GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Retrofitted (manual) power folding side mirrors - success!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-20, 05:34 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,572 Likes on 2,338 Posts

No apology needed.... this info will be appreciated by many who want to retrofit. You did a great write up on the radar cruise/PCS mod.
Old 10-17-20, 06:32 PM
clearmysix
Pit Crew

Received 106 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad
No apology needed.... this info will be appreciated by many who want to retrofit. You did a great write up on the radar cruise/PCS mod.
Thank you for all your help with that and other mods on this forum.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (10-17-20)
Old 10-17-20, 09:22 PM
WRD4chano
Advanced

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

to clarify, all that is needed to retrofit auto folding mirrors are

the interior switch
the mirrors and
the motors

then just put them together and your done?
Old 10-17-20, 09:50 PM
clearmysix
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by WRD4chano
to clarify, all that is needed to retrofit auto folding mirrors are

the interior switch
the mirrors and
the motors

then just put them together and your done?
if you are willing to buy the mirrors with the motors in them then all you need are those mirrors plus the switch.

the interior switch
the mirrors with the motors already installed.
The following users liked this post:
WRD4chano (10-17-20)
Old 11-23-20, 06:02 AM
penguinman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltramanGX
All you need is the new switch, actuator motors, new mirror frames, and connector wires. You could just buy the switch and the whole mirror assembly with everything already there but it’s not cheap. I took a chance and bought the individual parts off eBay... connected them up and everything works! Total cost was $280. Pics of the parts below.

I know I don’t really need this and my money can be better spent on other mods... but I have a base model 2014 GX and there are some convenience things that I miss from my previous car (2011 BMW X5).

Question for folks that have this feature; is it by design that the fold and unfold buttons don’t work when the car is completely off? You have to switch the car on to accessory or above to work? I guess eventually I’ll look into those aftermarket modules to have auto folding mirrors anyways. But next up is park assist!

OP, thanks for the thread on this. I'm trying to do some research into my options for retrofitting this into my 2021 GX460 premium. Unfortunately my production date was before 10/2020 so power folding mirrors weren't included in the Premium trim yet. I purchased the switch and actuators from Acrad's aliexpress link and waiting for them to come in. I'm just wondering if I can use the oem mirror frames to fit these motors in or I will need to purchase the new frames in your picture. If so would you be able to provide part numbers for those frames?

Thanks for the help
Old 12-02-20, 04:29 AM
penguinman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by clearmysix
if you are willing to buy the mirrors with the motors in them then all you need are those mirrors plus the switch.

the interior switch
the mirrors with the motors already installed.
Thanks for posting. I am about to pull the trigger on this. Can you provide the part numbers for the mirrors you purchased? I want to get a reference for my model year. Also how does the wiring go?

Thanks
Old 12-02-20, 07:19 AM
clearmysix
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by penguinman
Thanks for posting. I am about to pull the trigger on this. Can you provide the part numbers for the mirrors you purchased? I want to get a reference for my model year. Also how does the wiring go?

Thanks
What year is your GX?

The wiring is plug and play.
Old 12-02-20, 09:20 AM
penguinman
Driver School Candidate

What year is your GX?

The wiring is plug and play.
I just got a 2021. I was doing some research and found 8794060P60 and 8791060P60. Wondering if these are the ones you went with?

Thanks
Old 12-02-20, 08:28 PM
clearmysix
Pit Crew

I just got a 2021. I was doing some research and found 8794060P60 and 8791060P60. Wondering if these are the ones you went with?

Thanks
I have a 2011 so the part numbers are different. The part numbers you listed should be the right ones. These are for the power folding but non-camera mirrors. If that's what you want then I think they will work just fine. I use OEMvehicleparts for my parts. They are usually cheapest.

Here is a picture of the wire that gets plugged into the small computer from the mirror once the door panel is removed.

Last edited by clearmysix; 12-02-20 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-03-20, 04:08 AM
penguinman
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2011 so the part numbers are different. The part numbers you listed should be the right ones. These are for the power folding but non-camera mirrors. If that's what you want then I think they will work just fine. I use OEMvehicleparts for my parts. They are usually cheapest.

Here is a picture of the wire that gets plugged into the small computer from the mirror once the door panel is removed.
Thanks for the help! Did you end up using the auto folding OBD module as well?
Old 01-23-22, 03:45 PM
Piney1
Intermediate

Received 268 Likes on 155 Posts

Is there a part number for the frame part? I have the OBD and actuator on order but do not see a part number for the frame.
Old 01-23-22, 04:05 PM
clearmysix
Pit Crew

Thanks for the help! Did you end up using the auto folding OBD module as well?

Yes it worked no issue
Old 02-02-22, 10:57 AM
Piney1
Intermediate

What part number is this? I have non-power fold s on my 2013 and it is not equipped with the power folding ones. I’m assuming this is the mirror frame but need a part number. Thanks.

Old 02-02-22, 02:06 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,572 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Wondering if those frames are actually from parted out powered folding mirrors? I don't see that listed on schematic sites.

I have a couple spare folding motors I purchased off of Aliexpress just for backup in case they fail in future. They are pretty cheap at around $30 each there.

Old 02-02-22, 02:28 PM
Piney1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Acrad
Wondering if those frames are actually from parted out powered folding mirrors? I don't see that listed on schematic sites.

I have a couple spare folding motors I purchased off of Aliexpress just for backup in case they fail in future. They are pretty cheap at around $30 each there.
That is what I’m wondering. I have the motors and the obd plug in thing on order. Need to order the switch still but the frames I don’t see anywhere. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Retrofitted (manual) power folding side mirrors - success!