GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

What did you do to your GX TODAY?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-17, 11:58 AM
anyoldiron
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Changed power steering fluid
Old 03-27-17, 03:24 AM
tomtbone
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chiph9
Replaced all four splash aprons in the front wheel-wells so that the alternator & other stuff doesn't get soaked.

Helpful tip: Use a flat bladed screwdriver to pry the old clips off. If they're as old as mine, they'll break in the process. A vendor on Amazon sells a box of 25 of them for about $15. They're gray-market, but they seem to work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L1KIOG0/

Chip H.
Where'd you pick up the splash aprons? I have one with a hole in it.
Old 03-27-17, 06:46 AM
jonesmw10
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
Do u have any before and after pics as far as the new bulbs are concerned.
Here's an after shot. Sun started coming up but gives you a good idea of how bright they are.

Old 03-27-17, 07:09 AM
IanB2
Pole Position

Received 520 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by ljerryd
Made a Plexiglas phone mount utilizing the ashtray. Time will tell if the tray hold up to the added weight. If not, the next platform will fit in the A/T slot.
That's pretty neat, too bad you lose the cig lighter for powering accessories though, I use mine all the time.
Old 03-27-17, 07:31 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 728 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone
Wow, what did you run over? That's pretty high off the ground to have something punch a hole in it.

I got them through Lexus of South Atlanta. $100 for all four, shipped to Texas. http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com/

The engine heat over the years had dried out the previous ones and they tore and fell off sometime before I bought the vehicle, leaving just the "ears" where the clips go through.

Chip H.
Old 03-27-17, 11:28 AM
jonesmw10
Rookie

It got new tires today.. Hankook Dynapro ATM's (well pathfinder tires, rebranded hankooks for cheaper). I got a nail in the sidewall on one of the Coopers and that was all she wrote. I had plans to replace them soon, but was hoping to wait until I was ready for it
Old 03-27-17, 11:44 AM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jonesmw10
It got new tires today.. Hankook Dynapro ATM's (well pathfinder tires, rebranded hankooks for cheaper). I got a nail in the sidewall on one of the Coopers and that was all she wrote. I had plans to replace them soon, but was hoping to wait until I was ready for it
Not to be a ball buster, but you're gonna regret those when they're starting to wear out. Previous owner bought the same tires brand new when I got my GX, now at 30%, it's so freagin' loud and bumpy ride everywhere.
Old 03-27-17, 11:50 AM
jonesmw10
Rookie

Originally Posted by Organized Garage Status
Not to be a ball buster, but you're gonna regret those when they're starting to wear out. Previous owner bought the same tires brand new when I got my GX, now at 30%, it's so freagin' loud and bumpy ride everywhere.
Damn. From what I read, they had decent reviews. Hopefully I'll have a better experience it was the best tire I could afford without killing the bank account, lol. When they rolled the tire into the waiting room I already knew it was game over.

Last edited by jonesmw10; 03-27-17 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-27-17, 12:03 PM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jonesmw10
Dann. From what I read, they had decent reviews. Hopefully I'll have a better experience it was the best tire I could afford without killing the bank account, lol. When they rolled the tire into the waiting room I already knew it was game over.
In my experience, they were really quiet and comfy brand new. But when it was 50% tread, it totally changed, day and night difference. At first I thought it was my suspension going out, but got a flat on 2 and had to replace with used Bridgestone and immediately felt the difference. So now I'm on the same boat and looking into Toyo Open Road until I get my new wheels.
Old 03-27-17, 08:14 PM
ljerryd
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IanB2
That's pretty neat, too bad you lose the cig lighter for powering accessories though, I use mine all the time.
Photo is misleading. I can plug into it if it's a short USB style. I use the console one most of the time anyway.
Old 03-28-17, 08:08 AM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just got the new wheels and tires mounted. FN wheels 18x9, 275/60R18 Michelin Dender LTX M/S . Sorry for low quality pics, she need to be washed now lol...
Old 03-28-17, 02:42 PM
JLee50
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone
I wouldn't put OEM ones on again - check out the ones from Rad Rubber: https://www.radrubberdesign.com/store.html

Super thick. My OEM splash shields had completely disintegrated. These are awesome.
Old 03-31-17, 08:07 AM
tomtbone
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JLee50
I wouldn't put OEM ones on again - check out the ones from Rad Rubber: https://www.radrubberdesign.com/store.html

Super thick. My OEM splash shields had completely disintegrated. These are awesome.
Thanks! Some clips broke and my tire ended up eating through one.
Old 04-01-17, 05:50 PM
jonesmw10
Rookie

Changed out the spark plugs today, transmission was serviced yesterday. Driving pretty good now. All fluids are new! I plan on getting new headlights next as mine are in pretty rough shape. That may wait a couple weeks though
Old 04-13-17, 05:33 AM
jonesmw10
Rookie

LED swap in the interior, as well as license plate lights. I got new housings for the license plate lights, though. They're cloudy, filled with sand, and cracked. Running board lights are next. Also ordered new headlights, so that will be my weekend project

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GX TODAY?