HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Rotor / Pad Recommendations

Old 06-04-15, 04:09 PM
colenzae
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rotor / Pad Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a nice rotor brake pad combination for this car? I saw a really reasonable set of slotted cross drilled rotors with pads on Amazon but it was brand I'd never heard of.....
Old 06-05-15, 10:53 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,090 Likes on 930 Posts

OEM, Akebono or Hawk pads. I would stick with one of these rotors from Tire Rack. Some are cross drilled and some are even Cryo treated, which lasts longer.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resul...odClar=Premium

The regenerative brakes do most of the work. So brake pads last a really long time. I assume you just want to put those on for looks as they will not help you stop any better. Also cheap cross drilled rotors are more likely to crack.
Old 06-07-15, 08:34 AM
colenzae
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have about 90,000 miles on these pads, and they still have meat on them so your comment about the regenerative braking is certainly true.I was thinking of the slotted cross drilled rotors because I figured they would be less likely to warp. I'm not sure if that's necessarily true but they look cool! I think I'm leaning towards the centric / Akebono combo I've had good experience with those on my Lexus SUV.
Thanks for your help!
Originally Posted by Clutchless
OEM, Akebono or Hawk pads. I would stick with one of these rotors from Tire Rack. Some are cross drilled and some are even Cryo treated, which lasts longer. http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resul...odClar=Premium The regenerative brakes do most of the work. So brake pads last a really long time. I assume you just want to put those on for looks as they will not help you stop any better. Also cheap cross drilled rotors are more likely to crack.
Old 06-08-15, 10:43 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,090 Likes on 930 Posts

Good brake choices for the HS. I would get the Akebono performance pads. The Centric cryo rotors for $57 are a good deal.

The slotted & cross drilled are more likely to warp because there is less material as they removed it to make the holes & slots. Also, those types of rotors are noisier than plain smooth rotors.