GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Anyone used the Bilstein 5100 lift kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-16, 12:34 PM
SkeetShoot
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used the Bilstein 5100 lift kit?

Hey all,

I am growing more and more interested in lifting my GX and putting some larger tires on this beast. I like the price of toytec Bilstein 5100 kit that does a full 3" lift all around, but was unsure what some impressions were of it.

I would like a stiffer front suspension as I feel my front suspension is sagging a bit and dives quite a bit when braking. The rear seems fine right now with the airbags, but if I'm going to be replacing suspension components and upgrading tires, might as well change those out too.

I am only really worried that if I put a 3" suspension lift on it, that I might have to upgrade the UCA's as the stock ones are not adjustable.

Looking forward to responses.
Old 03-10-16, 09:30 AM
Morphyne
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SkeetShoot
Hey all,

I am growing more and more interested in lifting my GX and putting some larger tires on this beast. I like the price of toytec Bilstein 5100 kit that does a full 3" lift all around, but was unsure what some impressions were of it.

I would like a stiffer front suspension as I feel my front suspension is sagging a bit and dives quite a bit when braking. The rear seems fine right now with the airbags, but if I'm going to be replacing suspension components and upgrading tires, might as well change those out too.

I am only really worried that if I put a 3" suspension lift on it, that I might have to upgrade the UCA's as the stock ones are not adjustable.

Looking forward to responses.
I did an fj spring and 5100 upgrade on my 4runner and that is exactly what it gave me. a firmer, more responsive suspension. not mushy and marshmallowy that some desire.

Sincew that was 50k miles ago, i am actually looking to get the same kit you are looking at for more lift. but it won't until fall at the earliest.
Old 03-14-16, 07:25 AM
SkeetShoot
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm scheduling some time to meet with a few suspension guys I know, but the consensus is that with any kit of 3" or greater you should install new adjustable UCA's. So that means adding a little more $$ to the build. I would probably do the lift myself, however My father-in-law has a shop so it might just be worth it to have his guys do it, plus they have a few guys that are big into lifting their trucks, so I think they could be valuable resources on this.