GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Any tunes worth it for this car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-18, 01:35 PM
Teutonic
Intermediate

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts

Anybody know how fast a stock GS F can go without the speed limiter?
Old 09-26-18, 04:28 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing

We are trying but don’t hold your breath, as the maker of the handhelds isn’t too motivated given the number of RCF/GSF out there

Rafi
Thanks Rafi, I just dont like the idea of having the car down for 3-4 days while this travels back and forth. Since you're being gracious in answering questions, can you let me know what are realistic, dyno-seen numbers from your tune, a CAI and equal-length long tube headers?
The following users liked this post:
designo (09-27-18)
Old 09-26-18, 07:26 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by texaslexii
Thanks Rafi, I just dont like the idea of having the car down for 3-4 days while this travels back and forth. Since you're being gracious in answering questions, can you let me know what are realistic, dyno-seen numbers from your tune, a CAI and equal-length long tube headers?
well, our dyno results as posted on our website show stock RCF at 400whp, and tune/headers/exhaust at 445whp.

I urge you not to buy an intake for the RCF/GSF, they are all worthless

Rafi
designo (09-27-18)
Old 09-26-18, 07:29 PM
shenry500
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Awesome info thanks so much
Old 09-27-18, 12:43 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Thank you to RRR for chiming in.

I personally have never had any confidence in any type of intake on NA V8 cars. Unless of course, you enjoy the induction sound and engine bay looks.

But I never understood the open cone type induction once a super charger is installed? But that's for another discussion I hope.

However, going back to the RR dyno sheet posted... the pre-tune graph looks okay. Seems like power and torque curves are consistent.

Also, wouldn't a simple simulator get rid of the CEL once the headers are installed and primaries cancelled out?

How about an after market header with high flow primaries? Would that trigger a CEL?

I drove your Supercharged RCF at KP, the power nad torque is noticeable, but a CEL was right there in my face on the dash.
Old 09-27-18, 12:45 AM
designo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Teutonic
Anybody know how fast a stock GS F can go without the speed limiter?
A video is in order ! Let's do it.
Old 09-27-18, 06:31 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by designo
Thank you to RRR for chiming in.

I personally have never had any confidence in any type of intake on NA V8 cars. Unless of course, you enjoy the induction sound and engine bay looks.

But I never understood the open cone type induction once a super charger is installed? But that's for another discussion I hope.

However, going back to the RR dyno sheet posted... the pre-tune graph looks okay. Seems like power and torque curves are consistent.

Also, wouldn't a simple simulator get rid of the CEL once the headers are installed and primaries cancelled out?

How about an after market header with high flow primaries? Would that trigger a CEL?

I drove your Supercharged RCF at KP, the power nad torque is noticeable, but a CEL was right there in my face on the dash.
The Supercharged RCF you drove is not "our" RCF. Our RCFs, or our customer RCFs do not have CELs. Kanoo bought our kit and decided to do some other things with that car, so I'm not sure why they were getting a CEL, you may want to ask them. All I can say is that our SC cars do not drive around with CELs.

We have 2 header options for the RCF, equal length and unequal length depending on preferences. Both make same power.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 09-27-18, 07:37 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

well, our dyno results as posted on our website show stock RCF at 400whp, and tune/headers/exhaust at 445whp.

I urge you not to buy an intake for the RCF/GSF, they are all worthless

Rafi
Rafi, is this RCF bone stock? I assume we can expect similar results on a GSF, correct?

Old 09-27-18, 07:38 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

A video is in order ! Let's do it.
Old 09-27-18, 09:04 AM
designo
Pole Position

The Supercharged RCF you drove is not "our" RCF. Our RCFs, or our customer RCFs do not have CELs. Kanoo bought our kit and decided to do some other things with that car, so I'm not sure why they were getting a CEL, you may want to ask them. All I can say is that our SC cars do not drive around with CELs.

We have 2 header options for the RCF, equal length and unequal length depending on preferences. Both make same power.

Rafi
OK good to know.
I'm guessing your headers are PPE headers? You have a collaboration with them?
Old 09-27-18, 09:59 AM
Teutonic
Intermediate

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts

I've seen this before. This is with the speed limiter. I'd like to see without what it could actually do....not that it really matters!
Old 09-28-18, 03:50 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Rafi, is this RCF bone stock? I assume we can expect similar results on a GSF, correct?
Of course, the two cars are mechanically identical.

OK good to know.
I'm guessing your headers are PPE headers? You have a collaboration with them?
We work closely with PPE, and our tune is developed with PPE headers. We offer package pricing with Tune/headers.

Rafi
designo (09-28-18)
Old 09-28-18, 03:19 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Let me chime in here to clear up some mis-information.

(1) We can tune 2016 GSF ECU.... no one can tune the 17+ ECU yet.
(2) The tune provides a noticeable improvement in mid range torque, we have many satisfied RCF customers who can attest to this. If you are guided only buy peak power gains, then you are out of luck.
(3) The tune ensures you don't get a check engine light if you install catless race headers.
(4) The tune removes the speed limiter.
(5) When customers send us the ECU for programming, we return ship the ECU ***SAME DAY*** so the wait is minimal.

FYI, the Takeda RCF/GSF intake makes ZERO power and is a complete waste of money... we have tested it extensively and I can make this statement with absolute confidence. We don't sell an intake for this very reason, they don't make any power. HOWEVER, in the next month or so, we will be introducing a very nice intake related product that actually does make your car faster... coming soon
Rafi
Hey Rafi,
do you guys offer the option of people coming to your shop to get the ECU tune done? I live within driving distance of you guys, and wouldn't mind taking a drive out to get I done.
Old 10-01-18, 11:48 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Of course, you can come up to our shop in Exton PA, or meet up with us at Watkins Glen NY and do a track day! I can tune your car at the shop or the track.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 01-04-19, 01:40 AM
Marth06
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

from my correspondence with them, their tune is geared more towards maintaining the "updated" calibration when you do mods, i.e. headers and intake. Apparently the ECUs in these cars will adapt and scale back timing/fuel advance/etc when you add power adders, so you'll get 6HP from the chip alone, but it will prevent the car from retarding timing et al when you start moding. I hope to be able to save enough for Novel headers, a CF intake and then install this chip. That should be good for about 25-30 whp based on what some videos have shown.
Plus that orgasmic novel sound...
is this correct?
otherwise no point doing any mods without a tune??

Quick Reply: Any tunes worth it for this car?