Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Hybrid decal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 11:10 AM
neel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hybrid decal?

The new/07 rx400h models have the "Hybrid" decal on both sides.
Anyone know where to get them or have them added for the 06 models?

TIA
Old 07-16-07, 03:24 PM
gokatgo
Driver School Candidate

Default hybrid logo

Neel
I actually wrote to Lexus asking them the same question; I pretty much got an automated response to contact the parts department.

The 07's have the word "Hybrid" on the side panels and I have thought of ordering those for my 06 - $$$? Funny, on the Lexus website, showing the Hybrid 07's, the "Hybrid" trim is missing. Are they using old photos? Any one from Lexus out there?

I would love to add a "Lexus Hybrid Drive" plaque to my 06.
To tide me over, I have ordered some various hybrid stickers from cafepress.com.
My favorite being "NiHMrod."
Let me know if you find anything.
Best,
Gokatgo
Old 07-16-07, 11:20 PM
silvervett
Lead Lap

I may get in trouble for saying this but I would rather not have big hybrid stickers on my car. I love the hybrid but some people consider hybrid drivers to be a little weird. So I am just happy to enjoy the car without advertising the fact.

This is a little off topic but I do find it odd that there is nothing to identify the fact that a car is an AWH, They have the same markings as the FWD

PS when I was younger we would customize our cars by removing all the chrome, emblems and name brand names I still like the clean look of a car without stickers. Nosed and decked was the term. To this day I still like the clean look of little or no chrome and car marker emblems I feel that sometimes less is more

Last edited by silvervett; 07-16-07 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-17-07, 09:53 AM
MadloR
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I informed myself of the passenger door hybrid emblem (it's not a decal, but an actual chrome lettering).

It is very expensive. The emblem is part of the door protector trim and is ordered in the prepainted colour. That part isn't so bad, really... the part that made me go "oof" is that you need to remove the rear door panels in order to disassemble the trim piece from the door panel. And THAT, wasn't something I wanted for obvious reasons... trim rattle, clip breakage, door plastic seal etc...

Cheers,

MadloR
Old 07-24-07, 10:43 PM
gokatgo
Driver School Candidate

silvervett
being a hybrid driver in my town is actually a plus! but then again, our motto is: "keep austin weird."
thanks for the laugh!
gokatgo
(a recycling, non-hippy, big car loving, professional, enviro-friendly, non-vegan, 3 car owner, weird in my own way, hybrid driver)
Attached Thumbnails Hybrid decal?-nihmrod.jpg  

Last edited by gokatgo; 07-27-07 at 05:10 PM. Reason: photo
Old 07-28-07, 06:05 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

When I bought my 2006 pre-owned RX400h I asked about the Hybrid badging on the rear door molding. The sales associate and I both looked at the 2007 and realized that the molding is flattened out where it says HYBRID He said that you would have to order the molding and install it then what if the colour does not match exactly. I will live without till I can find an Excellent HYBRID lettering for the rear window. You know let's keep people wondering how we get 26+ MPG on an SUV. HIHI
Old 07-28-07, 06:13 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All new RX 400h's come with the side "HYBRID" badges so any pics showing w/o it are outdated.

And yes, the molding has a outlined spot where the hybrid badge is placed, so it might be more secure that way.

I saw a "Lexus Hybrid Drive" sticker for the rear windshield, forgot whether that's a GSh or RXh sticker, but it is surely loud and clear.
Old 07-30-07, 10:18 AM
neel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MadloR
I informed myself of the passenger door hybrid emblem (it's not a decal, but an actual chrome lettering).

It is very expensive. The emblem is part of the door protector trim and is ordered in the prepainted colour. That part isn't so bad, really... the part that made me go "oof" is that you need to remove the rear door panels in order to disassemble the trim piece from the door panel. And THAT, wasn't something I wanted for obvious reasons... trim rattle, clip breakage, door plastic seal etc...

Cheers,

MadloR
Thanks Madlor - you are correct. I meant the side door panel emblems and not a "decal"

I shall also look for a good "decal" for the rear hatch window down the road. The "Lexus Hybrid Drive" sound nice.

However my aim was to get those two emblems onto the side doors. Since the '07 trim piece seems to be the hard (and expensive) way to go, I'm looking for the second best alternative and I think I have found something that can work --- will update later this week
Old 07-30-07, 10:15 PM
silvervett
Lead Lap

I had something non-car related happen to me that brought me back to this thread. Basically a person that owns a car is free to do what ever they want to it but I personally don't get the whole sticker / emblem thing. As I mentioned before when I was younger I would always make it a point to take off the chrome and emblems for a clean look. It just so happens that I am looking for a new house in SC, and I drove out to Anderson SC from LI NY 11:30 PM last Monday (7/23/07) night (the RX400H got as high as 30 MPG and as low as 26 MPG, and this was pushing it between 60 MPH to 70 MPH) and got there 3:30 PM Tuesday. The builder left off all the handles on all the kitchen cabinets so that the new owner could pick out the style he wanted.
I guess he was pleasantly surprised when he was informed that he wouldn’t have to buy new handles nor take the time to install them because I opted to not have the drawers and doors ruined by having handles on them. My preference for the clean look is the same when it comes to kitchen cabinets and cars.
I just can’t believe that I am the only one that feels this way. Are there other people out there that would rather not have stickers and emblems on their cars? Am I alone in my feelings that putting stickers on cars take away form the look of the car?
I think that even if there wasn’t a perception by some people the hybrid owners are a bit odd (not my feelings) I still think that it would look better without it.
By the way I did bring up this suggestion in another car forum. There are companies that will make a license plate holder to have anything you want on it. Maybe if you get a few people together you can get something with hybrid on it written into the border of the frame. The more people that get together the less it will cost per unit.
The bottom line is do whatever makes you happy and iof it pleases you to put a hundred hybrid stickers on your car go for it and enjoy it.
Old 07-31-07, 10:09 AM
neel
Driver School Candidate

Well I am in the 'sparse is better' mindset too. I don't dig a too much chrome (the rx does Ok by me without being bland or staid) or other junk on cars - and I do not like slapping on sierra club, peace, political messages, or other decals, stickers or junk on cars either.

However I do like the idea of conveying something once in a while and a couple of small hybrid emblems on the side doors to me seem in-line with the looks as well as uniqueness of this car in the '07 models.
It also felt a good statement to make with the hybrid contributing (much) less to pollution/GW.

Hence I started thinking about adding the two small emblems on the rear door panels of my '06 to read Hybrid and started the thread.

I'd go with the licence plate frame route - however my plate frames read "I'd rather be flying" since the past 15yrs or so and I'm not about to change that
(the plate is "xwingr").

-cheers
Old 08-02-07, 07:42 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Just saw a Highlander Hybrid with seperate emblems why not get one from Toyota and affix it to the vehicle. The Prius,Camry and Highlander all put an emblem on the front fender why not see if you can purchase one or more for your RX400h
Old 08-03-07, 10:12 AM
neel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by herbvdh
Just saw a Highlander Hybrid with seperate emblems why not get one from Toyota and affix it to the vehicle. The Prius,Camry and Highlander all put an emblem on the front fender why not see if you can purchase one or more for your RX400h
thats exactly what I did last week. However they haven't reached me yet. So I'm waiting to receive them and take pics to post here once they are in place. I'm aiming to stick them just above the center panel at the ends - so they are kind of like the current scheme, but above the panel instead of on it.

I'll post the part numbers etc if anyone is interested.
Old 08-09-07, 07:47 AM
gokatgo
Driver School Candidate

neel,
please post photos and the part number when you get the emblems in.
i'm interested and feel the same as you about a wee bit of hybrid tagging.
i've thought about getting my licence plate to say "nihmrod" but not sure how many folks would get it.
Old 08-19-07, 06:29 PM
gokatgo
Driver School Candidate

Default lexus hybrid drive decal

I found at Sewell Lexus - lexus-parts.com a Lexus Hybrid Drive window sticker for $19. It looks nice and low key...I'm going to order and will post photos after it's installed.
Attached Thumbnails Hybrid decal?-lexus-hybrid-drive-sewell-lexus.jpg  
Old 08-19-07, 07:24 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

gokatgo: I just did a google on that part number and you can get it for $15.20 at https://www.lexuspartsmall.com/product.php?id=606
For some reason I think this is from the GS450h Please definitely post a picture as to where you put it. I am thinking in the lower center part of back window. I will have to look at the vehicle n the AM...

Quick Reply: Hybrid decal?