GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Must-Do Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-19, 05:29 PM
Dre01SS
Rookie

Received 143 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Must-Do Mods?

I just picked up a 2016 GS F and absolutely love the car! Been a few years since I've had a 'fun' car to drive, she's scratching the itch big time.

However I know myself, and nothing stays stock. Are there any "must do" mods that every owner should do? Seems the intake elbow, heat shield, and midpipe are most common from a performance stand point... Am I on the right track?

I've been lurking for a short time, and just registered. Looking forward to enjoying and modding this car, and meeting some ATL folks in the community.
Old 09-10-19, 05:46 PM
bigz187
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Add PPE headers, cat back exhaust , RR Racing AOS, USRS, ECU tune, Swift springs and SPC rear camber arms to dial in your alignment after lowering
Old 09-10-19, 07:10 PM
Dre01SS
Rookie

Originally Posted by bigz187
Add PPE headers, cat back exhaust , RR Racing AOS, USRS, ECU tune, Swift springs and SPC rear camber arms to dial in your alignment after lowering
Good call out with the AOS and USRS!

Not sure if I want to go as far as headers combined with midpipe and catback. May end up being louder than I'd enjoy (20-something year old me would be smacking me over the head for saying that).
Old 09-10-19, 11:34 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 457 Likes on 287 Posts

The first 3 GSF Commandments:

1. Spacers
2. Lowering Springs
3. Camber Kit
Old 09-11-19, 10:06 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 673 Likes on 593 Posts

Hmm..

Some best bang for your bucks..

Takeda Intake
Swift Springs/RSR Springs
Full exhaust
PPE Headers
Wheels.
Toms body kit.

Let us know and we can help you out with any parts!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following users liked this post:
Dre01SS (09-26-19)
Old 09-18-19, 12:00 PM
myclue
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Do most of you guys get an alignment after the lowering springs?
Are the camber arms mandatory?
Old 09-19-19, 07:16 AM
stormhamme
Rookie

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey another GA guy!

First mod is to come out to a local weekly weekly meet in Alpharetta

I'd say some of your first mods should be the USRS kit, and then lowering springs - and revisit your alignment. The car likes to roll over to the edge of the tire on roads like tail of the dragon.
Old 09-19-19, 07:41 AM
Dre01SS
Rookie

Originally Posted by stormhamme
Hey another GA guy!

First mod is to come out to a local weekly weekly meet in Alpharetta

I'd say some of your first mods should be the USRS kit, and then lowering springs - and revisit your alignment. The car likes to roll over to the edge of the tire on roads like tail of the dragon.
I'm game for that... Could've sworn I saw a small gathering in Brookhaven not long ago, remember seeing 2 or 3 grouped by Hudson Grill.

USRS require alignment if done standalone? Seems to be a definitive must.
Old 09-19-19, 11:08 AM
stormhamme
Rookie

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Dre01SS
I'm game for that... Could've sworn I saw a small gathering in Brookhaven not long ago, remember seeing 2 or 3 grouped by Hudson Grill.

USRS require alignment if done standalone? Seems to be a definitive must.
There's a white one that works at a nail salon next to it. I'm up in Chamblee. There are two others in Chamblee, two in Suwanee area, one over in Canton.

It doesn't require an alignment I don't think, however since you're messing with the suspension it'd be advisable.

Also, Lexus techs tend to dial in a massive amount of toe-in to address the toe out issue that the USRS fixes. As in mine was in the red lol. So, that + alignment back to green would probably be beneficial, esp for handling.

A set of springs is nice to get some camber. Having chucked this thing around the dragon a few times, I killed the outer edges of my PSS. New tires with stiffer sidewalls, toe change, went to the dragon, inflated tires more, still the same edge wear

Last edited by stormhamme; 09-19-19 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-19-19, 12:25 PM
Dre01SS
Rookie

Originally Posted by stormhamme
There's a white one that works at a nail salon next to it. I'm up in Chamblee. There are two others in Chamblee, two in Suwanee area, one over in Canton.

It doesn't require an alignment I don't think, however since you're messing with the suspension it'd be advisable.

Also, Lexus techs tend to dial in a massive amount of toe-in to address the toe out issue that the USRS fixes. As in mine was in the red lol. So, that + alignment back to green would probably be beneficial, esp for handling.

A set of springs is nice to get some camber. Having chucked this thing around the dragon a few times, I killed the outer edges of my PSS. New tires with stiffer sidewalls, toe change, went to the dragon, inflated tires more, still the same edge wear
Cool, I'm up in Dunwoody so right up the street, and often in the Brookhaven/Chamblee area. Drop a wave if you see a white one running around.

I need to give GTE a call, USRS seems like an easy garage job but if the alignment makes sense, maybe they can tackle it as one and done.

Let me know about the next get together of the group too.
Old 09-22-19, 10:23 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

K&N air filter
Apexi Mid-pipe
LCA bushing.

Handling, just a bit of sound, and a bit of performance. The handling is good enough for me for what it is, a sports sedan. Lowering springs just makes a borderline harsh ride for a luxury sports sedan even more harsher. A full exhaust, in my opinion, defeats the purpose I had for the car, a sporty, luxury sedan that is quiet.
The following 2 users liked this post by Autobacs:
Dre01SS (09-23-19), TrevorR (09-30-19)
Old 09-23-19, 12:04 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 457 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by myclue
Do most of you guys get an alignment after the lowering springs?
Are the camber arms mandatory?
Alignment? Yes

Camber arms? Yes, otherwise you will eat through the inner seams of your rear tires like every day is a track day.
Old 09-23-19, 06:29 AM
Dre01SS
Rookie

Originally Posted by Autobacs
K&N air filter
Apexi Mid-pipe
LCA bushing.

Handling, just a bit of sound, and a bit of performance. The handling is good enough for me for what it is, a sports sedan. Lowering springs just makes a borderline harsh ride for a luxury sports sedan even more harsher. A full exhaust, in my opinion, defeats the purpose I had for the car, a sporty, luxury sedan that is quiet.
Makes perfect sense, the right tool for the right job... Your GTR is the clear choice for all out raw performance/sound.
I'm with you on using the GS-F for that purpose, keeping the balance between luxury and performance. Seems like Intake, USRS, and mid-pipe will definitely make their way onto the car over time.
The following users liked this post:
Autobacs (09-25-19)
Old 09-23-19, 12:13 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,372 Likes on 628 Posts

Some great suggestions so far. USRS is definitely a must. It helps with handling and eliminates the inner tire wear most all Lexus's suffer from. A tune would be the next on the list for the best power to cost ratio component on the car. Match that with the RR carbon intake system and drop in filter and you'll be more than happy with the smooth power curve and more responsive throttle. Don't waste money on aftermarket intakes as MOST cause a power loss. After that you have obvious suspension options or even add more power with headers or a catback. I'd say just check out our website and if you have any questions, hit me up! I'll answer anything you want to know.

-Sean
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
Autobacs (09-25-19), Dre01SS (09-23-19)
Old 09-30-19, 01:40 PM
Sparkman
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Some great suggestions so far. USRS is definitely a must. It helps with handling and eliminates the inner tire wear most all Lexus's suffer from. A tune would be the next on the list for the best power to cost ratio component on the car. Match that with the RR carbon intake system and drop in filter and you'll be more than happy with the smooth power curve and more responsive throttle. Don't waste money on aftermarket intakes as MOST cause a power loss. After that you have obvious suspension options or even add more power with headers or a catback. I'd say just check out our website and if you have any questions, hit me up! I'll answer anything you want to know.

-Sean
What does USRS stand for?

Also, wouldn't the headers + tune combo be the best bang-for-the-buck?

Quick Reply: Must-Do Mods?