Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

How to get IPM recall repairs done on my 2008 RX400H in Toronto Canada Area

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-14, 11:49 PM
mian
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink How to get IPM recall repairs done on my 2008 RX400H in Toronto Canada Area

I would appreciate help in how to go about getting the above repairs done on my 2008 RX400H in Toronto Canada area. I have a US vehicle bought in Canada. How do I register the vehicle with Lexus Canada or Do I have to go to US to have these repairs done.
1 -How long does the repair take.
2 - Would love to hear from someone who had recently had these repirs done in this area and which dealer they used.
3- Are there any subsequent problems I should be aware of.
I am extremely new to Lexus Procedures etc.
4- I have gotten most of my minor repairs done recently at Toyota Dealerships instead of Lexus Dealers.
I hope you all would forgive me if I have asked a trivial question for some of you very knowledgeable people.
Would love to hear from Thomas1 and myw who graciously replied to my previous posts regarding water pump and warranty repairs. They were both very helpfull.

Thank you for all your assistance.
Old 02-25-14, 04:46 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

I would like to say I have the IPM repair done, but my local Lexus dealership cancelled my appointment due to lack of the required IPM boards. I am thinking they are taking the old boards and having them remanufactured and that is causing the holdup. (my thought only). The Scheduled repair was to take one day. There are threads of folks supposedly having problems after the repair, but some of it is probably due to the ISC not being reset and their fuel economy went down. Time will tell, but my local dealership said to wait for a call from them when the parts is available.
Old 02-25-14, 07:02 AM
myw
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

While I could be wrong but is not warranty under all of North America? If the ipm boards are currently "out of stock" it's not all that surprising as it is quite a few number of cars being recalled. Provided your car has all service records fully documented by independent mechanics (in your case Toyota dealerships) your warranty (if still applicable) should be fine.

edit - mian, why not just ask your toyota dealership if they can do the warranty if you have already a relationship with them; if not i would get them to ask which lexus dealership they recommend and move forward from there. also mian, i take it you did not get the warranty recall notice in the mail?

Last edited by myw; 02-25-14 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-25-14, 05:09 PM
mian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by thomas1
I would like to say I have the IPM repair done, but my local Lexus dealership cancelled my appointment due to lack of the required IPM boards. I am thinking they are taking the old boards and having them remanufactured and that is causing the holdup. (my thought only). The Scheduled repair was to take one day. There are threads of folks supposedly having problems after the repair, but some of it is probably due to the ISC not being reset and their fuel economy went down. Time will tell, but my local dealership said to wait for a call from them when the parts is available.
Thank you for your prompt attention to my request. I was under the impression that you had your repairs done by now. I was probably reading comments of other people and thought that most people would have this done by now and I might be one of the last person to be looking to have the repairs done under this recall. What is ISC by the way? So it seems I should not worry.
I will try to register my VIN with Lexus Canada first. Surprising to see no equivalent method of registering my vehicle with Lexus Canada whereas US residents can register their vehicles online,all you need is to the link below and register
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...on/register.do
but their is no such method available for registering your vehicle in Canada. Thanks.
Old 02-25-14, 07:18 PM
mian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by myw
While I could be wrong but is not warranty under all of North America? If the ipm boards are currently "out of stock" it's not all that surprising as it is quite a few number of cars being recalled. Provided your car has all service records fully documented by independent mechanics (in your case Toyota dealerships) your warranty (if still applicable) should be fine.

edit - mian, why not just ask your toyota dealership if they can do the warranty if you have already a relationship with them; if not i would get them to ask which lexus dealership they recommend and move forward from there. also mian, i take it you did not get the warranty recall notice in the mail?
I would have thought that for Lexus to have same Warranties for North America would have made a lot of sense. But perhaps the dealer compensation is not the same across the Board so perhaps that is the reason for separate registration of owner systems in the two countries. In addition Warranty repairs on Lexus cars can only be performed by Lexus dealers not Toyota Dealers. I know that because when I had to have my Water pump repairs done on my RX 400 H I had to go to a Lexus Dealer for warranty work.
Anyhow thank you for your reply and I will keep in touch with the forum to see how fast IPM module repairs arrive in Canada. It appears that some US customers are lucky they are having their repairs done early and are having loaner cars and / or tank full of gas as goodwill gesture from Lexus dealers/and or from Toyota Corporation!