GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

So, which handles better overall?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-16, 08:54 AM
CalboyF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So, which handles better overall?

I am a current RCF owner. Owned ISF and loved every minute of it. Always love four-door.
just wondering: Does GSF dynamically handle better or on par with RCF? Acceleration wise?

is it a more driver's car than RCF?
Old 01-05-16, 09:19 AM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's strange because many reviewers stated that the RC-F is too heavy and that they can easily feel the weight. But if you look at the reviews for the GS F, the same reviewers stated that the car feels very nimble and agile (even though both cars almost weigh the same and have the same engine). Maybe the chassis between the 2 cars are that much different?

I think you're better off doing a test drive ASAP to find out for yourself lol.
Old 01-05-16, 10:38 AM
CalboyF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
It's strange because many reviewers stated that the RC-F is too heavy and that they can easily feel the weight. But if you look at the reviews for the GS F, the same reviewers stated that the car feels very nimble and agile (even though both cars almost weigh the same and have the same engine). Maybe the chassis between the 2 cars are that much different?

I think you're better off doing a test drive ASAP to find out for yourself lol.
I know !! That's exactly why I am posting here for seek comments! It's very strange to me. I was also under the impression that the GS chassis must be THAT different in order to receive drastically diff reviews
Old 01-05-16, 11:17 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I love how my base GS handles, i would love to take an "F' for a rip.
Old 01-05-16, 12:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i haven't driven the gsf obviously, but i always have reservation on the frankenstein chassis on the rcf. i simple a simple single chassis design is always more efficient and effective
Old 01-06-16, 04:55 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i haven't driven the gsf obviously, but i always have reservation on the frankenstein chassis on the rcf. i simple a simple single chassis design is always more efficient and effective

My thoughts as well but I can't help shake off the possibility journalists are also being tougher on the RC F thanks to the years of M3/4 dominance in this segment. In the mid-luxury performance sedan class, the M5 has had its criticism in recent years particularly regarding weight and the CTS-V although a best track performer, is too new to be engrained as the class' standard. Nonetheless, I don't want to take anything away from the GS F since besides the relative shortcomings in power, the reviews are extremely positive in the ride, handling department, and of course that V8 sound!
Old 01-06-16, 11:17 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

According to Motortrend, the GS-F has faster Figure 8 lap time than the RC-F :

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-...t-test-review/
Old 01-06-16, 11:37 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
According to Motortrend, the GS-F has faster Figure 8 lap time than the RC-F :

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-...t-test-review/
when the last Lightning Laps came out, i predicted that the GS-F would be faster than the RC-F. it looks like i'll be proven right. and thats not necessarily a dig at the RC but rather a tip of the cap to the all-world chassis that the GS was already blessed with. all else being pretty much equal (weight, hp, etc) the GS chassis is just better.
Old 01-06-16, 09:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
My thoughts as well but I can't help shake off the possibility journalists are also being tougher on the RC F thanks to the years of M3/4 dominance in this segment. In the mid-luxury performance sedan class, the M5 has had its criticism in recent years particularly regarding weight and the CTS-V although a best track performer, is too new to be engrained as the class' standard. Nonetheless, I don't want to take anything away from the GS F since besides the relative shortcomings in power, the reviews are extremely positive in the ride, handling department, and of course that V8 sound!
if anything, it's much easier for press to ditch the gsf because of the power numbers. so the fact that the gsf is getting pretty good reviews so far makes it a great thing imho

to me, i still don't consider it the same league as m5 and e63. but at the same time i have more faith in this car than the rcf
Old 01-08-16, 02:51 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

The GS-F has the best feel it does feel nimble and agile and the power is there but I still feel it needs more, good power though. Compared to my GS yes it is better way better,an M5 con-tester no but that is obvious. There is more to be desired from when I test drove it, sound is pretty good and has a great growl when it starts up.

I would test an RC-F but I hate coupes and I don't really feel comfortable in it. I'd rather wait for the Turbo GS-F, I'm hoping they make the numbers I want.
Old 01-12-16, 03:36 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

The Frankenstein chassis (4GS, IS C, 3IS) of the RC F might be the reason the GS F feels more agile despite the extra weight
Old 01-13-16, 08:19 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
The GS-F has the best feel it does feel nimble and agile and the power is there but I still feel it needs more, good power though. Compared to my GS yes it is better way better,an M5 con-tester no but that is obvious. There is more to be desired from when I test drove it, sound is pretty good and has a great growl when it starts up.

I would test an RC-F but I hate coupes and I don't really feel comfortable in it. I'd rather wait for the Turbo GS-F, I'm hoping they make the numbers I want.
any idea when the turbo version will come if at all?
i dont think it will be this generation gs-f. probably on redesign.
fyi infiiniti has the new TT engine pushing 400 hp that will give this sucka a run for its money...and its awd
Old 01-13-16, 07:39 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Joe Z already posted this, it's very relevant to the question asked. At least both the people giving their opinion have driven both cars on a track.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...y-raceway.html