HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Lexus HS 250h...revealed Jan. 11

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-09, 11:29 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909

The guy in the driver's seat is the program director for MotorWeek. I had the opportunity to sit with him at dinner along with the Chief Engineer of the IS Convertible on Thursday night.
Was John Davis there? (He is Motorweek's TV host). I know him, but not very closely.
Old 05-16-09, 11:54 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Was John Davis there? (He is Motorweek's TV host). I know him, but not very closely.
No he wasn't unfortunately. It was just Brian his program director and one other guy. I've been a fan of John and his show for many years.
Old 05-16-09, 05:42 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got done driving the HS250h for the whole day during the press preview today. I'll share my thoughts once the embargo lifts. I will say, the HS is in a class of it's own as far a stability and driver feel. Prius and Civic Hybrid can't compete with it that's for sure. I got to drive a variety of configurations of HS in different environments...residential, city and highway.
I cannot wait to see what your opinion is of it after driving it. I especially wonder what the gas milage will be as Lexus said it would be better than the Smart car city milage. My lease on my RX400h is up in a year and I am thinking of either buying it out or a new RX or HS. What is the rumored price going to be also.

Last edited by herbvdh; 05-16-09 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-16-09, 08:57 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by herbvdh
I cannot wait to see what your opinion is of it after driving it. I especially wonder what the gas milage will be as Lexus said it would be better than the Smart car city milage. My lease on my RX400h is up in a year and I am thinking of either buying it out or a new RX or HS. What is the rumored price going to be also.
Should be close to the Camry Hybrid... better HSD system offset by heavier weight (b/c of all the luxury equipment).
Old 05-17-09, 05:27 PM
LexFather

Nice PS job
Old 05-17-09, 06:58 PM
Terrapin
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I agree, it should be fair game once the car is introduced to the public. The embargo date for the HS is close to the end of the month...it wont be long from now!

In typical Toyota/Lexus fashion, everything is still very accessible. There maybe plastic covers to hide some of the engine compartment, but the typical diy items like oil dipstick, washer fluids, coolant and etc are there.
Thanks! That is good to know. There is much moaning and groaning on the BMW boards over lack of dipsticks, runflat tires, 17K oil changes, etc. Sometimes doing it yourself is better.
Old 05-17-09, 08:14 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
This how it should have looked

Thanks for that photoshop. It looks good with the chop, and unfortunately illustrates a cold hard fact that no matter how good the HS actually is, it doesn't look like a luxury car, or like a Lexus. That ridiculous front overhang has a lot to do with it.

I just got done driving the HS250h for the whole day during the press preview today. I'll share my thoughts once the embargo lifts. I will say, the HS is in a class of it's own as far a stability and driver feel. Prius and Civic Hybrid can't compete with it that's for sure. I got to drive a variety of configurations of HS in different environments...residential, city and highway.
That is not surprising, and I don't think anyone will argue that. The HS sits on the Avensis platform and shares some of the suspension setup with the Avensis too, so no surprise it has good stability and driver feel. Unfortunately, this doesn't change the main complaints with the car that people have.
Old 05-21-09, 12:31 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i knew an girl like that once...

sorry, just adding a little levity.
I think I knew her too, ooops.
Old 05-21-09, 03:54 PM
LexFather

So it will have a two tone seat option?
Old 05-23-09, 08:42 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
So it will have a two tone seat option?
Yes but only for a certain package. And it will be heated only.
Old 05-23-09, 08:47 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope that Edmunds or one of the mags will do a a thorough side by side comparison of the Prius vs the HS250h.

I know I haven't seen one in person much less driven one but I have a hard time seeing people buying this car if it starts much over 30 flat and costs over 39.9 when loaded up.

Actually let me qualify that statement. I have a hard time seeing any practically minded people buying one. I'm sure lots of people will still buy them for the Lexus hybrid badge/image.
Old 05-23-09, 08:52 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy

That is not surprising, and I don't think anyone will argue that. The HS sits on the Avensis platform and shares some of the suspension setup with the Avensis too, so no surprise it has good stability and driver feel. Unfortunately, this doesn't change the main complaints with the car that people have.
Coincidentally Chief Engineer Koba was the suspension engineer for the Avensis.

As for people with the complaints, it's those that are not in the market to buy this car, or those who have yet to see or drive one in person. Majority here don't see it as most here are not the target demographic for this car. Would I buy one? Yup.
Old 05-23-09, 12:07 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Coincidentally Chief Engineer Koba was the suspension engineer for the Avensis.

As for people with the complaints, it's those that are not in the market to buy this car, or those who have yet to see or drive one in person. Majority here don't see it as most here are not the target demographic for this car. Would I buy one? Yup.
Would I buy one? Yes! I think we need a poll who would buy one now or in the future. My lease is up on my RX400h in July 2010.
Old 05-23-09, 03:52 PM
mallik727
Driver School Candidate

I still don't like the HS and its grill. I mean they look normal on Fords but here, it looks kinda out place with the rest of the cars from Lexus...
Old 05-23-09, 06:14 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to see how a comparably equipped Prius would cost compared to the HS. How much more $$ would it take to step up to the Lexus experience?

I think the practicality of the Prius wins out in every regard compared to this car.

Quick Reply: Lexus HS 250h...revealed Jan. 11