HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Is Navigation with NavTraffic option as good as Waze?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-17, 08:12 PM
jfiduccia
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Is Navigation with NavTraffic option as good as Waze?

Hello All:

Just got my HS250H with Navigation this week (does not have NavTraffic at the moment) and trying to figure out if I can use this Navigation system effectively.

Long story short - I drive congested roads with multiple "options" through New Jersey to work every day. Until this Monday I was using Waze on my phone and of course the app has full-blown traffic integration and it is (usually) smart enough to avoid traffic jams and picks the best route based on current conditions, even if it just saves a few minutes here and there (i.e. Waze had me get off the NJ turnpike the other day and get back on two exits later to avoid a snarl-up). Lastly, the ETA to my destination includes traffic delays and is always accurate almost to the minute.

Now, I like everything about the navigation system in the car - except - it currently does not do any of the above. I would prefer to use it since a) it's there and b) it is a nice bigger screen and way more convenient then setting up my phone, etc.

The question is - does XM NavTraffic integrate seamlessly into the Navigation system? Will I start seeing "red" on traffic roads, alternate route suggestions, and an accurate ETA to work? Or does NavTraffic just report traffic issues? I really want to use it - but need all the functionality of Waze (and I'm even willing to pay the $4 a month!).

Thanks!
Old 11-17-17, 08:58 AM
Clutchless
Forum Moderator

Received 1,199 Likes on 1,025 Posts

What year is your car? I do not know the answer, but do not get your hopes up. I know they may have changed things over the 3 years this was imported. However, Lexus infotainment and navigation systems were pretty crude back then...
Also you may want to search this on a more active forum, such as the ES350 or the electronics forum https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...lectronics-12/ .

Found relevant threads by Googling XM navtraffic Lexus https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-question.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...scription.html

However it appears not all models have it!!

Last edited by Clutchless; 11-17-17 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-20-17, 07:56 PM
jfiduccia
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks!