GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

GSF Exhaust options

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-17, 01:00 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76
Just rethinking and now considering to wait and go with a full system. The NOVEL is the BEST sounding (sounds like a V10) however it is the MOST expensive. Seriously $11K for a full system?

The TOMS Full titanium system looks pretty interesting as well and its half the price of a NOVEL, but not so sure of how it sounds.

This maybe a long shot, but for anyone that has installed the NOVEL system on their GSF. Is it possible to get the same sound by just installing the NOVEL headers only? Or does the sound primarily influenced by the Cat back version? Trying to see if getting the headers or Cat back would get me the same sound as a Full system.
I posted a clip of the Novel headers with stock exhaust...Post 73

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ake-2-a-5.html

The complete Novel system is needed to get the exhaust note your after
Old 11-23-17, 10:46 AM
TexasGSF
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsfdream
if i were you i would not get the greddy system it is a waist of money. My buddy with his gsf got the axle back and i heard it multiple times and its so disappointing!!! its only just a tad bit louder then stock, so little difference between the two that if the greddy didn't look different then the stock i would never know he had a axle back on his car.
i did a muffler delete on my car and it sound ****en *****in

here are some video clips
stock exhaust https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frpJtm1Dvl0

muffler delete cold start https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFfBYM2AiZg

and warm revs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cvjq4FwAsU

full videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD9hSP1ckLY
Hey brotha,

First off, your GSF YouTube Videos are awesome! I’ve watched all of them and found them very insightful! One of your videos showcases the muffler delete job you had. From what I can hear, it sounds amazing and wayyy better than these $1500+ exhaust systems out there. I’m thinking about doing the same thing but have a couple questions before I pull the trigger. 1) Does the car drone at cruisinspeeds 45, 60, and 70 mph? And 2) If your phone is hooked up to Bluetooth, when you talk to people, can they hear the exhaust in the background? I’m constantly on phone calls for work and use the Bluetooth a lot, but am worried the deeper note will be too loud for phone calls. 3) what size pipes did you use- 2’, 2.5’, or 3’ in?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Anthony
Old 11-23-17, 01:59 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by biggame
I posted a clip of the Novel headers with stock exhaust...Post 73

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ake-2-a-5.html

The complete Novel system is needed to get the exhaust note your after
When are you doing the rest of the install on the NOVEL. Would love to hear the full system.
Old 11-23-17, 06:46 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts

Anybody here have the Tanabe Touring Medalion ? I think it sounds nice in this video clip.
Slightly more aggressive than stock and made by a company that is known for quality products.

Old 11-24-17, 08:48 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

I've listed to them all and NONE of the exhaust systems come anywhere close to the NOVEL....
Old 11-26-17, 09:15 AM
Bzguy78
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

I've listed to them all and NONE of the exhaust systems come anywhere close to the NOVEL....
Novel is nice but too pricey for an exhaust system. I'm sure if people can afford it, it would be a popular choice here.
Old 11-26-17, 09:18 AM
Bzguy78
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasGSF
Hey brotha,

First off, your GSF YouTube Videos are awesome! I’ve watched all of them and found them very insightful! One of your videos showcases the muffler delete job you had. From what I can hear, it sounds amazing and wayyy better than these $1500+ exhaust systems out there. I’m thinking about doing the same thing but have a couple questions before I pull the trigger. 1) Does the car drone at cruisinspeeds 45, 60, and 70 mph? And 2) If your phone is hooked up to Bluetooth, when you talk to people, can they hear the exhaust in the background? I’m constantly on phone calls for work and use the Bluetooth a lot, but am worried the deeper note will be too loud for phone calls. 3) what size pipes did you use- 2’, 2.5’, or 3’ in?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Anthony
before I had the full exhaust system I had the resonator delete done and it was ok, no drone. Can't say about the muffler delete though.
Old 12-14-17, 07:05 PM
5280Fsport
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am considering getting an Exhaust for my GSF. Do not have the funds for a FULL system (Headers, MidPipe & Exhaust) so hoping to do this in three parts. Thinking of starting with the Cans, then mid pipe and last headers (as they are the most expensive)

Would like to get some input/opinions from others members so I know what my options are (without breaking the bank) and the best way to go.

I do not mind Mixing and Matching parts (Exhaust/Mid Pipe/Headers) as long as they all fit. From looks perspective i like the Oval Factory tips and would like to retain a similar look (Do not like round tips)
I have a 16 GS-F. I took it to my local muffler shop and had them delete the mufflers. Sounds f-ing amazing.
Old 12-14-17, 07:30 PM
OUGrad05
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Anybody here have the Tanabe Touring Medalion ? I think it sounds nice in this video clip.
Slightly more aggressive than stock and made by a company that is known for quality products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ_Y9kw-YUI
Sounds outstanding, I would be worried about drone in the car with any exhaust mods. Drone is not acceptable and makes for tiresome driving. keep volume levels the same inside and no drone and that's a winner...
Old 12-15-17, 12:41 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Does anybody have a sound clip of the Tom's axle back on a GSF?
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (12-15-17)
Old 12-15-17, 06:38 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by 13FSPORT
Does anybody have a sound clip of the Tom's axle back on a GSF?
I have videos of the actuals Toms GSF axle back from their car in Japan.

I'll compile a Youtube video.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following 2 users liked this post by Meraki Autoworks:
13FSPORT (12-16-17), RC51TOFUMA (12-15-17)
Old 12-21-17, 01:17 PM
SolidG1
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey guys when you do the muffler delete does it make ur rear bumper eventually black like a cat delete? And can we confirm if there is no drone? Thanks.
Old 12-21-17, 01:24 PM
5280Fsport
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SolidG1
Hey guys when you do the muffler delete does it make ur rear bumper eventually black like a cat delete? And can we confirm if there is no drone? Thanks.
Well... I don't think it makes it black. But my F is black and I get it washed at least twice per week. I do notice some black inside my tips if I go a week without cleaning. I drive the hell out of mine though (always: sport + and track mode).

Drone: very subjective. It does have a drone for sure but for some reason, my GS F drone doesn't bother me. My wife has an Escalade that I had a Magnaflow muffler put on and that drone will drive you up the wall.
Old 12-22-17, 09:40 AM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
I have videos of the actuals Toms GSF axle back from their car in Japan.

I'll compile a Youtube video.

-Josh

Any luck with that video?
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (12-22-17)
Old 12-27-17, 10:22 PM
E90076
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 13FSPORT
Any luck with that video?
I’d like to see it as well - thinking about buying myself!

Quick Reply: GSF Exhaust options