Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Please help me make a decision!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-07, 08:10 AM
woof
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After all this, looks like we may not wind up with the RX. We only have 2 dealers in CO and they appear to have the pricing locked up nicely. I tried to buy out of state from a broker and have lost confidence that we can secure a vehicle.

Funny, I just learned of the Highlander Hybrid and the local dealer has between 15 and 20 of them with very aggressive pricing. From our test drive, it appears to be the same car, with less insulation and creature comforts...
Old 05-18-07, 08:48 PM
woof
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone for your input. As it turns out, we've come up with a Black on Black 400h, to be delivered in 2 days. If there are any get-togethers in Colorado, please let me know. I'd like to know what the top modifications are.....

Regards,
Mike
Old 05-29-07, 09:18 AM
TwoHybrids
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Congrats! And you won't be sorry!

Congrats on your black-on-black RXh! You won't be sorry. Hell, I over-paid for my Mica Blue AWD '07 and every time I drive it, sit in it, or look at it, I completely am in love with the vehicle and don't regret the purchase.

In the end, as a car nut friend of mine told me when I told him I was shopping for a replacement for my BMW wagon (a great car, BTW, but too small and bad in-city MPG), "you should just buy the car you want and you'll be happy. All the research and opinions from others don't mean squat in the end. In the end, just buy the car you want." And he's right.

I'll add one additional 'atta-boy' ...

This falls into the smugness category, but go ahead and be smug: Relish the fact that you drive a vehicle of the 21st century, not the 20th century. You've got more CPU and MIPS in your car than most laptop computers, and more complex engineering and tuning than many German performance cars (of a different goal, of course).

While I'm certain that ICE+electric hybrid passenger vehicles are merely a stopgap to non-fossil fuel burning vehicles (hydrogen? all-electric?), this stopgap will last many years to come, and in the meantime, you're less beholden to gas stations, our war in the Middle East, and terrorist-funding Saudi oil empires. (Woo - did he just get political in here?) When you trudge along in stop-and-go, when you "idle" with the AC on, when you hunt for parking spaces in big lots at low speed, even when you cruise leisurely at freeway speeds, you'll be consuming significantly less premium grade and dumping measurably fewer carbon emissions as compared to similar-class vehicles.

These are good things, and don't let anyone argue you otherwise. Is that reason alone to buy the RXh? Maybe, maybe not. But its relative fuel economy and its relative emissions cleanliness are undeniably Good Things.

Enjoy that. That and the nicely done interior, plush ride, great ergos, excellent nav system and stupendous Mark Levinson audio system. Oh, and that awesome midrange passing power -- yes!

Power on!
Old 05-29-07, 12:13 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Indeed. Congrats on your purchase! Smile on!
Old 06-01-07, 09:16 PM
woof
Driver School Candidate

Thanks All, we have had the vehicle now for a while and we are loving it. The power is great and the mileage is even better.
Old 06-02-07, 07:19 AM
silvervett
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TwoHybrids
, excellent nav system
Power on!
I love my RX400H and agree with everything you said except for one thing, how can you consider a NAV system that doesn't allow you to use all of it's functions excellent? I am disgusted with the NAV and I even called Lexus to tell them I love the car but will never another Lexus unless they fix the NAV system. I bought A Garmin Street Pilot 7500 that not only is better at mapping better routes it really talks to you. It the Lexus will say something like "turn right in 1/2 a mile" while the Garmin will say " turn right on southern boulevard" .And not only does it really talk to you it plays MP3s, and it is able it monitor traffic jams it also automatically picks a different detour route. And I can search for motels and restaurants up ahead while I am moving If the Lexus were just able to look for motels and restaurants up ahead while I am moving I would be happy but the fact that I had to spend over $1,000 to buy a GPS unit that yours makes me very unhappy with Lexus.
Old 06-03-07, 05:06 PM
UnCon
Driver School Candidate

Silvervett, I'm rather new here, but couldn't you Order a 400h without the nav and install a 3rd party unit? I put a Pioneer N3 in my F150 and love it. I believe it does everything you want, and is probably cheaper than the nav from Lexus. Not sure if all the features will cross over though....
Old 06-03-07, 08:11 PM
silvervett
Lead Lap

First of all I needed one in a hurry and didn't have time to wait so I took one off the lot and all the ones on the lot had the NAV, Also when I got the car I wasn't aware that the NAV had a lock out when the car was moving. If I had it to do over again I would still get the car with the NAV because there are other features that are included with the NAV that I like. I bought a Garmin Street pilot 7500 that is better than the Lexus but when my lease ends 2 1/2 years from now I may get something other than a Lexus. I love the Lexus and am very happy with the car, it probably is the best hybrid being made today. I just wish that Lexus allowed me or at least the pasenger to use the NAV while the car was moving.
Old 06-25-07, 10:12 AM
slimpiggy
Driver School Candidate

Default My Experiences for your consideration

Been a toyota owner for 10 years, and between my wife and I we have owned/leased 4 Lexus,

ES330 and ES350 never had any problem of any sort,

IS350, no problem at all

my new 07 400h, has Michlin tires on, at 2000km, which is less then 1500MI, the car is pulling to the right even at low speed, went in and got an alignment, was told that I am the first to get this problem in Toronto.

After the alignment, which I think is not tire related, I had the car up to 130km/h on the highway and let go of the steering wheel and it works fine, but I will keep an eye on it.
Old 06-26-07, 09:52 PM
woof
Driver School Candidate

We're up to 1700 miles on the Michelins, no problems yet. I still believe we made the right decision over the competing models, we are very impressed with the power and ride. As a matter of fact, my poor Avalanche is sitting in the garage most of the time now. I may be interested in a mod to boost the 208 HP from the 3.3L gas engine though. I was also impressed with the "ram air" CAI that was part of the stock engine, nice...