GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Enform Remote Start Problems and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-17, 03:14 AM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

I opted for another year for the remote start/Enform. Could be a waste but I dumped the fluff and went the $160 route. You do not need to pay the $240 if you don't want all the little bells and whistles. The key fob remote start has terrible range and other apps require a subscription anyway. I can simply hit the remote start on my phone from the office on a hot or cold day (after making sure I have it set up the way I want before leaving it in the first place) and finish a call or an email them leave for the day knowing the GX will be ready and waiting

What I do have a slight sad face for is I was ready to commit to a multi-year agreement and in my business a multi-year usually gets awarded a discount because you are agreeing to a longer term commitment. I was told "no" because if I sell or trade-in or destroy the car they then would refund me the balance of the money spent. Makes sense if you are dealing with crooked people but still was a bit disappointing
Old 10-28-17, 12:25 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Near the end of the former pricing structure ($165, 250 & 350/year) there were apparently
multiyear discounts up to the maximum of 5 years that they would register.
With the new 52% off the Safety & Service Connect and roughly 35% off the Remote Starter
and/or Destination Assist packages they must think that should suffice.
Old 12-12-17, 12:30 PM
polo2883
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default remote start stopped working

The remote start use to work with the lock button. But once the trial enform subscription ended the remote start using the remote stopped working. I don't know if its related or not.

Do I have to have the enform subscription to use the remote start?
Old 12-12-17, 12:35 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

Here you go.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...m-expires.html
Old 12-12-17, 12:39 PM
polo2883
Rookie

Is there a remote starter that can be used with the OEM fob? I hate carrying multiple FOBs.
Old 12-12-17, 12:48 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Not that I know of. We had a member that had a Viper system installed that used an app.
Old 12-12-17, 02:28 PM
LOLjasonW
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Did your free 1 year trial end?
Old 12-12-17, 02:51 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Your dealer can install the option called Remote Engine Start "RES" for $500 that
will use the original key fobs you already have. There will be no additional subscription
and you can use the fob just like you did for the trial period of the Lexus Enform Remote
"LER" but you will not have the phone app features.

Lexus did reduce the subscription fees last month. When you bought the GX the annual
fee for Safety Connect and the Remote Start was $250/year. It is now $160. The e-mail
you got reminding you to subscribe encouraged you to spend an extra $100 (now $80) to
keep the Destination Assist live operator for your Navigation but it is not required for the
Remote Start.

Your choice now is to either press the overhead "SOS" button and speak to an operator
to continue your Phone and Fob service @ $160/year or visit your Dealer and pay the
one time $500 for the Fob only, no subscription remote. Alternatively you can visit an
aftermarket shop and have one of many different systems installed that use a separate
small fob but can be cheaper and have greater range than the factory key fob.
Old 12-13-17, 04:28 AM
polo2883
Rookie

Originally Posted by mcomer
Your dealer can install the option called Remote Engine Start "RES" for $500 that
will use the original key fobs you already have. There will be no additional subscription
and you can use the fob just like you did for the trial period of the Lexus Enform Remote
"LER" but you will not have the phone app features.

Lexus did reduce the subscription fees last month. When you bought the GX the annual
fee for Safety Connect and the Remote Start was $250/year. It is now $160. The e-mail
you got reminding you to subscribe encouraged you to spend an extra $100 (now $80) to
keep the Destination Assist live operator for your Navigation but it is not required for the
Remote Start.

Your choice now is to either press the overhead "SOS" button and speak to an operator
to continue your Phone and Fob service @ $160/year or visit your Dealer and pay the
one time $500 for the Fob only, no subscription remote. Alternatively you can visit an
aftermarket shop and have one of many different systems installed that use a separate
small fob but can be cheaper and have greater range than the factory key fob.
I guess I'll call the dealer to see what their price is. I also dont like the fact that the car shuts off after you open the door if you use remote start, but that is something we will have to live with.
Old 12-13-17, 07:55 AM
brian4l
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I do not use the enform app and I just bought my 2011 GX used.

I hit the lock button three times and hold on the 3rd time. The hazard lights start flashing the the truck starts. Is the aftermarket or stock for the GX? What I'm reading here does not mesh.
Old 12-13-17, 08:24 AM
Statman
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by polo2883
I guess I'll call the dealer to see what their price is. I also dont like the fact that the car shuts off after you open the door if you use remote start, but that is something we will have to live with.
Yeah, this is due to legal requirements...known as the "puffer law". In many states it is illegal to have a car running without someone inside...due to the ease of theft. So the law is to prevent theft...To overcome the law, the car must be able to be running locked and shut down when the door is opened.
Oh and my car (2015 GX460) I hit the remote lock button 3 times and hold and it starts up. Never had the Lexus enform app. I bought it used and it had the remote start already installed.

Last edited by Statman; 12-13-17 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-13-17, 04:04 PM
polo2883
Rookie

So I was told if the remote start was not installed at the factory they cannot add the OEM one to it.

What they did do for me was give me another free year of enform.
Old 12-13-17, 04:30 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

So I was told if the remote start was not installed at the factory they cannot add the OEM one to it.

What they did do for me was give me another free year of enform.
Can not add OEM remomte start because not originality installed by factory? This is a Lexus dealer? Why wouldn’t they be able to do this
Old 12-14-17, 09:14 AM
texaslocal
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there a remote starter that can be used with the OEM fob? I hate carrying multiple FOBs.
Yes there are aftermarket options to add Remote Start to your existing factory Key Fob. I had one installed on my GS at Tint World in San Antonio for about $400. It worked great and I think it came with a 3 or 4 year warranty. But Lexus does have a safety feature that kills the car when you open the door after starting it with the remote, the guys at Tint World told me they couldn’t bypass this.
Old 12-14-17, 05:44 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by texaslocal
Yes there are aftermarket options to add Remote Start to your existing factory Key Fob. I had one installed on my GS at Tint World in San Antonio for about $400. It worked great and I think it came with a 3 or 4 year warranty. But Lexus does have a safety feature that kills the car when you open the door after starting it with the remote, the guys at Tint World told me they couldn’t bypass this.
Couldn’t bypass or not willing to bypass due to liability? There must be a way to do this....

Quick Reply: Enform Remote Start Problems and Questions