HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Leather repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-24, 07:32 AM
dougaliscious
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Leather repair

Well, I learned something new today. My car (with 30k miles and 12 years) has a slightly worn leather driver's seat. I'd looked around and nobody sells a kit with the Lexus "LE28" trim colours already mixed. I also searched on Japanese websites and it appears, it's always a custom colour-matching service there as well. The only kits you can buy are the "start a leather repair business" kits.

So, I bit the bullet and tried a local leather repair company. https://www.smintc.com/
To my surprise, he says the seat area is leather - but the vertical side panel, below the stitching in my photo, is not leather but vinyl over fabric and therefore can't be significantly repaired.

I think the result is all right! I do wish I could have tried my hand at DIY, but I think I would lose my mind trying to match the colour by hand.

Before...

After a 45 minute visit from the mobile leather repair service.
Old 04-29-24, 09:28 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,115 Likes on 951 Posts

So that is not parchment? Is this a Japanese market car or are you not in the US?
I have used repair and paint kits from https://www.leatherrenew.com/
to repair and paint the seats in my RX. The HS seats have held up better, maybe because it was built in Japan.
They have large color charts.
Old 04-29-24, 09:34 AM
dougaliscious
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you - It is not parchment... the car is a Japanese market car and I imported it to the UK. The trim is called "Black and Camel Yellow"... which includes a two-tone "semi-anilene" leather.

I read the previous threads here, and checked all the vendors named. None of them had this color in their charts.