Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Buying an RX 400h. Please advise

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-14, 08:31 AM
Panoptic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying an RX 400h. Please advise

Hello,

I am looking at buying a 2008 RX 400h with 80k miles (130k kms). The paint, exterior and the interior look mint. It has the "Ultra Premium" package.

The seller is the bigger Lexus stealership in my city. I have asked them to replace the timing belt as a part of the deal. The vehicle was purchased and always serviced there and the records are available. It is collision free based on the carfax report.

The paint on two of the rims is flaking off and they have offered to replace the rims. I have to make sure the new wheels are not the 17" base model's.

I have left a refundable deposit and will go today to see it again and finalize the deal. Is there anything in particular that I should watch out for? Is the hybrid RX even recommended? I will appreciate your suggestions and look forward to contributing to this forum in the future.
Old 01-15-14, 12:49 PM
maseace
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a great car if you can get a good deal! Make sure the recall has been performed on the inverter IPM (intelligent power module inspection/replacement). Check for any pink coolant seepage/crustiness under the hood, and for moisture in the headlights. The RX hybrid is an excellent vehicle - just don't expect to get 30 mpg all the time or you will be disappointed. Expect to get 21-28 mpg depending on the climate.
Old 01-20-14, 08:16 PM
myw
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

at 130 km make sure in the service history that

- pads/rotors have been changed once
- transfercase fluid flushed
- brake fluid flushed
- inverter coolant flushed

- timing belt/water pump changed.

will there be any warranty on this car? may i ask which dealership? lexus dvn or downtown?

good luck!

Originally Posted by Panoptic
Hello,

I am looking at buying a 2008 RX 400h with 80k miles (130k kms). The paint, exterior and the interior look mint. It has the "Ultra Premium" package.

The seller is the bigger Lexus stealership in my city. I have asked them to replace the timing belt as a part of the deal. The vehicle was purchased and always serviced there and the records are available. It is collision free based on the carfax report.

The paint on two of the rims is flaking off and they have offered to replace the rims. I have to make sure the new wheels are not the 17" base model's.

I have left a refundable deposit and will go today to see it again and finalize the deal. Is there anything in particular that I should watch out for? Is the hybrid RX even recommended? I will appreciate your suggestions and look forward to contributing to this forum in the future.