GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Why does nobody post on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-08, 04:03 PM
BenefitPT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does nobody post on this forum?

I joined CL a few days ago, excited to see lots of posts about my new SUV. Instead I see maybe a post or two/day? Was it always this way, or am I just joining at a time when nobody has anything to talk about? Are there any other Lexus forums where people are involved? Thanks, Michael.
Old 10-18-08, 04:09 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sometimes, no news is good news. You should have been here when the "CLUNK" was in full swing.
Old 10-18-08, 06:46 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

WELCOME!

yeah, it was busier when I first joined a year or so ago. Its been quiet here lately. I'm usely in the ES forum because it appears there are more new comers so more questions.

Of course you can always get the conversation started with questions or posting some pics of your new ride.
Old 10-20-08, 05:46 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The ES forum is busier because there are 4 times as much ES owners as the GX owners
Old 10-20-08, 06:39 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Really? LOL
Old 10-20-08, 10:05 AM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BenefitPT
I joined CL a few days ago, excited to see lots of posts about my new SUV. Instead I see maybe a post or two/day? Was it always this way, or am I just joining at a time when nobody has anything to talk about? Are there any other Lexus forums where people are involved? Thanks, Michael.
If you have any questions just post them and I bet you they WILL be answered.

People do not really hang out here all day and post about nonsence, so there is not a ton of activity. You also have to realize that this platform is now about 6 years old so most of the questions/issues have already been discussed and searching will give you all of the previous threads about the topic you are interested in.

Lastly, there are not a ton of mods that people do to these cars. My GX is one of the most "modded" on here and I really have not done that much to the car. So if you add the lack of daily BS, the age of this platform and the overall lack of mods you get minimal activity. But like I said, if you have a question it will be answered.

Old 10-20-08, 10:19 AM
BenefitPT
Driver School Candidate

That makes sense. I will be doing some nice stuff to my truck. A lot of updating and such.. There def seems to be a lot of info in the forum library, I will be checking it out as well as posting new pics and questions I have.
Old 10-20-08, 10:25 AM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That makes sense. I will be doing some nice stuff to my truck. A lot of updating and such.. There def seems to be a lot of info in the forum library, I will be checking it out as well as posting new pics and questions I have.
Great!

Once again...Welcome!!!
Old 10-20-08, 10:31 AM
GatorGreg
Advanced

Received 191 Likes on 113 Posts

Although the quantity of posts in the GX subforum is rather low, the quality is relatively high Like shack said most questions do get answered - but you might need to wait a day or two.
Old 10-20-08, 05:13 PM
BenefitPT
Driver School Candidate

I bought a two year old Grand Am GT back in 2002 when I was 16.. It was my first car and I joined a Grand Am GT forum where myself and a bunch of other kids would talk about all the crazy stuff we were doing to our cars.. lol. It was when we all thought is was cool to make our cars look and sound stupid. Every day it was.. "Check out how much Nitro I'm running!" or "Look at my crazy body kit!!" I think I was just used to that much traffic and was expecting that here.. It's prob a good thing we're not all doing crazy stuff.. lol. But it was fun. Anyways, nice to meet all of you, looking forward to sharing pictures and such!
Old 10-20-08, 05:36 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

you think the gx forum is bad, the lx forum is the definition of dead
Old 10-20-08, 05:55 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not so busy

I agree the "CLUNK" days were very hectic around here. Now we have to wait until some spy shots of the 2010 or 2011 GX make their way around.

WELCOME - we could always unleash some of the other moderators to do a little welcome/hazing party for you.
Old 10-22-08, 10:50 AM
LexGX
Pole Position

Welcome to the fourm.

I agree not too much activity goes on in the gx forum but it seems like its a good thing. Not a lot of problems occur and theres not much that you can do to a gx to keep the this forum going.

Looking forward to your mods on your gx.
Old 10-22-08, 11:01 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps because GX owners experience so few problems?

Mine is now oficially 4 years old (34K miles) and I have nothing bad to say about this vehicle. I'm glad I bought this truck!
Old 10-22-08, 11:09 AM
GX470GT
Driver

Smile why nobody posts!

The reason is simple. Our cars (GX470) are:

#1. Hard to MOD! (There arent a lot of aftermarket equipment for our trucks)

#2. The Age group! (Lots of young folks cannot afford this car + they tend to like ths IS + GS more)

#3. Not the most fun car (generally speaking)

#4. And lastly, sadly ALMOST nobody takes these beasts offroad! (which means there is nothing to talk about with other folks), (no offroad stories and no experiences to share).

oh and i almost forgot, almost 80% of drivers are moms. (atleast here in the seattle area).

So untill our cars will drop in value, there won't be too many enthusiasts here.
Attached Thumbnails Why does nobody post on this forum?-e.jpg  

Last edited by GX470GT; 10-22-08 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Why does nobody post on this forum?