Best Headers for Power 1st, Sound 2nd - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS F (2016-present)
Best Headers for Power 1st, Sound 2nd >

Best Headers for Power 1st, Sound 2nd

Notices
GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Best Headers for Power 1st, Sound 2nd

Old 10-13-18, 09:18 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Originally Posted by lobuxracer View Post
Your route is the same one I would take. The only thing I might do different is buy them uncoated and get a Cerakote shop to coat them with their stuff. I don't think there is anything else out there as durable. I would also run GESI cats because I hate the bad smell, and I think it's irresponsible not to keep your exhaust clean when you can and it's not a power robber the way it used to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzpS-5OfyUU
I also agree that the Cerakote coatings are some of the best and we use the Glacier black for our ceramic coatings.

GESI cats are also a top choice. We use them on out 200T downpipes and have used them on M4 downpipes too right after the turbos. They are very durable and efficient.
The Following User Says Thank You to PPEHeaders For This Useful Post:
lobuxracer (10-14-18)
Old 10-14-18, 11:56 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by PPEHeaders View Post
While it is best to have the wideband A/F sensors in or right after the collector, adding a short extension causes a negligible effect on the voltage reading of the sensor. It is preferable to move the sensor so it reaches the proper position than to just put it in one of the runners like some header do. Reading A/F ratio off one cylinder per bank can lead to issues down the road if one of the non-monitored sensors begins to run leaner than the monitored ones.

example on the extensions: 22 gauge multi conductor wire has about a .01614 ohms per foot. Multiply that by 100 micro amps and you get a voltage difference of 0.000001614 Volts. A very small and trivial amount for these applications.
But the circuit works on current, not voltage. I participated in the DIY wideband project, so I'm pretty familiar with the electronics involved in a wideband sensor. If there's any way to avoid an extension, I would work hard to figure it out, especially if it involved splicing wires together to create an extension. Each splice brings its own spice to the party, and while the heater element won't care a whit about it, the pump circuit will, and the lambda accuracy is all about the pump circuit.

Can you extend it? Sure. It just won't be the same as the original configuration and may present weird issues.

I totally agree with not placing the wideband in a single tube. That's inviting disaster or expecting to live a charmed life.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: