Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

EV switch mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-13, 06:43 AM
CRD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EV switch mod

I'm looking to add a Prius EV switch to my RX400h. I did some research and learned that euro 400h come with the switch and the software is there, it's just disabled in the USA versions. I found a site that sells the switch and wiring, just need to learn how it attaches to the computer. Anyone done this? Seems like there is not much information available.

One of the reasons I bought my 400h is to maximize the hybrid potential. Once I get this mod done I'd consider purchasing a larger battery down the road.

Here is a link to the switch
http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/jdm/prius/nhw20_int.php
Attached Thumbnails EV switch mod-int-evswitch2.jpg  
Old 11-04-13, 06:52 AM
Weighit
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Please explain the purpose of the switch and exactly what it will accomplish for us that have no clue.
Old 11-04-13, 07:07 AM
CRD
Driver School Candidate

EV (electric vehicle) mode greatly amplifies the thrill of regular “stealth mode”, with greater power and speeds up to 34 mph with the electric motor only, and it eliminates the anxiety of making minute trips (for street cleaning, e.g.) in the seven seconds before the ICE turns on. You will also know the hunger for longer EV performance, and therefore bigger battery capacity, of the plug-in hybrid community

Check this link also
http://www.eaa-phev.org/wiki/Prius_EV_Mode
Old 11-04-13, 01:01 PM
maseace
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck with that - I've been trying to get EV button installation info for 3 years with no luck. I kept the EV button mod kit that I had installed when I owned a Prius. It hooks up to wires that don't exist in the 400h. If someone can identify the wires in the 400h to hook up the kit, please share!
Old 11-04-13, 06:24 PM
spacecraft
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would also be very interested, but I'm afraid that whoever said that EU models came with the EV switch is plain wrong.
Not only my own EU 2008 doesn't have the switch, but I've seen many other EU models, and none of them had the EV switch.
Glad to help if you think that any EU-specific detail might help, anyway. Just ask.
Old 11-06-13, 11:45 AM
CRD
Driver School Candidate

Just ordered the switch. It also comes with wiring harness and connectors. Still researching on how to make the connections. Will kept you guys updated.
Old 07-04-14, 05:58 PM
Syneco
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CRD
Just ordered the switch. It also comes with wiring harness and connectors. Still researching on how to make the connections. Will kept you guys updated.
Did you solve where to install the EV mode switch?
Old 10-17-21, 05:13 PM
Lxgreen1
Driver School Candidate

Default Any update on this thread?

Any update on this thread? Or isit gone like the Mary Celeste

Originally Posted by Syneco
Did you solve where to install the EV mode switch?