Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Need help with hybrid Trip Info screens

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-13, 12:24 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

This is copied from one of my posts to another thread that had a similar issue....My advice....There is no good that can come from that menu. Fix the problem and forget that menu exists.

I don't know if you guys ever figured out a solution to this. But I did the same thing and fixed it in just a few minutes.

First i went through all the buttons on the dash board to figure out which one was now the "Info" button. On mine it ended up being the "Winshield Defroster" button. I then held down the "Windshield Defroster" button and did the headlight trick to get into the service menu.

Once I was there the touch screen was messed up in that it was inverted. If I wanted to press a button in the top left corner of the screen I would have to press the bottom right corner of the screen to access that button. Once I figured out that trick I was able to press the section of the screen that corresponded to the button I wanted to press.

So now that I knew how to get into the service menus and where to touch the screen I went in to change the model type back.

I accessed the first level of the service menu and then went to the second level. I changed the vehicle type until it said "900N4WD" (you will want to do "900N2WD" if you have the 2WD RX Hybrid) then I pressed set and exited the menu.

All the buttons went back to normal and I vowed to never go into that menu again.