Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

Help Needed. Does this rim fit NX350H?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-22, 05:22 PM
leepeter
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Help Needed. Does this rim fit NX350H?

Costco tire center is so unprofessional. I bought 18-inch winter tire rims from Costco. I went to the local Costco tire center four times, now I have to return the rims because they cannot fit the car.
1. The first time: one guy told me the rims fit NX350H
2. The second time: I booked the appointment to install the winter tires. The supervisor told me the rims fit but I need to get some conical lug bolts M14 * 1.5.
3. The third time: I got the bolts and went to check with the tire center. They told me it is all good and I can book another appointment
3. The fourth time: I got the bolts and booked another appointment. This time they told me the rims holes do not fit the car stud, so I have to return the rims.

This week I checked with several GTA Lexus dealerships. They all told me the 18-inch rims have sold out.

Today, I went to a tire store and they told me the rims below are the only ones left that can directly fit my car. And they have to ship them from Calgary. I have paid the deposit and wait for the rims to arrive next week. Does anyone know whether this rim fits NX350H? Thanks.

Last edited by leepeter; 11-25-22 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-23-22, 05:30 PM
Dino2K
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Man sorry to hear you had to go through all that trouble, don’t quote me but reading the specs that you posted seems to fit. I’m just not sure if you can use the OEM lug bolts or an aftermarket set for these wheels though. Did you ask them if you have to use hub rings or different set of lug bolts? Doesn’t hurt to ask and it depends if you want to go that route or not!!
Old 11-23-22, 05:55 PM
leepeter
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dino2K
Man sorry to hear you had to go through all that trouble, don’t quote me but reading the specs that you posted seems to fit. I’m just not sure if you can use the OEM lug bolts or an aftermarket set for these wheels though. Did you ask them if you have to use hub rings or different set of lug bolts? Doesn’t hurt to ask and it depends if you want to go that route or not!!
Yes. Today I asked the tire shop. I was told it is a direct fit. No hub ring is needed, and I can use the original lug bolts. But it seems that this is a new car, and many people are not familiar with it.

The rim below is what I got from Costco. These two look the same. I am not sure what causes the nonfit.

Old 11-23-22, 06:05 PM
Dino2K
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by leepeter
Yes. Today I asked the tire shop. I was told it is a direct fit. No hub ring is needed, and I can use the original lug bolts. But it seems that this is a new car, and many people are not familiar with it.

The rim below is what I got from Costco. These two look the same. I am not sure what causes the nonfit.

The wheels from Costco hub bore are different because it has a 73.1mm dia which is way too large for the NX, I’m not sure if the seat of the conical bolt are the same as the radius version though.
Old 11-23-22, 06:13 PM
leepeter
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dino2K
The wheels from Costco hub bore are different because it has a 73.1mm dia which is way too large for the NX, I’m not sure if the seat of the conical bolt are the same as the radius version though.
Yes. Costco does provide a hub ring for it.

I am also not sure about the bolt seat
Old 11-24-22, 08:27 PM
dc88
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by leepeter
Yes. Costco does provide a hub ring for it.

I am also not sure about the bolt seat

Hey, the wheel spec show they are a Conical seat. The stock OEM lugs are a "Ball seat". You have to get new lugs if you go with these.

Last edited by dc88; 11-25-22 at 11:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Dino2K (11-25-22)
Old 11-25-22, 06:48 AM
leepeter
Rookie

Originally Posted by dc88
Hey, the wheel spec show they are a Conical seat. The stock OEM lugs are a "Ball seat". You have to get new lugs for you go with these wheels.
Yes. That is what the Costco tire center told me before. I got a set of conical lug bolts, but the rims still cannot fit NX350H. I was told that the 5 holes on the rim do not match the stud. From my understanding, 5 * 114.3 determines the bolt pattern. I have returned the rims bought from Costco tire center.

I have ordered another set of rims from a local tire store. The only differences are that it is ball seat and hub centric. I am not sure whether it can fit 350H. Have to wait until next week.

Old 03-07-24, 08:22 AM
gamma742
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Are the stock wheels hub centric?
Old 03-07-24, 10:56 AM
bt10
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Technically no, because you have ball or conical lugs. They fit close so it's easier to assemble. Only old fashioned Cragars and such have flat lugs, sometimes with washers. This is why most people don't bother with hub rings, and they are not technically needed. Both the conical seats and the face clamping pressure holds more than enough for any situation, including larger trucks, motorsports, etc. They are included for people that don't understand as a courtesy and sales point for them. Someone will be along shortly to disagree.

Last edited by bt10; 03-07-24 at 11:02 AM.