GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

GX470 H11 Xenondepot kit installed DIY guide

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-12, 11:01 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RCsGX
Its a china aftermarket kit....what do you expect?
you transport your family around in made in china aftermarket wheels and i'm sure it's working out just fine.

i expect something sold by a cl forum sponsor with a good history of feedback from its members to perform as such. hope that's ez enough for you to digest.
Old 09-18-12, 02:30 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Hi Guys,

ROK: We have updated the harness since you purchased your kit. We use copper terminals now as they are better conductors.

Booyah: The reason I felt the issue was harness related was because it was intermittent. If a component was bad the lights would simply not work. ROK did not feel comfortable troubleshooting and I didn't want to waste his time bringing it to a shop to do for him so I just decided to send him a new harness.

Steve
thanks for sending the harnesses! i got them installed and all is back to normal for now. i have an extra harness you sent me. lmk what you want me to do with that.
Old 09-18-12, 02:43 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
thanks for sending the harnesses! i got them installed and all is back to normal for now. i have an extra harness you sent me. lmk what you want me to do with that.
Steve sells the items in pairs. He doesn't send just one item. Also, Steve values you as a customer.

Say, "Thanks Steve!"
Old 09-18-12, 03:39 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

ROK: They are sent out in pairs as redrocks advised =)

redrocks: Thanks for the kind words.

Steve
Old 09-18-12, 05:14 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
ROK: They are sent out in pairs as redrocks advised =)

redrocks: Thanks for the kind words.

Steve
Steve,

I thank you for your unrelenting desire to make sure your customers are happy!
Old 09-19-12, 05:07 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

I certainly do my best =)
Old 10-03-12, 01:27 PM
skim07
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bought Philips 6000k kit with philips ballast from XenonDepot 5 years ago and its still running strong!
over the years 6000k bulbs have aged and become a little too dim for my taste. Will be changing it out with Philips 4300k once I have some ***** to change out the original ballast connectors.
Old 10-03-12, 01:31 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

I wish I could change the connectors out for you here but I don't even have those connectors any more. It's not hard to do though.

Steve
Old 10-03-12, 05:37 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
you transport your family around in made in china aftermarket wheels and i'm sure it's working out just fine.

i expect something sold by a cl forum sponsor with a good history of feedback from its members to perform as such. hope that's ez enough for you to digest.

LOL little Napolean complex going on there I see. Yeah my wheels are holding up great, better than the crappy dipped OEM chrome wheels.

But the difference IS Im not complaining about my wheels youre the one complaining about an aftermarket "kit" not holding up to the elements. You want something to hold up better get OEM parts / pot them and use weather pack connectors. Hope thats "ez enough for you to digest"....

Unsubscribing...have fun w/ your comebacks. Off to watch the debate.....

Last edited by RCsGX; 10-03-12 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-03-12, 06:48 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RCsGX
LOL little Napolean complex going on there I see. Yeah my wheels are holding up great, better than the crappy dipped OEM chrome wheels.

But the difference IS Im not complaining about my wheels youre the one complaining about an aftermarket "kit" not holding up to the elements. You want something to hold up better get OEM parts / pot them and use weather pack connectors. Hope thats "ez enough for you to digest"....

Unsubscribing...have fun w/ your comebacks. Off to watch the debate.....
xenondepot is, again, a sponsor of this forum with a solid track record. steve responded in a timely manner and their kit with the philips 4300K bulbs on my rig are in fine working order again. i'm all for supporting vendors who hold themselves accountable to their customer base and the community that they actively participate in.

and the only complex i have are w/ the conflicted and confused have-nots who drive $10K german sedans as if you know better. in response all you can do is say i'm going to pack up my toys and go play in your own sandbox? yea, that's what i thought. vote for me - the winner.

Last edited by ROK; 10-04-12 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-04-12, 08:38 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

ROK: Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad to hear that you've got everything going again =)

Steve
Old 12-18-12, 09:50 PM
Nishimoto
Driver School Candidate

Great job in providing step by step details, pictures, and references. Thank you.
Old 12-19-12, 08:24 AM
danmm7
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Security codes?

Great information! Very useful. I just received the XD kit for my 2005 GX.

One question i wanted to get a firm answer on is... security code(s) for the Navi/Radio.
After disconnecting & connecting the battery, do i need to enter any security codes in the Navi/Radio?

I bought my GX used, and i don't see such codes listed anywhere in the documentation i got with the car. I recall that on my Acura RL i had nice little stickers with sec. codes attached to the owners manual.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-13, 06:27 AM
Mparent
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by danmm7
Great information! Very useful. I just received the XD kit for my 2005 GX.

One question i wanted to get a firm answer on is... security code(s) for the Navi/Radio.
After disconnecting & connecting the battery, do i need to enter any security codes in the Navi/Radio?

I bought my GX used, and i don't see such codes listed anywhere in the documentation i got with the car. I recall that on my Acura RL i had nice little stickers with sec. codes attached to the owners manual.

Thanks!
I have an 07 and pulled the battery last week. I was not prompted for a code of any kind. The one thing Zi did run into was the windows needed to be 're-cycled'. I had to go to each window and fully lower & raise it in order to regain control from the driver's control panel. The sunroof had to be fully opened and also in order to utilize the one touch open / close feature. But, again, no radio code needed. Mike
Old 10-21-13, 07:05 PM
zeeshan66
Rookie

I'm having trouble finding the link for the HID kit in the pages...anyone have it off hand?

Quick Reply: GX470 H11 Xenondepot kit installed DIY guide