GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-12, 03:37 PM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ...

Well... it's been a good run w/ my GX470 but after 130k I'm moving on... well from the Lex LARGE SUV segment at least. Will still have one foot in the Lex family door w/ as we're keeping the GS350. That said, struck a deal today to trade in the GX. All in all, it's been a very good vehicle... a few niggling issues here and there but overall solid vehicle which impressed me. However, not a fan of the styling on the remodel... thought it would grow on me but it hasn't... Oh well, if that's my biggest complaint, I'm in good shape.

Not sure what I'll do when I want to replace the GS later this year as the Mrs. can't stand the look of the GS' new front end.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy your GXs as mine treated me very well

Last edited by rominl; 06-12-12 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-12-12, 03:50 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.............
Old 06-12-12, 03:53 PM
plunger
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much did you get for the GX?
Old 06-12-12, 04:34 PM
TopGear300
Driver

Whats next on the list? A newer 1st Gen GX?
Old 06-12-12, 05:34 PM
cdew002
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well what did you get???
Old 06-12-12, 06:35 PM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 71 Posts

He must have traded in the GX and his computer LOL
Old 06-12-12, 06:52 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

me think this is a fs ad thread...
Old 06-12-12, 06:56 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

good luck to you, Burg! Thanks for all your contributions to the GX forum.
Old 06-12-12, 06:56 PM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by plunger
How much did you get for the GX?
Well.... a lot more than what I'll be asking for the accessories I'm taking back out of the GX before I hand her over (that's a little joke b/c someone [cough]cs[cough] apparently whined my initial post was an ad so it was moderated - LOL). All I did was mention two valuable CL sponsors and the accessories of theirs I have (which I'll part out)... HINT: one deals w/ night vision and the other w/ auditory integration options

Anyhow, the used car market is very tight and getting tighter. Read recently the avg vehicle on the road in US is something like 10.8 yrs old... an all time high (I think in WSJ today). That said, every deal is different and any number I gave you would be useless b/c you don't know the other side of it. For instance, I could tell you I recd $30k for it and only have to pay $500 addl for my new stripped w/ AM radio Ford Escape - yeah I'm thrilled!!! j/k, I'm not getting an Escape...

Keep in mind KBB, Edmunds, NADA, truecar etc. are all dealer sponsored. So take what they say as less than a grain of salt (Edmunds being the worst but others not far behind). If you want to know real #s, you need access to auction pricing (a lot is accessible thru forums where dealers and wholesales participate). Personally, I am not concerned w/ any specific numbers but the net differences in total. So if dealer wants to talk wholesale we talk wholesale but all the way around and likewise if retail - this way everything is apples to apples (dealers dislike talking this way b/c consumers expect whsl on trade and retail less some discount on new when it should be cost plus). Anyhow, we worked wholesale - definitely wholesale on the new (plus what I deem as fair dealer profit on a clean transaction) and trade at wholesale (still needs a new bumper as I never replaced from my deer "meet up" last fall). To give you an idea of the actual #... look at used car sites for private sellers w/ mileage similar to yours and subtract 10-15% from asking. FWIW, my deal has been casually brewing since late April. Somewhat intentionally b/c "I wasn't all that interested in the vehicle" and somewhat unintentionally b/c of travel, etc. So, play the game and take your time... there's always another vehicle and always another deal out there.

Originally Posted by TopGear300
Whats next on the list? A newer 1st Gen GX?
Yep, I'm regressing. Luckily for me I found an '03 launch model w/ only 125 ODO miles collecting cob-webs in the middle of North Dakota

Actually, I'm breaking two cardinal rules of mine... buying a black vehicle (can't be much harder to keep clean than my navy blue Lex, right ) and a 3 letter brand I swore I'd never
buy... Oh well... it's an X5d and the thing is a MONSTER in torque category. Time will tell but looking forward to the change...

Old 06-12-12, 07:28 PM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ROSCOGX470
He must have traded in the GX and his computer LOL
LOL

Originally Posted by clubsport
me think this is a fs ad thread...
Darn! I've been found out. You nailed my master plan of earnestly contributing for 5+ years to this, the 3GS and RX forums so I can reap ungodly handsome profits peddling used accessories as opposed to letting them go to waste or be discarded when car goes thru wholesaler (for likely export).

Originally Posted by redrocks
good luck to you, Burg! Thanks for all your contributions to the GX forum.
Thanks and likewise. You've made some incredible changes to your GX - keep modding it's looking great and keep sharing!

I'll still be around but mostly checking the 3GS forum but I'll stop by occasionally.

Good luck all
Old 06-13-12, 07:05 AM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Good luck w/the "d" Burg and welcome to club Oil Burner! 20k miles so far on my 335d and the car is as fun to drive today as it was the day I bought it, the JBD tuning box helps too.

Come find me in the diesel section at e90 Post and Bimmerfest.
Old 06-13-12, 09:54 AM
plunger
Driver School Candidate

I'm leaving this site also. After seeing that alert for on the private policy, I'm closing this account and will not be posting/visiting here anymore. Good luck folks.

We collect personal information for various business purposes when you interact with us, such as providing you with a subscription, processing your order, responding to requests for service or assistance, creating and improving our products and services, suggesting additional or different products or services, and protecting our rights and property. We collect information about you in two basic ways. First, we receive information directly from you. Second, through use of cookies and other technologies, we keep track of your interactions.
Old 06-13-12, 12:38 PM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

I'm leaving this site also. After seeing that alert for on the private policy, I'm closing this account and will not be posting/visiting here anymore. Good luck folks.
Wow First off, I guess your attempts to hijack any future threads isn't a worry then
More importantly though... you're gonna go completely unplugged and drop: your cellphone, home phone, cable TV, all internet activity, etc.? Then wear a tinfoil hat and block your face from being seen on all security cameras? Probably should also cancel all your credit cards and any store loyalty cards you have b/c those are used 100% to track behavior so they can more accurately market you so you'll spend more $ with them.

Good luck to you my friend!
Old 06-13-12, 12:49 PM
plunger
Driver School Candidate

I do wear a tinfoil hat lol.

No facebook, prepaid cellphones, paying in cash, piggybacking on other people's wifi, etc.

Didn't expect to be tracked around the web from a car forum. Why do they want to collect my personal info for? I just came here to get tips and gather info about my GX.
Old 06-13-12, 02:57 PM
cdew002
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do wear a tinfoil hat lol.

No facebook, prepaid cellphones, paying in cash, piggybacking on other people's wifi, etc.

Didn't expect to be tracked around the web from a car forum. Why do they want to collect my personal info for? I just came here to get tips and gather info about my GX.
It's all marketing. Companies have to make the most of their advertising dollars, and the best way to do that is to make sure they are marketing to people that need their product.

So if you post a thread about how to convert your low beams to a HID setup, you'll probably see a banner for someone's HID product.

There is no conspiracy brother. And if there was, there's not a thing you can do about it. Don't you watch movies!?!

Quick Reply: ...