Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.
View Poll Results: Which headlight do you have ?
Non LED
55.88%
LED
38.24%
LED Strip with LED
5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

RX450H headlights, which one do you have ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-14, 11:52 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Droid13
I actually have reversed my view and dislike them when I see car's with their turn indicators on and the 1 side strip turns off. Functional, but dumb looking.
Ditto! I was looking into an Audi, and that's one of the features I would get rid off. Luckily, the turn signal "wink" can be easily turned off through a secret menu.
Old 07-30-14, 03:48 PM
Super Blue
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hrmnd, I'm over in Toronto, and initially when I decided on getting a RX, I decided to go big, and go all out.

The Ultra Premiums 1 or 2 don't last very long in dealerships. When I got mine I was checking auto trader multiple times a day and expanded my search area to within 300 kms. On one occasion between the time I saw it get posted on Autotrader to the time I drove to the dealership, someone was already signing the deal for it, and I had just checked Autotrader 45 minutes earlier.

If you want the ultra premium, I would suggest check multiple times a day, and also refine your search with the keywords "hybrid" and "ultra" for the quickest results.

Here is what's popping up for your neck of the woods right now, province wide.
Autotrader
Old 07-31-14, 11:44 AM
hhss
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for sharing all your input.

It seems like most people are on the same boat as me. I will definitely wait for the right one, lets hope I have some better luck though in the next few months.
Old 08-18-14, 03:22 AM
Andersaa
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

First of all - I'm situated in Norway, Europe - I suppose this Forum isn't US only?
Next - I have to say, most embarrassed, that I don't know what headlights I have. I bought the car used from the Lexus dealer. Please help me out here! I have asked my Lexus seller twice, and I have asked at my Toyota/Lexus workshop. The answere I keep getting is - HID's. I really doubt that. Mine 2011 RX450h (Executive package) have headlights looking excactly like picure nr 2 by thread starter. Inner one bulb is Halogen HiBeams, Next two projectors are LowBeams and the Outer projector is turn signal. The Low beams have AFS, and they make an sideways and up and down movement when powering up. Since my car is sold in Europe, Its probably buildt in Japan.

Its wery strange that my dealer tell me they are HID's - based on the information in this thread.
Anyone tell me what lowbeams I have? How to determine, other than by design?

Last edited by Andersaa; 08-18-14 at 04:14 AM. Reason: spelling an clarifying
Old 11-09-14, 09:06 AM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our just acquired yesterday, 2015 450h has the HID/LED lights that adjust themselves automatically. It's crazy watching them go up and down on the garage wall.

Last edited by SeventyGTX; 11-09-14 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-09-14, 10:35 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Your voting poll didn't allow for other options so I'll just say I have the HID's that swivel. I absolutely love them and the reason I haven't traded up yet is I'm still waiting for Lexus to wake up to the fact that they fixed what wasn't broke. My new Corvette has the HID's (they don't swivel) and I love them on it too. The contrast and level of illumination is better than anything I've driven at night before. I did drive a loaner RX home one night with the LED's and liked them but the HID's IMO are better. I'll allow I do like the 'high tech' of the LED's.
I have to vote with Jim. I had the swivel HID's on my 2010 and loved them. Big let down on the 2013.
Old 11-09-14, 04:23 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Not being in Europe and not seeing your car I can only make an educated guess based on your description of the inner high beam bulb being 'halogon'. Unless I'm mistaken the other projector lamps would be the low beam LED's. I'm sure Anita or someone here in the States that have the LED's can jump in here to validate or call me wrong. But different country's and different years (even here in the US) have mandated changes. Like elimination of the whole AFS (swiveling lamps when you turn) package that is still offered in some of the competition.
Originally Posted by Andersaa
First of all - I'm situated in Norway, Europe - I suppose this Forum isn't US only?
Next - I have to say, most embarrassed, that I don't know what headlights I have. I bought the car used from the Lexus dealer. Please help me out here! I have asked my Lexus seller twice, and I have asked at my Toyota/Lexus workshop. The answere I keep getting is - HID's. I really doubt that. Mine 2011 RX450h (Executive package) have headlights looking excactly like picure nr 2 by thread starter. Inner one bulb is Halogen HiBeams, Next two projectors are LowBeams and the Outer projector is turn signal. The Low beams have AFS, and they make an sideways and up and down movement when powering up. Since my car is sold in Europe, Its probably buildt in Japan.

Its wery strange that my dealer tell me they are HID's - based on the information in this thread.
Anyone tell me what lowbeams I have? How to determine, other than by design?
Old 11-10-14, 06:50 AM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

Speaking of Europe and headlights, I saw this one in the picture thread. What headlights are these on this F-Sport? I have never seen these before, but then again, I am a noob to these cars....

Old 11-10-14, 07:03 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are LED headlamps
Old 11-10-14, 08:09 AM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mors
Those are LED headlamps
Thanks. Were those available in the US? Like I said, I don't recall ever seeing them.
Old 11-10-14, 11:10 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

SeventyGTX, LED headlights are available on the 450h but not the 350. They were part of the luxury package and also as an option. Somewhere along the way I guess Lexus dropped it from the luxury package in favor of making it an option only. Still, like I said before, I've only seen three RXhs with LED headlights in almost five years.

Now you won't see anything like the white RXh in your earlier post in the US. Lexus doesn't sell the F-Sport 450h here for some reason.
Old 11-10-14, 08:38 PM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

Originally Posted by kitlz
SeventyGTX, LED headlights are available on the 450h but not the 350. They were part of the luxury package and also as an option. Somewhere along the way I guess Lexus dropped it from the luxury package in favor of making it an option only. Still, like I said before, I've only seen three RXhs with LED headlights in almost five years.

Now you won't see anything like the white RXh in your earlier post in the US. Lexus doesn't sell the F-Sport 450h here for some reason.
Thanks for the informative as usual input Anita. I imagine they don't the sell the F-Sport 450h's here for the same reason you can't get the Sport Appearance Package on an AWD 350 here, only FWD. Although it makes no sense to me.
Old 11-11-14, 03:32 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

SeventyGTX, I'm not as familiar with the Sport Appearance Package. I've only seen it once on a pre-spindle grill RX at the dealer a few years back. Don't know if it was FWD or AWD. I thought I had taken pictures, guess not. And not to be confused with the Sport Package available only in 2010 on both the 350 and 450h. The suspension is similar to the F-Sport and my favorite, no wood steering wheel and gear shift. It's the next best thing
Old 11-12-14, 06:58 AM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

I got real intimate with the Sport Appearance Package in our search for a 350/450. My wife wanted a Lexus, and I wanted it with the F-Sport bumper and we both wanted AWD because of ice and snow here in the high desert. My wife didn't want black interior otherwise we would have got an F-Sport which is only available with black or black/red interior.

So, the next option was the Sport Appearance Package. I combed the internet on the west coast and found very few with the SAP. The ones I did find were all FWD. My dealer told me the only way to get the SAP with AWD was the 450h. I called Lexus Corporate and they confirmed what my dealer had told me. It makes absolutely no sense why you cannot get the SAP in AWD with the 350 when the F-Sport is ONLY availalble in AWD, but that's the way it is and why we ended up ordering our 450h. We are certain we made the right choice.

Last edited by SeventyGTX; 11-12-14 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-12-14, 07:40 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SeventyGTX:
I really liked the looks of the sport bumper as well. That's the only thing I wish I would have changed. I have LED headlights and could not get the sport bumper. After all the questions, ordering a 2014, ordering a 2015, and all the searching/researching I did...I wonder if I ever thought about going down to HID to get the sport bumper. Oh well, I really like the LED headlights so it's not a huge regret.
Congrats on getting what you and your wife wanted.

Quick Reply: RX450H headlights, which one do you have ?