz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2023 model which was picked up in November and the problem persists. I can't get a charge - even with case removed (it's the camera bump - common to new phones). I asked about the replacement part and was told that this wont address the problem. Toyota/Lexus is aware of the problem since the beginning of 2022 but have not put out a fix.
Old 01-31-23, 03:12 AM
2022NX350
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ptung07
Did you ever get the new style phone charger installed and did it take care of your problem?
Old 01-31-23, 06:20 AM
jgrnt1
Rookie

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

When I took my 2022 350h in for it's 5K checkup, I mentioned the wireless charging issues. In addition to not charging reliably, it had begun making little noises every time it tried to reconnect to the phone. The dealer replaced the charger with the updated part. The noises went away, but the charging issues did not. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max with a thin leather MagSafe case. I gave up and installed a MagSafe charger on a mount.
Old 01-31-23, 12:02 PM
ptung07
Driver

Originally Posted by 2022NX350
Did you ever get the new style phone charger installed and did it take care of your problem?
Hey sorry no I haven’t had a chance for the charger to be replaced yet. It has arrived but will be installed later in February. Will post back results
Old 02-24-23, 09:11 AM
ptung07
Driver

Just dropped my vehicle in for service today with the new charger part number. I will post updates when it is done...
Something interesting...I got a 2023 ES F sport loaner with the new multimedia interface and wireless charger. It charges my iPhone 12 Pro Max with MagSafe case just fine...I hope the new charger fixes my NX!
Old 02-24-23, 12:12 PM
OPorz
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I have an iPhone 14 Pro with the extended camera bump and a mag safe case so I really didn't expect any Qi charger to work. But then I rented a Kia a few weeks ago and it had an awesome Qi charger that charged my phone with the case on perfectly. So, I decided to check with my dealer about this new part (861C0F6010) and showed them how the existing 2022 NX350H charger didn't work. They ordered the part, replaced it for me under warranty and although it's only been a day, it is clearly charging my 14Pro now. This flaw appears to be fixed.
Old 02-24-23, 02:09 PM
azieba
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Updated Wireless Charger

So I have a 23 F-Sport with the new charger. The new charger does seem to work better. My NX was built at the end of January and delivered 3 weeks ago. I have an IPhone 14 with the official leather MagSafe case from Apple and it works well. I have now gone on at least seven 1 hr drives and can confirm it functions as expected.

Quick Reply: 2023 NX350h Wireless Charger