GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

New member with a VX Prado not a GX

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-13, 11:24 AM
mann777

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

I loved the mini cooler box stuffed between the driver and co-driver. Good for long summer drives.
Old 03-21-13, 01:36 PM
Vims
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mann777
I loved the mini cooler box stuffed between the driver and co-driver. Good for long summer drives.
Yes it looks neat :-)

the reason I asked for interrior pics is - i used to drive Japan vehicles in the past before i moved to North America. They are drastically different from what we have here. Especially inside.
E.g. they do not have 13!!! cup holders in Sienna
Old 03-21-13, 02:45 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By ordering the Toyota LC metallic bumper for Lexus, you would have the "PRADO" badging on the plate.
It's a pretty obvious visual. Like the Harrier one I had for my RX330. But it's also probably a plate like the RX one so it can be removed and another plate put in it's place. Or not....

Those who do not know will just think on it as an aftermarket part. It's a huge look change. Most will just notice that then the logo.
Old 03-21-13, 10:08 PM
VXZ
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for welcome everyone,could some one source me the 070 color outer mirrors covers? Mine's are retractable ones(electric folding)
Old 03-23-13, 01:18 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the metal bumper plate thats nicer than the plastic one.
Old 03-23-13, 02:25 PM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Why the US-bound GX's didn't get the 3-gauge package on top of the center stack baffles me... So cool!
Old 03-24-13, 12:22 PM
VXZ
Driver School Candidate

I got my window visors today and a friend of mine shipped me Jaos front grille,damm it looks much more aggresive than the Toyota sports grille, i will upload more pics soon
Old 03-25-13, 10:39 AM
mann777

Originally Posted by infinirx
It's a pretty obvious visual. Like the Harrier one I had for my RX330. But it's also probably a plate like the RX one so it can be removed and another plate put in it's place. Or not....

Those who do not know will just think on it as an aftermarket part. It's a huge look change. Most will just notice that then the logo.
Nopes it is inscribed, so the only way to removed that would be to grind that off and get a Lexus plate customised.
Old 03-25-13, 10:55 AM
mann777

Originally Posted by Johnny Rad
Why the US-bound GX's didn't get the 3-gauge package on top of the center stack baffles me... So cool!
Maybe lexus wanted a different identity on its own and not copied much from the Toyota Brother.
And believe me the centre stack, and the cluster when compared to GX, The GX is much better. And one more thing is always when you compare the sibling counterpart , it does feel you wish you had those looks & feeling are hypothesized, as you would want it looked better & different. ( purely my opinion)
Old 04-01-13, 11:40 AM
VXZ
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone,here are some major updates

I just installed the Jaos front grille,OEM window visors plus the front and the rear OEM spoiler kits from Toyota,let me know your thoughts

Cheers
Old 05-12-13, 09:37 AM
VXZ
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone,here is what I did today

I will upload better angle pictures
Old 05-19-13, 07:37 AM
oardila99
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vims
Yes it looks neat :-)

the reason I asked for interrior pics is - i used to drive Japan vehicles in the past before i moved to North America. They are drastically different from what we have here. Especially inside.
E.g. they do not have 13!!! cup holders in Sienna
Prados are nearly identical to the GX in most aesthetic respects. Although I believe that high end Prados offer the same engine and suspension combination as the GX, most engine options in the Prado are Diesel, and most don't have air suspension and center diff lock. I've been in a couple of Prados while in Panama. Honestly, I like the sportier look of the Prado more than that of the GX, both inside and out. The Prado comes with metallic (stainless steel?) trim inside in the center console and ashtrays, and it looks like an amazing combination. I currently own a GX here in the US with tan interior, and though nice, I would have gone for the Prado interior without a doubt.

Last edited by oardila99; 05-19-13 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-19-13, 09:33 AM
oardila99
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

True. I forgot about the Prado's "fridge!" It was nice! I am sure we can order one for the GX if desired. It would displace the useless compartment that houses the DVD player.

I have some pics of the cool box but can't figure out how to upload them here from the iPhone.
Old 05-20-13, 10:11 PM
VXZ
Driver School Candidate

A friend of mine has a GX imported from USA and I love the music system in it ,plus I am looking for the side mirrors color coded
Old 05-21-13, 02:54 AM
mann777

Originally Posted by VXZ
A friend of mine has a GX imported from USA and I love the music system in it ,plus I am looking for the side mirrors color coded
070 is Blizzard Pearl White color.

Quick Reply: New member with a VX Prado not a GX