2 Inch Lift Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-15, 08:30 AM
macorti
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Inch Lift Kit Question

Hi Guys,

I have question in regards your GX, I read that any lift spacers kit from a 4Runner o FJ Cruiser will work for a GX right ?

The thing is that I have a Toyota Prado 150 which is the same car as the GX as regards structure (chassis, boddy, etc) not extras, well some of them like KDSS, DAC, etc.

Well to make a long story short, I would like to install one of these lift kit spacers to my car, a 2 inch one in order to gain more clearance, but I just want to make sure this 4runner/Fj Cruiser kits will work on my car.

I saw the following kit in Amazon, what do you guys think about it:

http://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Suspensions-Polyurethane-Suspension-Leveling/dp/B00VF41F3Q/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1447172653&sr=8-12&keywords=2+inch+fj+cruiser+full+lift+kit http://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Suspensions-Polyurethane-Suspension-Leveling/dp/B00VF41F3Q/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1447172653&sr=8-12&keywords=2+inch+fj+cruiser+full+lift+kit

Thanks a lot for your time, help and advice !

Regards
Marco...
Old 11-11-15, 04:07 AM
jeepstang
Driver School Candidate

Don't know if that kit will work, but send pix when you're done. Throw a set of lockers on it, a winch and some 35's and you would have a very cool trail rig.
Old 11-11-15, 05:27 AM
JohnJerk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It should fit. Search for daystar or icon in this forum and you will find 4runner kits from each of these companies installed on a 460.
Old 11-11-15, 07:08 AM
macorti
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jeepstang
Don't know if that kit will work, but send pix when you're done. Throw a set of lockers on it, a winch and some 35's and you would have a very cool trail rig.
Thanks Bud, haha ok I'll do it !
Old 11-11-15, 07:14 AM
macorti
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JohnJerk
It should fit. Search for daystar or icon in this forum and you will find 4runner kits from each of these companies installed on a 460.
Hey John, ok thanks a lot man !
Old 11-19-15, 07:28 PM
Seanathin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Prado lift springs made by Dobinsons on my GX460.

Not sure what year Prado you have, but if it's the newer design I'd say 5th gen 4Runner or FJ Cruiser bits will work fine!
Old 11-20-15, 05:53 AM
macorti
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Seanathin
I have Prado lift springs made by Dobinsons on my GX460.

Not sure what year Prado you have, but if it's the newer design I'd say 5th gen 4Runner or FJ Cruiser bits will work fine!
Hey Seanathin,

Great thanks a lot, yeap those are the same in regards structure !
Old 11-23-15, 12:15 AM
neelnaik
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

macorti, Welcome to Club Lexus! As far as I know, they should fit. I am, however, in the USA, and don't know for sure, as we don't get the Prado in the USA. You may want to check out http://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/150-series-toyotas.300/ as they might know better than the crowd on Club Lexus. Happy motoring!
Old 11-23-15, 06:51 AM
macorti
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by neelnaik
macorti, Welcome to Club Lexus! As far as I know, they should fit. I am, however, in the USA, and don't know for sure, as we don't get the Prado in the USA. You may want to check out http://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/150-series-toyotas.300/ as they might know better than the crowd on Club Lexus. Happy motoring!

Hi Neelnaik,

Thanks a lot for you response I'll do that for sure and you to have a great day !

Regards
Marco
Old 11-27-15, 08:17 PM
kroorda
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Marcorti: It depends on which model GX you have. If you have a Limited Premium, with ride and height control, then lifting your vehicle becomes a LOT more complicated as the air bags have to also be lifted along with everything else. (I know, I have a Limited Premium that I too would like to lift). Most (if not all) people who have lifted their GX have done so on a GX that does not have the Premium package.

There is a lot of really cool/nice Prado stuff that can be adapted to a GX. But, again, having the Premium package REALLY complicates things.
Old 11-27-15, 09:09 PM
macorti
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kroorda
Marcorti: It depends on which model GX you have. If you have a Limited Premium, with ride and height control, then lifting your vehicle becomes a LOT more complicated as the air bags have to also be lifted along with everything else. (I know, I have a Limited Premium that I too would like to lift). Most (if not all) people who have lifted their GX have done so on a GX that does not have the Premium package.

There is a lot of really cool/nice Prado stuff that can be adapted to a GX. But, again, having the Premium package REALLY complicates things.
Hi kroorda,

Well I have a Prado Tx which is the basic model with no airbags on the rear, so I think there should be any problem with the lift.

Thanks a lot for your advice !

Regards
Marco