GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Bluetooth Phone Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-09, 08:17 PM
Robertsarg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bluetooth Phone Issue

I just bought a 2005 GX 470. I paried my Blackberry Bold up with the Cars phone system. All works fine except for when I get a incoming call the cars ringer does not ring to notify me of the incoming call. The sound system will shut down, and the screen says incoming call, but no ringer over the speakers. If the sound system is already off, The only way I know if a call is coming in to look at the screen. I brought it in to Lexus, they could no figure it out either. They tried their cell phones as well, and same issue. There is a volume selection when the call is coming in, and it is all the way up, so it's not that. Does any one have an idea why the cars speakers are not ringing when I receive a incoming call? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-21-09, 03:55 AM
pickle
Rookie

I have an 06, and I have the same situation. I think that is just the design of the system. I usually hear the ringer on my cell phone when the radio shuts off, so it isn't a big deal, unless you keep your phone in a briefcase in the rear of the truck or something.
Old 03-21-09, 07:48 AM
Robertsarg
Driver School Candidate

Yes, my phone rings as well. But Lexus says the speakers should be sounding a ring. I called Lexus customer service in California. They said they will send out a representative to look at my vehicle and evaluate the problem. He also said the ringer in the car should sound when a call is coming in.
Old 03-21-09, 04:36 PM
pickle
Rookie

definitely keep us informed with what the rep says, and what they do to fix the situation, because it has never rung through the speakers when the phone has an incoming call. I hear the phone ring tone when I place a call, just like you would with any phone, over the speakers, but never for an incoming call.
Old 03-21-09, 06:04 PM
Robertsarg
Driver School Candidate

I will for sure. I don't know how long it will take them to get a rep into Albuquerque, NM from California. He did tell me there is a rep that travels and hits all the Lexus dealerships requiring his assistance. I will keep you posted.
Robert
Old 03-26-09, 12:39 PM
LexusBob
Pole Position

I have an '05 GX too and the incoming call used to ring fine through the speakers until just yesterday. I now hear it only from the phone. Weird. There was a post in another ClubLexus GX thread that suggested turning the car off, turning the key to "Ignition On", hold down the "Info" button while turning the headlights on and off 4 times. A menu should appear allowing you to adjust add'l call settings. He did it on a 2009 but I'm going to try it tonight on my '05 if I have time.
Old 03-26-09, 03:38 PM
Robertsarg
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I read that Post. I tired that today in my car and it did not work for me. I did not get any menu screen after turning the lights on and off 4 times. Tried it four times, but did not work. Let me know if it does for you.
Robert
Old 03-27-09, 09:36 AM
LexusBob
Pole Position

Robertsarg, I tried it last night and it worked! This is what I did: Get in GX, turn key to the ON position, click "agree" on nav screen, hold down "info" button, and this is what was a little tricky to figure out at first, the headlight switch must be turned completely off and not on "Auto" for this to work. Now turn switch methodically back and forth from off to on (not "Auto") 4 times. You should see the menu screen appear. Touch menu and then select the BT Call Quality to access settings. I set mine to +3 for outgoing volume and +2 for incoming. Good Luck!
Old 03-27-09, 10:30 AM
Robertsarg
Driver School Candidate

I'll give it another shot, But didn't work the other day for me. I'll try again! Thank you for the feedback! Wish me luck!
Old 03-27-09, 10:50 AM
Robertsarg
Driver School Candidate

Ok, Just went out and tried it. I got into the menu set up, changed the +3 for outgoing and +2 for incoming. Then called my cell phone, still no ringer over car speakers! So bummed out.
Thanks for all the help though. If anyone else has the ringer problem and can figure it out, keep me posted!
Robert
Old 07-11-09, 10:03 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bringing this thread back to life...

any updates? I have the same issue