GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models
View Poll Results: Are You Satisfied with your Dealer
YES, Super Satisfied
52.00%
OK, But could be better
24.00%
SOSO, Some good - some bad
14.00%
NO, I'm taking my car to GMC dealer next time
10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Dealer Satisfaction Survey

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-07, 06:12 AM
gsobol
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dealer Satisfaction Survey

I recently had a "great" experience with my dealer. I took it for routine service during which it was discovered that I had some problem that needed to be addressed - under warranty - and that it will take a day. Next day I found out that they did not get the parts yet, so they need to keep the car one more day, ... and ... oh, BTW you need to replace the rear break pads for the low price of $500.00. Fine..... Nobody calls me for the next two days. That really pissed me off. I call at the end of day 4. After 15 minutes of being on hold I find out that my car is ready. I go to pick it up after work (around 6:00PM), wife and 4 year old in tow. I get there to find out that they have no idea where my car is since they can't find my keys! I had to go through the parking lot looking for my car. I found it and pointed it out to them. After approx 20 minutes, somebody comes over to me and asks me if I have the second set of keys with me, because they still can't locate my keys!!!! You got to be kidding me. Wife's pissed, kid is cranky, I'm fuming. No, sorry, I didn't know that I had to deal with this level of incompetence, have I known, I would have gone to another dealer!!! Then somehow miraculously they locate my keys 15 minutes later. I finally get my car back, with grimy fingerprints and splotches all over driver side interior, not washed, smelly. I didn't have the strength to argue. By that time (approx 7:00PM - I have been there almost 1 hour), wife's totally pissed, kid hungry, tired, super cranky, ... I just wanted to get home.

This is not my first bad experience with this dealer. Once I reserved the loaner and had to wait for over an hour to get it, because apparently I forgot to confirm my appointment and the loaner. The second time I reserved and confirmed(!) the loaner, and got there to find them very confused - loaner, you are getting a loaner? we don't have you on the list. I turned around and left, I should have went to a different dealer there and then.

Their sales staff is great, but their service sucks. I have a prepaid service and it seems that every time I take it in for service I have to shell out cash for something. I think it's the policy to rip people off for anything they can get away with. Why do I need injector power clean after 10,000 miles ????? Or, it looks that you have two nails in your tires..... conveniently. Also, can someone verify, because I think I got screwed, do your rear break pads are made of gold. I looked, mine are not, but I think I got charged for the gold ones.

Just for the record: Lexus of Rockville Centre. - same owner as Lexus of Massapequa - but their service is sooo much better, go figure.

What is your experiences with your dealer. Am I the exception. I don't scream, or go to see the manager, or try to get anyone fired. Or maybe I should.......
Old 10-31-07, 06:47 AM
Aristanet
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus of Rockville Centre service and sales are pretty bad. Getting a loaner from them is impossible even if you schedule appointment and confirm it day before. I have stopped using them after they charged my wife $350 for an oil change and tire rotation. I have tried contacting (3 voice mails) service manager to find out what kind of oil they use that it costs $350 but I still did not get a call back (that was 3 month ago).

I now use Lexus of Queens and Lexus of Manhattan and couldn’t be happier with either location. It might be a little out of the way, but it is worth it not to get aggravated by a bunch of scam artists.
Old 10-31-07, 08:07 AM
Linko
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one time I used the service dept at Chatham Parkway Lexus in Savannah was for my complementary 5k mi service. The loaner was ready when I arrived, and the service took less time than advertised, so those were positives. When I returned to the dealer to pick up my serviced vehicle, I discovered that the "courtesy wash" apparently did not include drying the vehicle, leaving the exterior spotty and dull. Nor did the process involve cleaning the interior or wheels. I have a feeling they took it to the gas station next door and ran it through the econo wash. That (combined with the fact that the regular scheduled maintenance beyond 5k mi is neither complementary nor inexpensive) really bothered me, so I have been taking my GX to my wife's Volvo dealer. They do the complete service (except the in-cabin microfilter replacement) for $70 and wash & detail the entire vehicle so it looks & feels new again. That is less than half the cost of the service at the Lexus dealer, with a far superior overall product.
Old 10-31-07, 08:37 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The last time I check, Volvos are just expensive as Lexus when it come to service. For $70, what exactly are you getting? A oil change and a car wash? Does the Volvo dealer even have the right parts?
Old 10-31-07, 10:07 AM
Linko
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by The G Man
The last time I check, Volvos are just expensive as Lexus when it come to service. For $70, what exactly are you getting? A oil change and a car wash? Does the Volvo dealer even have the right parts?
I contacted the Lexus dealer to see what the 10k mi service consists of, and I was told "oil change, tire rotation, fluid top-off & microfilter change". The Volvo dealer performs these same services (including the recommended 5-tire rotation) for $70. They get the oil filter from the Toyota dealer down the road, as they service a couple other Lexus vehicles for customers with both brands in the family. The Lexus dealer was $139 for the same services.
Old 10-31-07, 10:18 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Linko, sounds like you found a good deal.
Old 10-31-07, 12:20 PM
94SC300TX
Rookie

I have had great expierences with Lexus of Austin. I have gone in for the scheduled 5k service, gotten a Lexus loaner and waited no more than 10 minutes, got the GX back that afternoon washed and dryed outside and inside cleaned. I also went in for the TSB clunk fix and also got a Lexus loaner right away and it was fixed the same day as well and was washed too. The only complaint I have it the price of the 10k service, they wanted something like $175 which included a loaner Lexus, but I took it to another shop and got the same service done for $39 while I waited. The other shop I went to is run and owned by Lexus Master Techs that left Lexus of Austin to start their own shop, all mechanics are Lexus certified and usually half to 75% cheaper than the dealership service. I use to take my SC300 there too and always got great service.
Old 11-02-07, 08:35 AM
super_cjc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Linko
I contacted the Lexus dealer to see what the 10k mi service consists of, and I was told "oil change, tire rotation, fluid top-off & microfilter change". The Volvo dealer performs these same services (including the recommended 5-tire rotation) for $70. They get the oil filter from the Toyota dealer down the road, as they service a couple other Lexus vehicles for customers with both brands in the family. The Lexus dealer was $139 for the same services.
My dealer charges $79 for oil change/tire rotation/car wash + loaner + free coffee/donuts
Old 11-14-07, 11:51 AM
LexusBob
Pole Position

Lexus of Smithtown is pretty good. They always have a loaner, are extremely friendly, respectful of customer and sincere. They're not pushy either like other dealers I've dealt with in the past.
Old 12-02-07, 02:00 PM
Huntington
Rookie

Newport Lexus, here in Newport Beach, CA is spectacular. I recently went in to have my alignment done, as well as have the Clunk TSB fixed. When I arrived, they were out of loaners. They immediately called to set me up with a free rental with Enterprise. I told them "thank you" but I'd rather just get back to work, as I wouldn't be needing my car until the end of the day. "No problem, we'll have a shuttle take you right now," they said. Awesome! They took me straight back to my work in a new Hybrid RX, then picked me up later in the Evening once I got off.
Every other dealer I have EVER been to would have turned that in to a ridiculous hassle. Newport Lexus handled it perfectly. I am definitely sticking with that dealership.
Interestingly enough: their competition is Fletcher Jones Mercedes (located about .5 mile away), the largest Mercedes dealership in the US (if not the world). Since Newport Lexus opened, Fletcher Jones has been having their worst sales to date.
Old 12-18-07, 04:25 AM
itsZep
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sewell Lexus Dallas = Excellent!

{plus half the service reps are total babes that know the brand very well**
Old 12-19-07, 03:28 PM
sphy1005
Instructor

Lexus of South Atlanta service department, bad service! Will not return there!

I had just bought my 04 gx in july this year. Normally i do all my services on my cars but figured, hey i'll let them check out the car to make sure everything is ok and to do a 45k service plus i was working alot and had no time. 1st of all when i call i got quoted like $150. Next day i go and the service writer is not there so i have to deal with someone else. Ok no prob, but then he tells me its $300. Should've left then, decided to stay and get it done. well i get a call saying the front brakes need to be done, ok get it done. i go to pick up my car and do a walk around. that package included a wash and wax. there was wax residue left all over the place which i didn't like. next the interior, which i had just detailed came back with lint every and a stale smell like old rags were used. ok thats enough right? nope, i drive the car the next morning and see a scratch on the passenger seat about 6 inches long next to the center console. its on the side that's facing the center console. it definitly wasn't there when i brought it in. i would have noticed it when i spent 2 hours cleaning the interior. I call the service writer and she says she'll ask the tech and call me back. i leave her my cell number. that was noon. 5 o'clock rolls around and no call so i call and she says that its been there. WTF! now i'm pissed. i go there and speak to the manager and he says the tech says it was there and he can't do anything about it. after 45 minutes i just say forget it and leave. last time i'm going there.

LEXUS OF SOUTH ATLANTA=CRAP
Old 02-04-08, 11:12 AM
BLKGX470
Driver

I take my GX to Lexus of Glendale and I have been pretty satisfied with their service, loaner car always available, driver to greet you, all workers are very courteous whether you're wearing a suit or shorts, they treat you the same, whenever I have problems with the GX they fix it no questions asked...free carwashes, fresh popcorn, soda dispenser, good quality fresh brewed coffee, great breakfast goodies, and 2 free AMC movie tickets since I always make an appointment using their online site.

The only problems I have is that everytime I pick up the car when its done, I always, always see a yellow slip with the outline of a car where they mark a scratch or dent on it....which I know my GX pretty well...but everytime, it never fails...they always mark a scratch on that slip...so i know that happens whether when they are servicing the GX or when they are washing it...

should they be held accountable for that?

LEXUS OF GLENDALE = SO SO
Old 02-04-08, 02:30 PM
gsobol
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, I know it's a small sample (only 36 so far), but only 50% satisfaction. I would expect that from the Benz dealer, but not from Lexus. Is that a new trend for Lexus?????
Old 02-04-08, 03:37 PM
BLKGX470
Driver

well, each experience varies and i'm sure there are lots more who haven't chimed in to this yet...but if the Lexus is getting 50% then I bet MB and BMW will probably get 20-25%? I have a BMW as well and BMW dealer, service and overall satisfaction does not even come close.

that's from my experience...

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey