Battery Dies Too Quickly - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Battery Dies Too Quickly

Old 04-28-14, 11:54 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Default Battery Dies Too Quickly

I have an RX400h and the auxiliary battery dies after a couple days. Last time I went out of town I came back a week later to a dead battery. Went to Lexus and they replaced it. That was about 2 months ago. This weekend I went to Phoenix for 4 days and came back to a dead battery again.

Anyone have any ideas? A better battery? Maybe a retrofit for a regular size car battery?
Old 04-28-14, 12:15 PM
maseace
Pole Position

Try the Costco battery that fits the RX400h. It's about $70 and has a 100 month warranty. I've had mine for 3 years now.

Mine will discharge if I let it sit for about 2 weeks, especially in cold weather.
Old 07-02-14, 11:10 AM
Mmagic76
Driver School Candidate

We can leave ours in the winter time for 1.5 weeks with no issues. Always parked inside the garage (non-heated but insulated).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Battery Dies Too Quickly

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: