GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-16, 06:14 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by GSF4RL
I disagree. Unless the car has been wrecked I can't imagine they did any damage to the drivetrain, even if they drove it hard..
There is a reason why the owners manual states damage could be done or it cuts down the engines life if a proper break in wasn't done. Guess you know more than the engineers that designed and made the car.
Old 11-10-16, 06:19 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,472 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
There is a reason why the owners manual states damage could be done or it cuts down the engines life if a proper break in wasn't done. Guess you know more than the engineers that designed and made the car.
You really don't want to open that can of worms. Break-in is done at the factory anyway. I redlined the car we bought in 3rd gear on the test drive and I am completely confident it will be just fine. My ISF is just fine at 135k miles and I did the same with it. I've built a whole lot of engines, and nothing is better than putting a load on it as soon as possible. Baby it and you'll have a low powered oil burning pig. JMHO from years of doing it.
Old 11-10-16, 06:20 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSF4RL
I'm in the central valley. My sticker was $87,485. White/red, Mark Levinson, Orange calipers and lighted door sills. Missing glass breakage sensors, wheel locks and sticker on bumper to protect paint...all things I don't care about. Not sure how you could get to 90K unless there are dealer installed options like those stupid Carbon Fiber stickers on the fenders, wheel protection package, or prepaid service. Is it missing anything you care about?

Warranty should start day it was registered so you will likely lose that time, maybe they would add an extended warrany
going a little extreme.. But I'm pretty sure the dealer owner or corporate won't take out a new Lex and have some fun cough cough cough

advertise it as: no wrecks, managers special, no accidents, full warranty, 100 miles!!

Old 11-10-16, 06:35 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You really don't want to open that can of worms. Break-in is done at the factory anyway. I redlined the car we bought in 3rd gear on the test drive and I am completely confident it will be just fine. My ISF is just fine at 135k miles and I did the same with it. I've built a whole lot of engines, and nothing is better than putting a load on it as soon as possible. Baby it and you'll have a low powered oil burning pig. JMHO from years of doing it.
so what you are saying is you know more than the engineers that created the car and engine. Since we are at it and you disagree with the content in owners manual, why don't you try and redline the engine daily when it's cold, put low grade gas, skip the oil maintnance... Let's see how that goes. What does the engineers know anyways, right?

Btw I do not baby my performance vehicles and drive them like I stole it daily. But I do follow the manual since I consider the developers know best.

135k is nothing to brag about in a Toyota product. Do it in a German without any issues or burn a drop of oil maybe I will take your suggestions and theories seriously.

Btw my Rcf hasn't burned a drop of oil after 10k miles. Neither did my 370z or my bike and I followed the manual process. Their dyno results mirror everyone else's too
Old 11-10-16, 09:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bolaga
It's already been registered as corporate vehicle. So it's at least 600 miles off from the warranty already.
The MSRP is 87k, therefore I don't think its max out, since I have seen 90k before.

I am in Bay Area, so not much of options around here.
i don't think you can get gsf to touch 90k with just factory addon. none of the cars i have seen get past 89k, most expensive car within socal region i have seen is 88749
Old 11-10-16, 10:58 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,472 Posts

so what you are saying is you know more than the engineers that created the car and engine. Since we are at it and you disagree with the content in owners manual, why don't you try and redline the engine daily when it's cold, put low grade gas, skip the oil maintnance... Let's see how that goes. What does the engineers know anyways, right?

Btw I do not baby my performance vehicles and drive them like I stole it daily. But I do follow the manual since I consider the developers know best.

135k is nothing to brag about in a Toyota product. Do it in a German without any issues or burn a drop of oil maybe I will take your suggestions and theories seriously.

Btw my Rcf hasn't burned a drop of oil after 10k miles. Neither did my 370z or my bike and I followed the manual process. Their dyno results mirror everyone else's too
How many championship winning engines have you built? I've built a fair number of them. Yeah, I disagree with the factory on break-in.

Only an idiot redlines a cold engine.

I did skip the oil maintenance. I sent my oil for analysis. I run 12k miles on a load of oil, and it doesn't matter if I do short trips, long trips, or track weekends, it always comes out the same. Maybe you would like to read all about it?

Gas is a commodity. I run whatever is available with a suitable octane. I don't need to pay for marketing when they all come from the exact same base stock.

Follow the manual all you like. Your engine will make less power than mine, and will burn oil sooner. This isn't rocket science and the engineers at Toyota have a different agenda than I do. Their goal is to ensure the engine makes it through warranty without a major failure. Mine is to ensure my engine delivers everything the designer intended.

If you really think the people who actually built the engine built it the way the designer intended, I've got some bad news. They build to tolerance, not design spec. And when they build to tolerance, they make sure they err on the side ensuring no warranty claims, not the side ensuring the engine delivers the rated horsepower. I have measured compression ratios in production engines and found them significantly short of the spec sheet. I could go on and on, but the reality is, yes, I do know better than the company whose goal is to not pay a warranty claim. The engineers know better too, but they are constrained by economic realities of running a business.

Last but not least - your engine burns oil. All engines burn oil. It is impossible for it not to, and when you understand the physics of the situation, you'll stop saying things like "my engine doesn't burn a drop of oil." I broke in my '93 Celica GTS by following the instructions to the letter. It burned a quart of oil every 1500 miles. I hated that car very soon after buying it and didn't shed a tear when I ditched it for my Supra.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 11-10-16 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-11-16, 11:24 AM
talltrini1
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No disrespect, but you really don't want to get into this with him. He's forgotten more about this stuff than most of us will ever know.
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (01-18-18)
Old 11-11-16, 01:31 PM
GSF4RL
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess I do...just trying to be helpful. And thanks for the smart *** comment.

Last edited by GSF4RL; 11-11-16 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-11-16, 03:52 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

^above 3 posts

I'm not claiming I know more than you or vice versa on engines, but what I do know is what the owners manual states. It's in the glove box, maybe you should take a peek at it. Maybe one day you can build your own car and sell it to the masses and write your own manual on how to operate it (and some random person online Will buy it and correct you on how to operate and maintain it). Until then it's foolish to think you know more than the Toyota engineers that built the car

btw lubuxracer, I know average joes that can slap on a big turbo and build civic engine and win "championships". Doesn't mean they don't have to rip it apart and rebuild weekly. We are talking about real life DD here for long term reliability

Last edited by ssmoked; 11-11-16 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-11-16, 05:47 PM
GSF4RL
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Kind of getting off base from the original thread of helping other buyers get the best deal on a GS F. Good luck bolaga with your purchase, let us know how it goes. My advice....Don't feed the trolls!
Old 11-11-16, 06:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

you still have no idea who you are talking to. other people maybe you can have doubts, but lubuxracer? when he said he built championship motors he meant it.

i don't build cars but i do build other high end stuff that requires plenty of documentation and requirements. our job is to make sure everything is conservative enough that it makes it through the guaranteed life cycle of the product with minimal amount of issues / returns. that's the case for almost everything out there. and i can guarantee you that on the stuff i build, a lot of stuff are far from what the product is actually capable. a lot of stuff we put in are plain stupid just so we don't hear from any lawyers.

if you live by the "manual" as bible and think following it means you are getting the best out of your product, you are sorely mistaken. you are just making sure you are following what designers want you to believe in, even if that means underdoing or overdoing what's necessary.
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (01-18-18)
Old 11-12-16, 08:16 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Silly me. I opened the last page of this thread thinking I'd see recent prices paid.
Old 11-12-16, 05:16 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Silly me. I opened the last page of this thread thinking I'd see recent prices paid.
It keeps happening, probably should lock this thread and start a new one.
Old 11-13-16, 08:52 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by shivad87
Hey guys,

so after about a week or two of haggling and getting numbers where I want them I pulled the trigger on a Ultrasonic Blue/Circuit Red GSF! Final price was $67,114 which I felt was amazing. Currently still getting some things together to I may not pick the car up for another week or two. But ill post pictures when I do. It has always been a dream of mine to own a Ultrasonic Blue "F" since the ISF came out in 2008. and today, a dream came true!! Not coming from far, currently have a 2014 IS 350 Fsport which I am trading in.

Any New Yorkers looking to get into a GSF or any other Lexus Model, please go see Ali at Lexus of Smithtown. Truly a class salesman and never pressured me for a deposit once. Kept his word and went above and beyond to sell me the first GSF at the dealership.
FYI everyone
Old 11-14-16, 11:09 AM
zukbang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up my GS F last week from Glendale CA. before all the fees and taxes, selling price of the car is $64,700. MSRP $87,095
it is Ultra White/Circuit Red. Love everything about this car

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)