GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

LuxLink Remote start

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-06, 10:59 AM
robinzon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LuxLink Remote start

Hey all,

Anyone install the luxlink remote start (it integrates into factory harness and uses Lexus OEM remote to start the vehicle - press Lock 3 times).. I was going to order the product last year but they were out of stock then only had it in stock for couple of weeks and kept calling me but I was so disappointed with the wait and that winter was over that I never ordered.... now they are yet AGAIN redesigning the unit and are waiting for it to arrive ANY DAY NOW... for the past 3 months I swear why can't a single company sell everything together the "I AGREE/ BLUETOOTH and the Vaistech type interface and remote-start" or better yet lexus simply needs to incorporate it (as they did partially in an IS350 ) on all of their cars so that no modding is necessary.... at any rate did anyone ever install it?

thanks
Old 01-21-06, 05:11 AM
mlbpbg
Rookie

Had one installed in my '05. Works great
Old 01-21-06, 04:51 PM
robinzon
Driver

When did you order it? The have been telling me ANY DAY NOW for a while, plus I am guessing you got the unit that needs splicing TWO additional wires? (for the relay) PM me with details if you can thanks.

Originally Posted by mlbpbg
Old 01-21-06, 10:47 PM
25cliffy
Rookie

Default very interested!!!

After reading previous posts I've put this mod on the back burner but with summer around the corner and a baby on the way, being able to cool off the GX before hopping and blistering body parts is sounding much more attractive.

Key features I'd like, is to use the factory key fob without losing the remote unlock. I thought I read after using the remote to start the car you had to actually insert the key to unlock the door. Does the new unit accomplish this? That would be great!

Also in past posts, an aftermarket alarm was installed with an extra key fob. Although very nice and small, superfluous in my opinion.

I just want to start the vehicle with the factory key fob without losing any of the factory functions!

Any info is greatly appreciated!

CcS
Old 01-22-06, 04:55 AM
mlbpbg
Rookie

Originally Posted by 25cliffy
After reading previous posts I've put this mod on the back burner but with summer around the corner and a baby on the way, being able to cool off the GX before hopping and blistering body parts is sounding much more attractive.

Key features I'd like, is to use the factory key fob without losing the remote unlock. I thought I read after using the remote to start the car you had to actually insert the key to unlock the door. Does the new unit accomplish this? That would be great!

Also in past posts, an aftermarket alarm was installed with an extra key fob. Although very nice and small, superfluous in my opinion.

I just want to start the vehicle with the factory key fob without losing any of the factory functions!

Any info is greatly appreciated!

CcS
With the Luxlink REmote Start I have, you push the lock button three times and then within two seconds push the unlock key. The car is unlocked while it is running. Or you can just start it and let it run for the set time (10 minutes). Then you can you use your remote to unlock it. No extra keys and all factory functions remain the same.
Old 01-22-06, 07:29 AM
batmobl
Rookie

Originally Posted by mlbpbg
How much does it cost?
Old 01-22-06, 07:46 AM
mlbpbg
Rookie

Originally Posted by batmobl
How much does it cost?
I really don't remember. You will have to contact Luxury Motor Works which is a sponsor of the forum
Old 01-22-06, 03:27 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seem to recall that you'll have to give up ONE of the MASTER keys in order for this to work...? This and also sticking the key into the door to unlock it, were the deal breaker for me...

Nice concept, just wish Lexus followed Mercedes/BMW in this aspect.... The Flagship LS (?) Lexus has the remote start button, the GX should have had it too...

-Alex
Old 01-22-06, 04:46 PM
mlbpbg
Rookie

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
I seem to recall that you'll have to give up ONE of the MASTER keys in order for this to work...? This and also sticking the key into the door to unlock it, were the deal breaker for me...

Nice concept, just wish Lexus followed Mercedes/BMW in this aspect.... The Flagship LS (?) Lexus has the remote start button, the GX should have had it too...

-Alex
We cut the chip from the spare metal key carrying case and used it instead of a master key.
Old 01-22-06, 07:55 PM
25cliffy
Rookie

Default I'm sold

I link and a price is all I need! Anybody have that info to share? Factory key fob, no loss of function - sign me up!!!
Old 01-22-06, 11:44 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mlbp,

Thanks for the info, but bottom line you still have to give up one of your keys regardless if it is master, spare or wallet key....

I was wondering though, online and ALSO on Ebay, spare Lexus keys are available for sale, can these be used instead if it was "programmed" correctly?

Thanks in advance...

-Alex
Old 01-22-06, 11:56 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Luxury Motor Works / Remote Start

Luxury Motor Works

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/luxlink_remote_start.php

~ Cap
Old 01-23-06, 12:49 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have it in my SC and it works like a charm. Keep in mind that this is not a LuxLink product but a product they sell /sold under their name. I will get the name of the actual product as the manual is on my other computer. I have mine programmed for 4 clicks to start.
Lee
Old 01-23-06, 05:41 AM
mlbpbg
Rookie

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
Hey Mlbp,

Thanks for the info, but bottom line you still have to give up one of your keys regardless if it is master, spare or wallet key....

I was wondering though, online and ALSO on Ebay, spare Lexus keys are available for sale, can these be used instead if it was "programmed" correctly?

Thanks in advance...

-Alex
That's a great question. I guess if the key has the right buttons and fits in the ignition, it should be progrmmable for the car.
Old 01-23-06, 06:52 AM
25cliffy
Rookie

Default Price?

Tried the luxlink website but unable to add to cart and check price. Also, what should I expect to pay for install.

Anybody use an alternative that they're happy with?

A ballpark price out the door would really make me happy

CcS

Quick Reply: LuxLink Remote start