GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Do you folks feel like you GS-F is looking a little dated?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-22, 10:06 AM
abapper
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Do you folks feel like you GS-F is looking a little dated?

My 2017 Molten Pearl is bone stock, with the exception of a steering wheel/paddle shifter replacement.

With the newer Lexus models + other recent foreign model designs, I'm starting to feel like mine looks dated (especially when viewed from the side).

I've thought about adding a front lip + rear diffuser - how difficult are those to install? Also, what are your thoughts on the fender CF panels?

I suppose, though, by adding too many things, it might lower eventual resale value. So I guess I should weigh that, too
Old 12-03-22, 08:48 PM
winstonchu
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Definitely feeling dated, but what do you expect… it’s 7 years old now!

I still find it good looking though 😍
The following users liked this post:
1wacko (12-03-22)
Old 12-03-22, 11:48 PM
jeverett72
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Some might find it dated b/c it has the traditional 3 box sedan shape which is disappearing quickly. B/c of EVs and aerodynamics/fuel economy traditional sedans are disappearing and everything is moving to the teardrop, fastback/sportback shape where the roofline tapers all the way to the back which I find ugly. The only sportback shaped car that I like is the Audi A7/S7/RS7. Tesla is at fault for this and they are hideous!

And yes putting all kinds of aftermarket mods usually lowers the resale value.

Last edited by jeverett72; 12-04-22 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-04-22, 01:04 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 284 Posts

Well, it doesn't have a replacement so in my opinion, it looks like how a GS is supposed to look.
I personally love the looks of the 4th Gen GS, and I'm glad they stopped it there before it got too hideous.
1wacko (12-04-22)
Old 12-04-22, 02:42 AM
VenomF
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

As far as exterior aesthetics go, I feel like the side profile lacks hard lines/curves. It's very smooth/flat flowing but maybe it's just a Lexus thing.
Compared to the side profile of a M5 or M3, they have more curvature to their doors that brings out the depth/character of the car.
The GS F rear bumper definitely could have implemented the flared design from the RC F.
However, the addition of the Tom's rear diffuser definitely makes a difference.
OMGV8 (12-13-22)
Old 12-04-22, 03:44 AM
Doctj
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

The side would be completely boring if it wasn’t for the rims , because it could use more.
thankfully the front has the grill and the bumper .
and the rear has the spoiler .
but yes compared to other sedans even ones that aren’t even performance trim, the GSF is lacking. Then again it’s an old design.
Old 12-04-22, 08:07 AM
EvilHardee
Rookie

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by VenomF
As far as exterior aesthetics go, I feel like the side profile lacks hard lines/curves. It's very smooth/flat flowing but maybe it's just a Lexus thing.
Compared to the side profile of a M5 or M3, they have more curvature to their doors that brings out the depth/character of the car.
The GS F rear bumper definitely could have implemented the flared design from the RC F.
However, the addition of the Tom's rear diffuser definitely makes a difference.
Here is a guy on instagram that has done the rear bumper flairs pretty well!

I'm certainly not into this stance thing, but an interesting GS for sure.

His name is wanganbeat on insta.
Old 12-04-22, 08:50 AM
JerryR13
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilHardee
Here is a guy on instagram that has done the rear bumper flairs pretty well!

I'm certainly not into this stance thing, but an interesting GS for sure.

His name is wanganbeat on insta.
I love what he did here. Follow him on IG. Interesting side note, it's not an F car. It's been converted to look like the GSF. I like the LEXUS lettering on the trunk.
Old 12-06-22, 10:53 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 284 Posts

Holy mother of Abraham!
lobuxracer (12-07-22)
Old 12-08-22, 07:26 PM
WaterFish
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

I have the Novel Lipkit and makes it look more aggressive and lowered. Transforms the look of the car IMO.

Old 12-13-22, 08:54 PM
OMGV8
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

You could get a Novel front lip or a Tom’s front lip and a Tom’s rear diffuser, or any other brand you like. Makes a lot of difference. These parts can all be taken off and sold again for >50% of purchase price any day and you’ll still retain your car’s value. Some buyers actually would like to buy the car with the mods on at a higher price than the bone stock price. New wheels, black out (vinyl wrap) of all chrome grill trim, window trim etc also makes a huge difference. I feel like with any car the age starts to show in 3 or so years. Also, some of us get bored with the same car/look I personally LOVE the GSF and how unique it is.
1wacko (12-14-22)
Old 12-14-22, 06:23 AM
ping83
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Aero, wheels, and lowered properly I do not feel it looks dated. I came from the ISF so this feels very current in comparison. Infotainment, sure, but we all knew that buying these cars and you don’t buy a F car for infotainment.
1wacko (12-14-22)
Old 12-14-22, 07:11 AM
NotFSport
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm possibly in the minority here, but i don't think it looks dated at all. The more years go by the more i realize that the majority of people know absolutely nothing about cars. My Infiniti is 15 years old and simply because the paint is pretty nice and the headlights aren't foggy EVERYONE thinks it's max 5 years old. The 1% that know it's not a recent model are all car people.

Personal taste is subjective but i think design-wise the GS F fits in perfectly with current models on the road. I seriously don't think anyone other than a GS F owner who sees it every day has even an inkling that the car is old or outdated in it's style (or any other measure, frankly).
The following 4 users liked this post by NotFSport:
1wacko (12-14-22), designo (12-16-22), lobuxracer (12-14-22), WaterFish (12-14-22)
Old 12-14-22, 07:34 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,854 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Originally Posted by NotFSport
I'm possibly in the minority here, but i don't think it looks dated at all. The more years go by the more i realize that the majority of people know absolutely nothing about cars. My Infiniti is 15 years old and simply because the paint is pretty nice and the headlights aren't foggy EVERYONE thinks it's max 5 years old. The 1% that know it's not a recent model are all car people.

Personal taste is subjective but i think design-wise the GS F fits in perfectly with current models on the road. I seriously don't think anyone other than a GS F owner who sees it every day has even an inkling that the car is old or outdated in it's style (or any other measure, frankly).
I hear the same thing about my Supra all the time. Paint still looks great, nothing fogged up or falling off. People think it's a recent model, but it's almost 30 years old now. The GS F is the latest model in the garage, and to say it looks dated would have to come from someone in the industry, not a regular Joe walking down the street.
The following 2 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
1A1 (12-15-22), D1GP (12-14-22)