GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

SIRIUS on 06 GX part number verified!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-05, 12:17 AM
kormaster
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BIG BIG HEADACHE..... they told me they cant do it.

LONG STORY SHORTENED....
They had 1.5 weeks to tell me or reschedule the appt to avoid this drama. Instead, they wasted my whole sat (it was nice weather too!!!)

I had a long talk with the manager.... he offered free isntallation now and they are going to install it... i guess they started to use their brain and actually found out that it is just plug and play....

I spent 325.xx for the ES330 kit and the SIRIUS module.... it seems it just plugs into the rear of the screen area... there are simple guideline that someone posted.. i think it was done by LexusTech....

Im dropping the car off tomrrow guys... whew!!!!!!! At least it is free for me.... ill update you guys....
Old 11-02-05, 08:12 PM
kormaster
Pit Crew

UPDATE:

My dealer finished installing my SIRIUS kit for my truck. WOrks wonderfully... BY pressing AM button, i can change mode into SAT....

Only problem.. i dont know how to activate it... i guess by default, it gives me few channels to listen to to hook me in... but I need to know the ID number of the unit... and the dealer installed it and they hid it behind the right side dash (According to the little memo they wrote me)

Damn.... i dont wanna take it to the dealer and have them take it out and write the code blah blah blah... big hassle... isnt there anyway to find out otherwise?
Old 11-03-05, 06:17 AM
patrickcfi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On XM there is a "Radio ID" channel that will have the serial number.

From another site;

How do I obtain the Model Satellite’s Sirius ID (SID) number?

This number is located in the main menu and is also on a white sticker on the rear of the unit as well as on the side of the carton.
Old 11-03-05, 10:23 AM
peterh
Rookie

Kormaster: Where did they mount the antenna? Were they able to route it to the roof? Any pics of the install would be great! When you push the AM (or mode on wheel) does it say "sirius" or "sat" on the display? As someone previously posted, on my XM (non-Lexus) there is a channel that says "display ID" and it will show the ID number so you can call and activiate your service. Your dealer should also have the documentation on the unit that should have the ID number. I would imagine Sirius would be the same.
Old 11-03-05, 10:48 AM
babygirl
Driver School Candidate

Default XM installed and working

Ok so I got XM installed thru NAV and it is working great. I press the AM buttton. Now can anybody tell me how to override the Navigation, I agree. I know this has been asked before, an old link is OK.

Also has anybody used the override that is on about.com for toyota hybrid cars? Does it work? I understand that you have to do it everytime you start the car, but that is better than nothing.
Old 11-03-05, 10:56 AM
kormaster
Pit Crew

TO OVERRIDE NAv... go to the VOLUME setting in the menu or options...

Now do this:
Press the left corner of the screen and bottom left. Tap it several times back and forth.. so tap top left and bottom left back and forth.....
Screen will change to Diag screen or something. Hold the NAV OVERRIDE button until it changes color. Thats it

Yes you gotta do this everytime you turn the engine on cuz it resets. But this fucntion is useful in case of emergency.

My SIRIUS is activated now. I got 3 month free subscription. WOrks great!!!! I love it. ANd i got it installed for free due to previous mishap with my dealer.
Old 11-03-05, 12:06 PM
babygirl
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Kormaster. I also got XM installed for free with 3 months service as part of my lease deal. They initially said that they could not do it but I showed them this site and they worked it out. I will try that override today. Hope it works.
Old 11-03-05, 01:41 PM
stl2chi
Rookie

Default Congrats!!

Ok you lucky folks... How much are you paying for these dealer installs?
I was quoted $800 for parts and labor.......

They were very unsure of the install.... I would be the first. Not ready to be a guinea pig... May wait a few weeks.
Old 11-03-05, 05:12 PM
lepoch
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Huh?

My dealer is telling me their parts department has been following this thread, and they say the part isn't a lexus item, and it works through an FM modulator. WTFO?
Old 11-03-05, 11:58 PM
kormaster
Pit Crew

Those incompetent service people. You konw why they dont know? If they cannot pull out the STEP BY STEP instructions from the service manual, they cannot do it. THey are all monkeys who follow this book they have...

Part cost me 325. I got lucky and got it installed for free... take it to a reputable stereo shop and i bet they know how to do it. It's all PLUG n PLAY. You gotta remove the side wood trim and get the screen out and unplug and put the sirius connector... location of the receiver is wherever you want it. My dealer put it behind the pass. side dash. Unit isnt big. THe antenna is put right next to the rear view mirror (NOT MY FAVORITE PLACE) but install was free and it works. SO i cannot complain.

My dealer tried to pull a fast one as far as CANNOT BE DONE story. They gave me all kind of excuses.. how Lexus doesnt support this and GX isnt designed to work with this. I told them, just remove the dash and plug them in as if it was ES330. Well, they were surprised that it works...

800 for parts and labor is nonsense. 500 or less is more reasonable.
Old 11-04-05, 12:44 PM
peterh
Rookie

Would anyone who has had XM or Sirius installed be kind enough to post a couple of pics? I would really like to see the antenna placement, and the screen when in SAT mode. I think this would help out those of us working with dealers that are not too excited to try this install.
Thank you!
Old 11-06-05, 09:24 PM
LexusTech
Rookie

Originally Posted by kormaster
UPDATE:

My dealer finished installing my SIRIUS kit for my truck. WOrks wonderfully... BY pressing AM button, i can change mode into SAT....

Only problem.. i dont know how to activate it... i guess by default, it gives me few channels to listen to to hook me in... but I need to know the ID number of the unit... and the dealer installed it and they hid it behind the right side dash (According to the little memo they wrote me)

Damn.... i dont wanna take it to the dealer and have them take it out and write the code blah blah blah... big hassle... isnt there anyway to find out otherwise?
No need to remove it. Tune to channel 255 and press the text button,it'll say something like "Sirius ID" then a sequence of numbers. This is your ID/ESN number.
I just checked out Sirius' website,you can activate it online.
Kormaster,regarding the antenna placement. We also install it near the rearview mirror. I know it's not the most aesthetically pleasing location,but we've found it to be the best location reception-wise.

My dealer is telling me their parts department has been following this thread, and they say the part isn't a lexus item, and it works through an FM modulator. WTFO?
Not Lexus items? I suppose they didn't see the posted part numbers on this thread

Last edited by LexusTech; 11-06-05 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-07-05, 08:05 AM
kormaster
Pit Crew

Rear View mirror area is the best area for reception? hmmm i still get cut off whenever there is something covering a direct view of the sky (bridge, buildings) It is pretty sensitive.... supposed to be like that??
Old 11-07-05, 11:17 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Satellite Antenna

Originally Posted by kormaster

Rear View mirror area is the best area for reception? hmmm i still get cut off whenever there is something covering a direct view of the sky (bridge, buildings) It is pretty sensitive.... supposed to be like that??

This where I put my Satellite Antenna.

~ Cap
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS on 06 GX part number verified!!-sirant.jpg  
Old 11-07-05, 12:28 PM
jtbmoore
Driver School Candidate

How did you get it through the window. Does one end of the antenna come off so you just have a wire.

Quick Reply: SIRIUS on 06 GX part number verified!!