GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

GX460 Remote Engine Start (RES & RES+)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-21, 11:13 PM
KenISF
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I installed the 12V Solutions on my dad's '19 GX a few weeks ago. Install was like advertised on their Youtube vid being plugging into two modules under the dash. Everything also working as advertised. Only thing to note is opening the rear hatch will not kill the engine.
Old 06-02-21, 09:36 PM
SamLexRXGX
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Registration with vehicle diagnostic wire

Originally Posted by Acrad

Hi All,
Step 5.c figure 5-2

I could not find the 1P Res diagnostic wires in the passenger side kick or right side. How do we locate that wire.
I installed MTS and GBS. Trying to install the Remote Engine start at the same time. There is no help to find where those diagnostic wires located.

could you help me point out. This is for the 2015 gx 460.

Thanks,
Old 06-03-21, 05:10 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,605 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Sorry... It's been so long since I did this mod I can't remember exactly where those were taped up to or if they were close to or in the step cover area versus directly behind the cowling.
Old 06-03-21, 03:56 PM
SamLexRXGX
Pit Crew

Sorry... It's been so long since I did this mod I can't remember exactly where those were taped up to or if they were close to or in the step cover area versus directly behind the cowling.
Thanks Acrad, Would there be any possibility the vehicle wont have one? I searched even in the side black cover wire tube in the step cover area. could not find the RES diagnostic wire
Old 06-03-21, 05:58 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

If it is US spec it should be there. I thought it was taped onto another wiring harness but not quite sure.

I can't commit to looking myself at the moment but will try to trace wiring in future when I have some time.

If anyone is going to do MTS mod in near future they can help trace wiring as well.

The following users liked this post:
SamLexRXGX (06-03-21)
Old 06-04-21, 12:21 AM
SamLexRXGX
Pit Crew

If it is US spec it should be there. I thought it was taped onto another wiring harness but not quite sure.

I can't commit to looking myself at the moment but will try to trace wiring in future when I have some time.

If anyone is going to do MTS mod in near future they can help trace wiring as well.
Found answers in Post number 178 and 179. Thanks for this wonderful forum
Old 06-04-21, 12:36 AM
SamLexRXGX
Pit Crew

i did press the start button 14 times while the hood was off. I saw hazard light blinking once. but could not program with tis within 10 minutes. I restarted by disconnecting diagnostic and reconnecting, this time i do not see any flash.
Now i am seeing check engine light when in accessory mode. but when i start the engine that check engine light gone.
I am worrying if i did anything wrong in the techstream. I used the dblink mxplus bluetooth and found no diagnostic codes. But I am still in the middle of successful RES programming.
Still in the process of making it to work.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-04-21, 06:42 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

You might try again disconnecting 1P as well as the main connector to RES ECU.

Reconnect both and try again.

Are you keeping your Techstream connected to OBD port? If so, I would disconnect until you see the flash again

Are you keeping the drivers door open? If so, I would close it.

Only hood open

FYI: CEL on at accessory mode is normal bulb check and does not indicate anything is wrong.
Old 06-04-21, 08:21 AM
SamLexRXGX
Pit Crew

You might try again disconnecting 1P as well as the main connector to RES ECU.

Reconnect both and try again.

Are you keeping your Techstream connected to OBD port? If so, I would disconnect until you see the flash again

Are you keeping the drivers door open? If so, I would close it.

Only hood open

FYI: CEL on at accessory mode is normal bulb check and does not indicate anything is wrong.
Thanks.
Sure I will try removing the RES unit and the 1P same time.
I think the second time, i still had the techstream connected. will remove and try.

Regarding CEL, for nomal bulb check is ok, but engine check light and BSM stays on in accessory mode. I remember BSM was on in accessory mode, but do not remember the CEL stays on in accessory mode.
Old 06-04-21, 10:40 AM
SamLexRXGX
Pit Crew

I installed RES successfully. I mastered the techstream steps since I did multiple times, since that is the one took long time. Today morning I finished all the steps with in 5 minutes.
Remote start worked.
Thank you Acrad and other team members who contributed to this forum. I can help if any one installing OEM RES in their vehicle.
The following 2 users liked this post by SamLexRXGX:
Acrad (06-04-21), frankymenz (06-04-21)
Old 06-04-21, 12:24 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Good to hear!!!!
Old 06-04-21, 12:35 PM
cancruiser
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SamLexRXGX
I installed RES successfully. I mastered the techstream steps since I did multiple times, since that is the one took long time. Today morning I finished all the steps with in 5 minutes.
Remote start worked.
Thank you Acrad and other team members who contributed to this forum. I can help if any one installing OEM RES in their vehicle.
Glad to hear it worked for you..
I appreciate if you can post what you did EXACTLY to register the module. I have tried multiple times by following the manual and using all sort of ideas/tricks but no luck.
You referred to my posts in #178 and #179 (neither worked for me) so what did you do differently??
Thanks..
Old 06-04-21, 01:22 PM
SamLexRXGX
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by cancruiser
Glad to hear it worked for you..
I appreciate if you can post what you did EXACTLY to register the module. I have tried multiple times by following the manual and using all sort of ideas/tricks but no luck.
You referred to my posts in #178 and #179 (neither worked for me) so what did you do differently??
Thanks..
This is what I did and it worked: Hope this helps.
1) remove the connector from the RES ecu (if you are doing again)
2) unplug the 1P Connector.
3) press start button to accessory to register RES ecu not there (i hope)
4) press start button to turn off, close hood if it was opened
5) reconnect the connector with RES ecu
6)reconnect the 1P connector
7) with in 10 minutes perform all step
8)the hood should be in close position till its ready to do the techstream program(open before the techstream program)
follow all steps correctly with in 10 minutes and disconnect the 1P connecter
The following users liked this post:
cancruiser (06-04-21)
Old 06-04-21, 03:12 PM
frankymenz
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I also installed RES on my 2014 ES350, Bell Lexus sent me the printed instructions and I used techstream to initialize it. Mine worked well also, I got it for 60 bucks in February, I use it on the hot days here, lol. The techstream purchase from eBay and aliexpress was worth every penny, I bought a used windows xp laptop from a nasa engineer in Melbourne Fl for 40 bucks, I have the 1.4.1 cable and the 2.0.4 cable. The 2.0.4 works great on my 2014, the 1.4.1 worked well on my 2000 Avalon.
t
Old 06-20-21, 04:05 PM
spdski
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, from reading this thread... if I do the triple lock and hold with the OEM remote, and it doesn't start - this means my 2017 GX460 Premium doesn't have remote start?

Quick Reply: GX460 Remote Engine Start (RES & RES+)