GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Just got a 2006 GX, Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-05, 10:37 PM
jigster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a 2006 GX, Question

My dad just bought a Gx today, man this thing is awesome. The horsepower doesnt seem like much on paper, but on the road its perfect. Too bad i dont get to drive it, maybe on the weekends when i'm home from college .

The sound system is AWESOME, its got some thump without any hiccups. Its got a grocery list of features and was a pretty good buy. We got it with the kinetic suspension, it was the only one on the lot with the feature, i dont know what its like without it, but it has a great ride.

One question i have is about the bluetooth, its a great feature, but i'm the only one with a BT phone. Is there any way to hook up a non BT phone, namely a nextel phone with an adapter and still be able to use the vehicle commands?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jigster; 10-23-05 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-25-05, 08:02 AM
muldrick
Rookie

Nope....BT only.
www.lexus.letstalk.com

Originally Posted by jigster
My dad just bought a Gx today, man this thing is awesome. The horsepower doesnt seem like much on paper, but on the road its perfect. Too bad i dont get to drive it, maybe on the weekends when i'm home from college .

The sound system is AWESOME, its got some thump without any hiccups. Its got a grocery list of features and was a pretty good buy. We got it with the kinetic suspension, it was the only one on the lot with the feature, i dont know what its like without it, but it has a great ride.

One question i have is about the bluetooth, its a great feature, but i'm the only one with a BT phone. Is there any way to hook up a non BT phone, namely a nextel phone with an adapter and still be able to use the vehicle commands?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-25-05, 08:53 AM
jigster
Driver School Candidate

I just ordered the Jabra A210 bluetooth adapter to try out. Only 35 bucks off ebay its worth a shot. Has anyone tried this before for use with non-bluetooth phones?
Old 10-25-05, 10:45 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No use jigster....

Won't work... The GX470 is a BIG BT headset (like the Jabra) with a V8 engine... Purchasing another Jabra headset for your NON bluetooth phone doesn't do a thing...

Hope this makes sense...?

Just bite the bullet and purchase a bluetooth enabled telephone and you'll be fine!!!

Motorola Razor (Silver or Black)
Sony Ericsson S710a
Sony Ericsson T610
Sony Ericsson T68i

Have been tested by me personally as I have had access to all of these phones and they will work with the GX470...

Good Luck...
Old 10-25-05, 11:40 AM
loflin
Pole Position

There is an option, if you truly don't want to get another phone.

Most wireless BT headphones (Jabra, etc.) come with an adapter that hooks on a non BT phone, so that you can use the headset.

It connects into the headphone jack on your phone. So you lose some additional functionality from the headset (like redial). But the audio portion works.

I can not vouch for any of them working with the GX. But basically it should as they implement the standard BT protocol.

You would end up with a phone that works in your car, (with the car as the "headset") and then an portable earpiece headset to use when you are not in the car.

Downside is it is something that has to hook onto your phone (ie. it might not fit into your belt holder, etc.).
Old 10-25-05, 02:02 PM
jigster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by loflin
There is an option, if you truly don't want to get another phone.

Most wireless BT headphones (Jabra, etc.) come with an adapter that hooks on a non BT phone, so that you can use the headset.

It connects into the headphone jack on your phone. So you lose some additional functionality from the headset (like redial). But the audio portion works.

I can not vouch for any of them working with the GX. But basically it should as they implement the standard BT protocol.

You would end up with a phone that works in your car, (with the car as the "headset") and then an portable earpiece headset to use when you are not in the car.

Downside is it is something that has to hook onto your phone (ie. it might not fit into your belt holder, etc.).
I bought the adapter you mentioned, the Jabra A210, not the headset.

I have a Motorola v600 with a motorola BT headset and the phone pairs and works with the care perfectly. I just wanted something for my dad who has a nextel phone. I'm going to try the Jabra BT adapter and see if it works well with the GX.